Home PEx Lifestyle Body and Fitness

Post your current routine, diet and stats here.

I'll start.

I started 10 months ago with Starting Strength. I didn't read the book, actually. But I followed the linear progression which was the idea of the routine. After I stalled 2 times, I switched to a push/pull routine and did it for 3 months. I am now doing Madcow 5x5 with high fat/protein and low carb diet.

180lbs. 5'7
5 RMs
Squats: 280lbs
DL: 300lbs
Bench Press: 170lbs
OHPress: 100lbs

Madcow 5x5 gave me great strength gains even if I was cutting.

Share yours!

Comments

• Resumed training in April of this year after several months off. Still on a 3x5 linear progression (plus some extra volume and assistance work) and have yet to stall. I've surpassed my previous SQ/DL training maxes by around 10lbs already, except for the OHP.

BW: 140lbs 5'4" (manlet status, yo)
    5RMs:
    Squat: 235
    DL: 260 (this feels quite light)
    Bench: 140 (this feels heavy) :(
    OHP: 110
    Chins: BW+30

Diet is nothing special, although I try to eat as much animal protein as possible and take several servings of whey on top of that. Carbs are low-moderate, probably 1 cup rice for a whole day.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Moderator
    haven't tested my lifts in a month

I'm about 5'6-5'7 ranging from 148-152

my last tries
    squat 330
    bench 225
    deadlift 365
    pistol 32kg
    one arm press 32kg

as of now, I'm jut eating sensibly (minimizing processed foods and sweets)

focus right now is the RKC so I do more kettlebell lifts but still do the big 3 and olympic lifts to maintain my groove
  • Resumed training in April of this year after several months off. Still on a 3x5 linear progression (plus some extra volume and assistance work) and have yet to stall. I've surpassed my previous SQ/DL training maxes by around 10lbs already, except for the OHP.

BW: 140lbs 5'4" (manlet status, yo)
    5RMs:
    Squat: 235
    DL: 260 (this feels quite light)
    Bench: 140 (this feels heavy) :(
    OHP: 110
    Chins: BW+30

Diet is nothing special, although I try to eat as much animal protein as possible and take several servings of whey on top of that. Carbs are low-moderate, probably 1 cup rice for a whole day.

mirin weight to lifts ratio. you're benching bw! took me months to reach almost bw bench.
  • blakedaddy wrote: »
    haven't tested my lifts in a month

I'm about 5'6-5'7 ranging from 148-152

my last tries
    squat 330
    bench 225
    deadlift 365
    pistol 32kg
    one arm press 32kg

as of now, I'm jut eating sensibly (minimizing processed foods and sweets)

focus right now is the RKC so I do more kettlebell lifts but still do the big 3 and olympic lifts to maintain my groove

how long have you been lifting? you're almost at the 1000lbs total on all big 3.
    ^ on and off for about 12 years now.
  • Hi. I'm a girl and I just started to be a tad active recently. My routine is not as intense as yours and I do not know if my post even belongs here...

Stats:

160 cm
    105 lbs

Diet:

Low cal (I'm limiting my daily intake to 1000 cal)

Routine:

I almost always stick to suspension training and ball exercises.

cable row
    bicep curl
    push up
    suspended lunge
    hamstring curl
    ball crunch
    ball squat
    ball hip abduction & adduction

and then Zumba to complete my workout :)
  • @Sabrina
    Isnt 1000kcal too low? your weight is pretty ok with your height IMO you shuold just maintain at 1500 as not to lose anymore weight.

Anyhoo

Been Training for 4 years but first 2 years was "fckarounditis"
    Been training with SS for 6months then 5/3/1 for 1 1/2 months
    Height 5'9, Weight 155lbs
    Lifts
    MP: 135
    BP: 185
    DL: 280
    SQuat: 230

Eating something at 2400 calories or so.. no diet plan just avoiding fast food process food etc.
  • 5'10" 180lbs
    6 years. Been serious for the last 2 and been going for high volume because.... I just feel like doing it.

Bench - 225
    DL - 310
    Box Squats - 230 (3-4 inches below the knee)
    Chins/pull ups - BW 3X8
    M Press - 120

For 3 mos I've been trying to eat as clean as possible.
    Taking in:
    About 300+ g of protein.
    Less than 200 for carbs.
    Minimum fat as possible.

AND .. I drink zero calorie sodas at least 2 times a week for sanity.

@blake: dont you think your numbers would do good in a local PL meet given you can go down to 140-145?
    I did a meet in 07 and managed to place. let me get my other priorities out of the way first then I'll perhaps cosider doing another meet
  • 5'6 145lbs

based on my 5RMs:

bench: 125lbs
    deadlift: 230lbs
    military press: 90lbs
    squat: 210lbs

been on-off with SS for almost a year now. stalled with everything for a month now. so i switched to 5/3/1

targeting to bench 180lbs and MP 120lbs in 8 weeks with 5/3/1

on a balanced and clean diet -- focusing on complex carbs.
  • vprojectvproject PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Started again going to the gym after 2 months off...now in Gold's Glorieta (sponsored kasi ng company). Did 3x5's this morning just to get the old blood moving again.

Height: 5'9 Weight: 230 lbs

Squats - 135 lbs
    Bench - 135 lbs
    Deadlifts - 155 lbs

I know the squats could have been higher but I didn't want to strain too much on the 1st day.

10 mins cardio before and after lifting.

Target: To go down to 170-180 lbs by the end of the year.

Diet: Cutting down on fast foods and soda. >_<
  • who is aware?
  • Here's mine, been doing SL 5x5 for almost 2 months now. Diet not that consistent but i dont eat proccessed foods and drink only water. moderate CAL about 2500 high protein atleast 150 and low CARBS around 100-120 per day...

150lbs. 5'7
    5 RMs
    Squats: 140lbs
    DL: 180lbs
    Bench Press: 130lbs
    OHPress: 80lbs
  • been lifting for 6months, goal is to bulk up

height: 5'5 weight 145lbs

major lifts: 5RMs

squat-185lbs
    deadlift-200lbs
    benchpress-150lbs
    barbell row-140lbs
    military press-100lbs
  • AteoAteo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I will post the actual weights I used later as they are not very impressive, hehehe.

But here are my routines. Mixed workouts -- upper body strength and arms one day and then lower body strength and legs the next day. I warm up with cardio. But sometimes I use up the whole session just for cardio. I work out 6 days a week. The gym sometimes have free sessions of yoga, stretching or similar thingies. I join them from time to time.

I used to be a vegan but I stopped it when I did it wrongly and I got Vit. B deficiency. Now, I have multi-vit supplement but in moderate doses, not high at all. My diet is normal and varied, with minimum of five servings a day of vegetables or fruits. I normally have a vegetable salad with vinaigrette every day. I have banana and oatmeal for breakfast.

I used to work and party very hard and end up sleeping 5-6 hours only. For the past 3 weeks now, I sleep 7 hours minimum by sleeping early. I feel great. I never use the alarm clock anymore as I wake up naturally.

I have long rides of my bikes one day each weekend. I have been riding for the past 3 years.

In summary, I am trying to have regular cardio, strength and stretching exercise. I try to sleep early (11pm) and get at least 7 hours of sleep. And I consciously have veges and fruits in my diet. I also try stress management such as yoga or biking, etc when I can.
    Lifts for today - 6/18/12

Squats - 3x5 155lbs
    Bench - 3x5 145 lbs
    Deadlifts - 1x5 165 lbs
  • Lifting at almost 3 months at Eclipse. I'm 5'6 at 135 lbs.

Doing the 5x5:

Bench Press: 120 lbs
    Squats: 130 lbs
    Deadlifts: 225 lbs
    Military Press: 105 lbs

Diet: 5 eggs for breakfast; burgers or chicken for lunch; 4 eggs and a can of tuna for dinner. Taking multi vitamins as supplement. Not yet taking in whey.

Cardio is non-existent lol. I play basketball at least once a week and trying to run on weekends.
  • infiniti23 wrote: »
    Lifting at almost 3 months at Eclipse. I'm 5'6 at 135 lbs.

Doing the 5x5:

Bench Press: 120 lbs
    Squats: 130 lbs
    Deadlifts: 225 lbs
    Military Press: 105 lbs

Diet: 5 eggs for breakfast; burgers or chicken for lunch; 4 eggs and a can of tuna for dinner. Taking multi vitamins as supplement. Not yet taking in whey.

Cardio is non-existent lol. I play basketball at least once a week and trying to run on weekends.

you don't need cardio if you're playing basketball once a week, and @ your height, i think you still need to gain weight. =)
    Lifts for today:

Squats: 3x5 - 165 lbs
    MP - 3x5 - 70 lbs
    Rows - 3x5 - 115 lbs