Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Job / livelihood- based reality-documentary shows

Is there such an official category? It starts out as a documentary about their livelihood until the stars get a following and become celebrities in their own right.

Pawn Stars
Deadliest Catch
The Pickers
Kings of Restoration
Parking Wars
Swamp People
Ice Road Truckers
Gold Mine
Rock Stars
Axe Men
Storage Wars

IMHO, these guys deserve every minute of their celebrity status compared to those Hollywood Wives / Jersey Shore idiots.

Comments

• Is there such an official category? It starts out as a documentary about their livelihood until the stars get a following and become celebrities in their own right.

Pawn Stars
    Deadliest Catch
    The Pickers
    Kings of Restoration
    Parking Wars
    Swamp People
    Ice Road Truckers
    Gold Mine
    Rock Stars
    Axe Men
    Storage Wars

IMHO, these guys deserve every minute of their celebrity status compared to those Hollywood Wives / Jersey Shore idiots.

Mabilis na OT

Naice to see you here, kakapagod sa Tech Today Thread :hiya:

carry on!
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Supposedly, we could refer to them as feature/lifestyle shows. A lot of supposedly docu-reality series seems so staged and scripted, you don't know if it's actually what they show us.
  • I think OC Choppers started out like this but now transformed into the sickening reality-drama it now is.

I think Pawn Stars is also headed in that direction. Same goes for Howe and Howe Tech and Sons of Guns. Too much drama.
  • GL2814.5GL2814.5 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    j5bata wrote: »
    Supposedly, we could refer to them as feature/lifestyle shows. A lot of supposedly docu-reality series seems so staged and scripted, you don't know if it's actually what they show us.

Speaking of "staged and scripted", I sometimes get the feeling that Chumlee of Pawn Stars may not be as dumb as he is portrayed to be.
    ^That's the case of reality stars creating exaggerated "character"-versions of themselves in their own shows. Suddenly H8R comes to mind with that Sookie episode last year. :lol:

Back to the topic. Saw Black Gold once on truTV while I was in the gym. It's a show about people working on oil drilling sites somewhere in Texas. Looks good, kaso wala kaming truTV sa cable so hirap makahanap ng magandang site para panoorin. :D
  • Maganda ang story and character development ng Ice Road Truckers and Swamp People. But I love Parking Wars. Talagang kumukulo dugo ko in some of the conflicts there.

Matuloy man o ma-cancel ang mga shows nila they still have their day jobs.
  • j5bata wrote: »
    ^That's the case of reality stars creating exaggerated "character"-versions of themselves in their own shows. Suddenly H8R comes to mind with that Sookie episode last year. :lol:

Back to the topic. Saw Black Gold once on truTV while I was in the gym. It's a show about people working on oil drilling sites somewhere in Texas. Looks good, kaso wala kaming truTV sa cable so hirap makahanap ng magandang site para panoorin. :D

Halata namang scripted and very predictable na yung H8R eh.

Anyway, Deadliest Catch lang and PAwn Stars yung mga nasusubaybayan kasi more on aliens/universe yung sinusubaybayan ko like Ancient Aliens, How Universe Works, Through the Wormhole, Wonders of the Solar System and other geeky stuffs :D
    Oh yeah...The CW's Breaking Pointe. Show about guys and gals in tutus and pointed shoes. ganda ng reviews for the show so far... At least you can't script an actual ballet performance :D