Home PEx Relationships Love - Intimacy & Passion
Reminder: You never know what someone is going through, so be kind.

Why prostitution will never go out of style.

There has been much talk about prostitution being a vehicle that victimizes women. Women who engage in prostitution are reduced to sex objects in a male dominated system that reduces their worth to a Dollar value. Many people do not realize that women prostitute themselves all the time whether it is official or unofficial. Men need sex as much as women need security in the form of assets. When a man and woman enter into a relationship, a trade occurs. This is why high status men can get such beautiful women. The men trade their high status for a good that they like which is sex while the women trade their sexuality for something that they lack as second rate citizens, a man's status. Even though we live in the 21st century, a woman is still taken more seriously when she is attached to a man. So, Jennifer the lawyer is not as powerful as Jennifer the wife of Fred the lawyer. It is a man that upgrades a woman's identity. Perhaps there is a possibility someday that men and women will truly be equal in the eyes of a given society. However, the harsh truth is that whenever women start to attain near parity with men, perhaps even exceed them, men have the luxury of suppressing women using violence and brute strength as tools. Prostitution is the sole leverage that a woman has over a man though a woman that takes a quid pro quo approach will still risk suppression by a man in the manner just described.

Straight prostitution though is just a more honest transaction. Everything is known to either party in the commercial transaction, including expectations. There are no broken hearts in prostitution. Of course, some customers want to indulge in the fantasy of winning a prostitute over Pretty Woman style. However, this is simply the equivalent of a perceiver suspending their disbelief during a movie. Society condemns ****** for being honest, pimps for lacking subtlety and casitgates Johns for fulfilling natural sexual urges. Society cannot tolerate the notion that commercializing sex is a natural solution to restrictions placed by society against individuals. Looking at it from a caveman perspective, the original cave drawings of early man do not depict prostitutes because early man led a life free from the restrictive shackles of society. it is this same society that denies individuals various release mechanisms in order to cope with the daily demands that it imposes upon its members. So long as society exists, prostitution MUST exist.

Comments

• xctrekkerxctrekker PEx Rookie ⭐
    It isn't called the world's oldest profession for nothing. It's even mentioned in the Bible- daw,
  • Because it's a gift that will keep on paying.
  • This article is well placed. It made me see prostitution in a totally different angle. My girlfriend uses this technique to her advantage, almost always. When we have our little tampuhan, she 'lures' me back by going down on me. Can't resist her advances when she does this to me. She's always the victor. I know when she needs a favor when she joins me in the shower and gives me a bath...then one thing leads to another.
  • It is a man that upgrades a woman's identity.

CRAP!
  • SmartnSexy wrote: »
    It is a man that upgrades a woman's identity.

CRAP!

The truth is difficult to take. All one has to do is to look at how a single woman is perceived compared to a single man, even in the Philippines. A single woman is questioned about her singlehood constantly by her friends and family. Indeed, there are labels such as Old Maid, Spinster, etc. For a single man, society gives him a sly wink. Bachelor is a positive term used in many contexts. The first degree at a university is a Bachelor's degree. A Bachelor Pad is seen as a hip and cool place where the latest electronics and furniture can be showcased. Indeed, Bachelor is such a positive term that women have tried to ride its positive coat tails by appropriating it through the term Bachelorette. Sadly, this is not even the appropriate term for the suffix -or is a Latin one. The appropriate term should be Bacheltrix much like the word Executrix. Sadly the French suffix -ette is a diminutive of its masculine counterpart. So, a cigarette is a small cigar. By this reasoning, a Bachelorette is a smaller Bachelor, which is actually an insulting term for women, though they have aided in their gender inequality by affirming a man as the bigger, more important sex in singlehood.

Also, even when women keep their maiden name, that specific surname is their father's surname. Any society gives more respect to a Mrs. rather than a Ms. A Mrs. is entitled to the honorific of madam or m'am. A Mrs. can only be acquired through marriage. Indeed, a woman is not taken seriously UNTIL she is married, hence a woman needs a man in order for her identity to be acknowledged, thus this is a form of upgrade.

Women fantasize about surrendering to a man, which is why Romance Novels always sell well with women. They dream about a wedding upon which they can be SWEPT OFF THEIR feet by a man, which really is to ensure that she does not escape as a man's chattel. Besides, how can a so called independent woman have her own identity if she is not even on the ground with her two feet?
  • Kenbone wrote: »
    This article is well placed. It made me see prostitution in a totally different angle. My girlfriend uses this technique to her advantage, almost always. When we have our little tampuhan, she 'lures' me back by going down on me. Can't resist her advances when she does this to me. She's always the victor. I know when she needs a favor when she joins me in the shower and gives me a bath...then one thing leads to another.

You see what I mean with my post? There is manipulation and dishonesty involved. However, with a prostitute you never have to worry about being manipulated because you will always get what you pay for with your hard earned Pesos. Plus, no arguments that drive men crazy with migraine headaches and the need to go out with friends for a beer to cool off.
  • They say prostitution is one of the world's oldest occupations. From this vantage point we can infer some occupations that are older:

Prostitution is initiated in a public forum. Of course, you can't just have women strolling around all day in an open field. So, prostitution is predated by the rise of towns and cities. There are no depictions of prostitutes in the cave drawings found in Europe. Builders such as carpenters and other laborers must therefore pre-date prostitution.

Prostitution requires consideration exchanged. Consideration here is legally defined as value exchanged for value. Value is economically determined to be the actions towards objects. Things themselves don't have any value but rather the actions behind them do. For example, a rock by itself is worthless. However, if a person takes that rock and sells the features and benefits of that rock as a weapon, a weight that holds something else in place, etc. then that rock has value because the actions surrounding it create value for the rock. Actions and words determine value. So, artisans(rock polishing also adds value to the rock) and sales predate prostitution. This is not to say that "money" predates prostitution, only value for value trade.

Since prostitution involves some form of tangible trade, then accounting must have existed before prostitution. Trade involves accounting in terms of knowing how much surplus is remaining in order to trade for sex. Accounting includes a simple inventory of goods in order to determine which goods are available for barter at any given time.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^I think you're thinking of prostitution in a way too complicated a fashion (historically).

There's a documentary of Neanderthals two years ago and in the end the way they pose the possible Cro Magnon and Neanderthal interliaison (that despite lack of genetic findings in our blood, that Neanderthals' extinction could still be from intermarriage) as showing Cro Magnon's taking turns at a Neaderthal woman whom they gave food to. :glee:

I think you're inferring that specialization is needed to trade a service for another for it to be called prostitution. I guess in that case if you only do sex for money or other service say part time, cops shouldn't arrest you for solicitation. :glee:
  • revhardrevhard PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    prostitution na pala yung ginawa niya sakin kahapon, wala akong kamalay malay tsk tsk... :lol: