Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

I was recently diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

Prior to my May 4 visit with an ENT I was experiencing frequent dizziness or vertigo. Eventually, the symptoms made me nauseous and experiencing headache as well as fatigue, thus, I decided to go to an ENT. The ENT prescribed initially 1 week of anti-histamine (since I have periodical allergic rhinitis), anti-vertigo at pain reliever and also referral to an ophthalmologist.

Sabi ng ophtha wala naman problem sa mata ko and possibly sa ears. The ophtha asked me if I am doing some sports. I started running 3x a week last March (almost 2 months before I experience first symptoms). Ophtha said increase fluid intake baka nadehydrate lang ako ang follow the prescription of my ENT. Anyway, I decided to stop sports activity muna.

After a week nabawasan vertigo but generally same feeling. In fact, nadagdagan na din ng left ear pressure pain symptoms ko. So nag follow-up check up ako sa ENT. He subjected me to audiometry and ear-pressure tests. Eventually, prognosis was Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. I was prescribed with Avamys Nasal Spray w/c I started last May 19.

After more than a week in Avamys nawala na headache, nabawasan frequency ng dizziness, ear pressure pain and had some days of good sleep. Slowly I tried light running. Now, on my 3rd week in Avamys napansin ko parang lutang ulo ko at off balance (sort of mild dizziness) all the time w/ periodical fatigue.

I'm not sure if the sore throat symptoms or cold temperature in my office or sports activity aggravating my ETD. I stop sports activity na muna. Sore throat symptoms is gone. But off balance and head fullness nandun pa din.

Is it really sports activity? Or possibly w/ my intolerance sa cold temperature something to do w/ ETD problem? Lamigin kasi ako. Or this is simply due to my evolving allergy. Should I go back to my ENT or tuloy ko muna Avamys until 4 weeks? Or is it time to visit an Allergologist?

I'm worried and frustrated. Wala kasi ako energy to play w/ my daughter pag ganito. Any success story on dealing with ETD?

I am 38yo male, 150lbs.

Comments

• jspydrejjspydrej Member PExer
    sir ask ko lang po kamusta po yung ETD nyo, kasi ganyan din po ata yung diagnose ng ENT doctor sakin, tapos may tinnitus rin ako, kayo meron din po bang tinnitus? then pinapag chewing gum nya ako then may exercise syang pinagawa sakin to equalize the pressure. then pina pag gain nya ako ng weight.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file