Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

A&E's Longmire

promo.jpg

“Longmire,” a contemporary crime thriller set in Big Sky country, is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

The series stars Australian actor Robert Taylor (The Matrix) as Walt Longmire, the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, along with Katee Sackhoff (“Battlestar Gallactica”), Lou Diamond Phillips (“Numb3rs”), Bailey Chase (“Damages”), Cassidy Freeman (“Smallville”) and newcomer Adam Bartley.

Widowed only a year, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. Struggling since his wife’s death and at the urging of his daughter, Cady (Freeman), Longmire knows that the time has come to turn his life around. With the help of Vic (Sackhoff), a female deputy new to the department, he becomes reinvigorated about his job and committed to running for re-election. When Branch (Chase), an ambitious, young deputy decides to run against him for sheriff, Longmire feels betrayed but remains steadfast in his dedication to the community. Longmire often turns to close friend and confidant Henry Standing Bear (Diamond Phillips) for support as he sets out to rebuild both his personal and professional life, one step at a time.

“Longmire” is produced by The Shephard/Robin Company in association with Warner Horizon Television. Hunt Baldwin (“The Closer,” “Trust Me”) and John Coveny (“The Closer,” “Trust Me”) wrote the pilot and serve as executive producers along with Greer Shephard (“The Closer,” “Nip/Tuck”) and Michael M. Robin (“The Closer,” “Nip/Tuck”). Christopher Chulack (“Southland,” “ER”) served as director and executive producer of the pilot.

Comments

• Here's the Series Trailer.
  • The show premieres tonight 3 June 2012.

After the Season 3 premiere of The Glades! :)
  • Just finished watching the series premiere. :)

Good acting and good storyline! Definitely going to watch next week's episode.

Katee Sackhoff! :love:
  • Jonny wrote: »
    Just finished watching the series premiere. :)

Good acting and good storyline! Definitely going to watch next week's episode.

Katee Sackhoff! :love:

Just finished downloading. Na-miss ko si Katee from her psycho-ish role sa "24" *okay*

Nababasa ko sa net ang raming me ayaw sa kanya, ako naman gustong-gusto ko siyang umarte, kahit sa Bionic Woman
  • I think the subplot of Branch running against Longmire for Sheriff of the County will be an interesting one. I hope the writers make it a little comedic like when Longmire saw the billboard. That was one of those funny moments in the pilot episode! :glee:
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Jonny wrote: »
    http://www.aetv.com/longmire/images/about/promo.jpg

“Longmire,” a contemporary crime thriller set in Big Sky country, is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

The series stars Australian actor Robert Taylor (The Matrix) as Walt Longmire, the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, along with Katee Sackhoff (“Battlestar Gallactica”), Lou Diamond Phillips (“Numb3rs”), Bailey Chase (“Damages”), Cassidy Freeman (“Smallville”) and newcomer Adam Bartley.

Widowed only a year, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. Struggling since his wife’s death and at the urging of his daughter, Cady (Freeman), Longmire knows that the time has come to turn his life around. With the help of Vic (Sackhoff), a female deputy new to the department, he becomes reinvigorated about his job and committed to running for re-election. When Branch (Chase), an ambitious, young deputy decides to run against him for sheriff, Longmire feels betrayed but remains steadfast in his dedication to the community. Longmire often turns to close friend and confidant Henry Standing Bear (Diamond Phillips) for support as he sets out to rebuild both his personal and professional life, one step at a time.

“Longmire” is produced by The Shephard/Robin Company in association with Warner Horizon Television. Hunt Baldwin (“The Closer,” “Trust Me”) and John Coveny (“The Closer,” “Trust Me”) wrote the pilot and serve as executive producers along with Greer Shephard (“The Closer,” “Nip/Tuck”) and Michael M. Robin (“The Closer,” “Nip/Tuck”). Christopher Chulack (“Southland,” “ER”) served as director and executive producer of the pilot.

Not another Aussie leading man! First you get Alex O'Loughlin in Hawaii Five-O (201+), now him? Aren't there anymore American actors capable of playing rugged American leading men - or are they just content playing comic schlubs and slackers in thirty-minute sitcoms? Won't Hollywood put up its dukes and combat that shortage of true-blue Yankee small-screen machismo?
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Any good?
    Not into western/country stuff but... Katee Sackhoff!!!
  • JonnyJonny PExer
    CaRaMBa wrote: »
    Any good?
    Not into western/country stuff but... Katee Sackhoff!!!

It's good. It's not really that western in my opinion. Although, there are Cowboys and Indians! :lol:

Season 2 premiered last night. :)
  • JonnyJonny PExer
    QT II wrote: »
    Not another Aussie leading man! First you get Alex O'Loughlin in Hawaii Five-O (201+), now him? Aren't there anymore American actors capable of playing rugged American leading men - or are they just content playing comic schlubs and slackers in thirty-minute sitcoms? Won't Hollywood put up its dukes and combat that shortage of true-blue Yankee small-screen machismo?

The problem is that American actors/actresses don't go to Acting school. The ones that went to schools are the ones that YOU are seeing now and there's not a lot of them to go around.
  • DAKINDAKIN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'll watch the Season 1 Pilot tonight.
    I'm curious about this.

Season 4 will air on NetFlix soon.
  • DAKINDAKIN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    The camera loves to play with Robert Taylor's flaccid tumescence. Ha ha

The songs are giving me chills. They are congruous to the scenes.

Kabayan Lou Diamond Philipps is here.
    Nice to see him portraying an American/Indian. He does look the part.

I like the first case. It's really unpredictable.

So Longmire is just another crime drama set in the world of cowboys and Indians. A modern Western drama.

It's OK for me but not so excited to finish the whole series immediately.
    It's just a fine series to dawdle.
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Season 4 trailer: