Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

The CW's BREAKING POINTE: Dance, Love and Life for REAL

j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
537725_393319497378148_1427363624_n.jpg

I'm loving this new reality docu-soap from The CW.It's not one of those typical scripted reality fare where 90% of the time, you know everything you see is fake, dito you know it's real once they start dancing.

Cast:

Christiana the Prima Veteran
Ronnie the Hunky Uppity Veteran
Katie the B!tchy Bang Babe
Ronald the B!tch of Katie
Rex the Lovesick Brother of Ronald
Allison the B!tchy Ice Queen
Beckanne the Rising Protege
Adam, the Artistic Director of Ballet West in Salt Lake City, UT.

Medyo turn off iyung ilang mga scenes ng past 2 episodes where they switch to do obviosuly staged scenes in restaurants, apartments and stuff pero saving grace talaga na they show ballet as it is: Cut-throat, and highly competitive.

Probably by the end of the season, we get to see more dancing since they will obviously going to stage Petite Morts (Pronounced as "Peh-*** Mohr"). I can't wait for that. :D

Comments

• Sorry jb ha, nakita ko yung preview nito okay, but siguro nagsawa na ako sa CW kaya hindi ko na to sinundan. Yung naging trend kasi nila me mapalabas lang na show lalo na kapag summer, parang di man lang pinag-isipan...
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^May actual program line-up na sila ng programs for the summer season since gusto ni Mark Pedowitz na damihan iyung number of original hours para ma-bridge iyung gap para sa sususunod na season in October. They already have two shows returning for new seasons (The LA Complex and ANTM 19), 2 competition shows in August and a series burn-off of canceled show Remodeled. Plus they probably have a couple or two TV specials in the can as well.

I don't expect Breaking Pointe to last more than a season. Would have been nice if they did but hindi naman parang mga dramas talaga na kailangan tinatapos ang isang season na cliffhanger ang ending tapos kapag kinansela, wala nang resolusyon na maibibigay. Still it's a refreshing take from the usual CW reality shows (Fly Girls, High Society, Plain Jane, and H8R comes to mind) :D
  • ^ Btw, I saw this trailer from VELVET, "The Secret Lives of Dancers" then showing dancers doing ballerina, etc, pareho ba sila?
    Nope, I don't think so. Ganda rin ng ilang dance docu-series din sa Velvet. Fave ko doon iyung Pineapple Dance Studio.
    ---

Intense nung episode last Thursday. Excited sa anong gagawin nila for opening night sa Petit Morts, Emeralds at Paquita this week.
    Another intense episode, and yeah Rex slipped and fell from a large silk cloth. Tsk tsk tsk...

Season finale na next week and the drama continues between Rex and Allison. Next week, may exposure na rin sa wakas itong sina Katie and Ronald.
    hethler wrote: »
    Sorry jb ha, nakita ko yung preview nito okay, but siguro nagsawa na ako sa CW kaya hindi ko na to sinundan. Yung naging trend kasi nila me mapalabas lang na show lalo na kapag summer, parang di man lang pinag-isipan...

Yey for Season 2!

THE CW ORDERS NEW SEASONS OF

“OH SIT!” AND “BREAKING POINTE”

September 26, 2012 (Burbank, California) — The CW Network has ordered new seasons for two of its new reality series, including the amped-up musical chairs competition OH SIT! and the compelling docu-series set in the world of ballet BREAKING POINTE, it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW. Premiere dates will be announced at a later time.

OH SIT! pits 12 thrill-seeking daredevils head to head, racing through five physically demanding, obstacle course-style eliminations, as they compete to claim a chair, to the sounds of a live band and guest musical artists. At the end of the hour, only one contestant will be left sitting triumphant to seize the cash prize. OH SIT! is created and executive produced by Phil Gurin (“The Singing Bee,” “Shark Tank,” “Weakest Link”), Richard Joel and Deena Dill. The series is from The Gurin Company and 405 Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television.

BREAKING POINTE goes behind the stage curtain for an intense, unfiltered look at one of the most competitive ballet companies in the country, Ballet West, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Featuring beautiful and striking on-stage performances, and the arduous journey to the titles of Prima Ballerina and her male counterpart Premier Danseur, BREAKING POINTE leaves no bun undone. Viewers follow these young women and men, as they navigate life, working to find a perfect balance between their personal relationships and their unrelenting desire to be the absolute best ballet dancers in the world. Beneath the beauty and glamour of the dance and costumes is a gritty dog-eat-dog world of extreme athleticism, focus, dedication, passion, pressure and, of course, the hunt for the unattainable…perfection. BREAKING POINTE is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Executive producers for BBC Worldwide Productions are Izzie Pick Ashcroft (“Dancing with the Stars”) and Jane Tranter (“Top Gear," “Dancing with the Stars,” "Torchwood").
    Season 2 trailer. July 29 na siya ipapalabas. :D
    Anyone following Breaking Pointe this season? Loving Season 2 so far so good kaso nabibitin ako. Too bad mukhang wala pang cable net dito ang nag-eere nito sa ngayon at iyung kasabayan pa niya last year na The Catalina, ineere ngayon sa ETC.

Grabe, kinilig ako kanina lang kasi napansin nina Allsion deBona at Beckanne Sisk (stars of the show) iyung tweets ko tungkol sa show. :D
  • I love this show! Beckanne is such a beautiful dancer! After watching every episode, I have to Google other ballet dancers! :lol:
    Nakakainis lang si Zach. Tinanggap siya bilang apprentice sa main company over Ian. Drama queen much?
  • j5bata wrote: »
    Anyone following Breaking Pointe this season? Loving Season 2 so far so good kaso nabibitin ako. Too bad mukhang wala pang cable net dito ang nag-eere nito sa ngayon at iyung kasabayan pa niya last year na The Catalina, ineere ngayon sa ETC.

Grabe, kinilig ako kanina lang kasi napansin nina Allsion deBona at Beckanne Sisk (stars of the show) iyung tweets ko tungkol sa show. :D

What did Alison and Beckanne say regarding your tweets? I'm curious!
    Finave tweet nila iyung mga tweets kosa mga reactions ko nung last episode. Si Allison lang iyung nagrespond. Sabi niya:
    RT @allidebona: xoxo

Pero todo hirit iyung kung sino may hawak ng Twitter account ng Ballet West. I even suggest they go here for an overseas tour, at mukhang kinokinsidera nga. Sana nga. :D
    It's season finale time!
    Wow, grabe! Such an amazing finish for Season 2. If Breaking Pointe ends up getting cancelled, at least they ended the show on a somewhat good note.

I feel bad though for Chris and Christiana. Obviously daming stuff na ayaw nila ipaalam but whatever footage there is to show, kitang kita ang lakas ng tensyon sa kanilang dalawa. Sayang at nauwi lang sa divroce ang samahan nila. :(
    Sayang. But I kinda saw it coming especially with how Season 2 wrapped up with those cheesy afterword stuff that aired in the final scenes.

Saddest highlight of the last season was the breakdown of Christiana's marriage with Chris. Grabe sa lungkot, kahit hindi dinivulge ni Christiana iyung anong nangyayari talaga sa home life niya at ng asawa niya.

I just wish Ballet West can tour here in Manila so I could watch them perform. :)