FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

100 percent passing - cpa board exam may 2012

For may 2012 40 dlsu alumni pass the cpa board exam. Only 40 took the test and all made it.

This is the 3rd time sa last 3 years that we have a 100 percent passing rate. From a 78 passing rate in may 2009 to a 100 percent passing rate in may 2012, Congratulations.

May 2009 58/74. 78 percent passing
Oct 2009 22/26. 85 percent passing
May 2010 63/64. 98 percent passing
Oct 2010 30/30. 100 percent passing rate
May 2011 30/30. 100 percent passing rate
Oct 2011 29/30. 97 percent passing rate
May 2012 40/40 100percent passing rate

Comments

• placid_08placid_08 Member PExer
    Congrats to the new Lasallian CPAs!

Animo La Salle!
  • nicolas2563nicolas2563 Member PExer
    Haaay... 100% Passing nga.. ang konti lang din naman nag ta-take..
  • ChaosMohawkChaosMohawk Member PExer
    What do you prefer then? Quality, or quantity?
  • pristonpikerpristonpiker Agent10♠J♠Q♠K♠A♠ ✭✭

Okay lang yan, ibig sabihin mahirap talaga ang accounting sa dlsu :D

at tsaka ganoon talaga pag may pinangangalagaan na passing percentage, nagkikick out ng marami :glee:
  • dashingdevonairdashingdevonair Member PExer
    Next objective for DLSU is to increase the number of takers while maintaing a high passing rate kahit hindi 100%. If they can increase the number of takers to a total of 100-120 including the Oct takers and maintain an 80% to 90% passing rate, I'd prefer it more than a 100% passing rate with 40 takers :)

Any school can kick out enough students and get a 100% passing rate but it would take a good school to retain at least half of the freshmen and still get a high passing rate :)
  • venndvennd filipino PExer
    La salle graduates between 70 to 90 bsa students per year. Maski noong 90's pa. Last year 2011, 59 of 60 ang pumasa sa may and october exams or 98 percent.

This year it is expected that another 40 students will take the board in october based sa gragraduate in june 2012. So that will be a total of 80 students and it is within the average which la salle graduates each year.

Even UP Diliman, the other excellent accounting school only graduates between 70 to 90 per year.

We are doing good as compared to up for the last 3 years.
  • rationalrational Member ✭✭✭
    Next objective for DLSU is to increase the number of takers while maintaing a high passing rate kahit hindi 100%. If they can increase the number of takers to a total of 100-120 including the Oct takers and maintain an 80% to 90% passing rate, I'd prefer it more than a 100% passing rate with 40 takers :)

Any school can kick out enough students and get a 100% passing rate but it would take a good school to retain at least half of the freshmen and still get a high passing rate :)

Sorry but I disagree. This is the path to mediocrity. We need to increase to 120 takers and have a 100% passing rate. Anything below 100% means that people have passed the course but did not really deserve to pass.
    The school has to aim for a 100% annual passing rate, but just like the bar exams, it's highly unlikely even for a good school with more than a hundred examinees. 90+% would be considered excellent already with 120 passers but of course there's no one stopping DLSU to get a 100% passing rate even with 120 students :)
  • charlie_90charlie_90 Freewill PExer
    rational wrote: »
    Sorry but I disagree. This is the path to mediocrity. We need to increase to 120 takers and have a 100% passing rate. Anything below 100% means that people have passed the course but did not really deserve to pass.

Mediocrity? In what basis? I would like to remind you Lasalle's goal was never about how many students it produces but the excellent standard they will provide. Again it's not about the QUANTITY it's the QUALITY of students that people look at.
    You read his post without the proper context :)
  • smarter_21smarter_21 Member PExer
    I think what some people in this thread are suggesting about DLSU increasing the number of takers of the board exam to 120 and still managing a 100% passing rate is infeasible. Why?

While DLSU accepts more than 120 BSA students per year, we have to note that the BSA program has very stringent policies which make sure that ONLY the best students finish the program. Not only are BSA majors required to pass the hard qualifying exam to be able to take major Accounting courses, they will also be kicked out of the program the moment they fail (read: get a mark below 2.0 or 83) in a major subject (law subjects included). And this is not to say that the quality of freshmen DLSU accepts are mediocre. It's really just that not a lot of students can hurdle DLSU's BSA program, and I'd rather keep it that way. Quality over quantity.

Even UP BAA, which is arguably the most selective Accounting program in the country, can't produce a hundred graduates who are ready to take the CPA Board Exam every year; and again, it's because of the difficulty of the program.
  • bgkingsbgkings Member ✭✭✭
    I'm an accountancy graduate from DLSU and I can say that we got quality students but not quality professors..

I based my opinion comparing my profs at DLSU and the profs from the review center..
  • rationalrational Member ✭✭✭
    smarter_21 wrote: »
    I think what some people in this thread are suggesting about DLSU increasing the number of takers of the board exam to 120 and still managing a 100% passing rate is infeasible. Why?

While DLSU accepts more than 120 BSA students per year, we have to note that the BSA program has very stringent policies which make sure that ONLY the best students finish the program. Not only are BSA majors required to pass the hard qualifying exam to be able to take major Accounting courses, they will also be kicked out of the program the moment they fail (read: get a mark below 2.0 or 83) in a major subject (law subjects included). And this is not to say that the quality of freshmen DLSU accepts are mediocre. It's really just that not a lot of students can hurdle DLSU's BSA program, and I'd rather keep it that way. Quality over quantity.

Even UP BAA, which is arguably the most selective Accounting program in the country, can't produce a hundred graduates who are ready to take the CPA Board Exam every year; and again, it's because of the difficulty of the program.

Oh, we can debate about how many we can actually graduate. My point was that any suggestion that graduating more while accepting a lower than 100% passing ratte is not only a path to mediocrity but also a disservice to the students who got the degree but were unable to pass the board exam.
  • Tomas_SantosTomas_Santos Banned by Admin PExer
    I believe kaya ng DLSU to increase the number of takers without harming the passing rates that much.

I mean UST has done this in its Medicine and Accountancy programs. Bakit not DLSU?
  • fortherecordfortherecord You Are A Tourist PExer
    smarter_21 wrote: »

Sorry for butting in. Just to clarify: UP CBA produced 114 BS BAA grads for S.Y. 2011-2012 (source); so expect more than one hundred UP examinees come October 2012 CPA licensure examination.

On topic:

My observation: DLSU noticeably hiked its passing rate in the biannual CPA licensure exams starting May 2010, but the number of the school's topnotchers and exam takers significantly dropped.
    UP has less than 100 examinies per year (as early as 2006) . This will be the first time that UP will have more than 100 students taking the board. Is it because not all graduates take the examination (CPA) so that is why the every year less than 100 take the board ? Or is it this year that UP increased its graduates to more than 100 ?

We will see in a few months. In 2006, 66 took th exam, in 2007 37 took it. In 2010, 87 took it and is the highest number of takers since 2006.

In 2011, UP has a 100 % passing for both May and October board. All the other years UP's passing is between 94 % and 99 %.

Historical UP BAA takers and passsers since 2006.

PASS TOTAL % PASSING
    May 2006 8 11 72.73%
    October 2006 54 55 98.18%

2006 62 66 93.94%

May 2007 5 5 100.00%
    October 2007 32 33 96.97%

2007 37 38 97.37%

May 2008 3 4 75.00%
    October 2008 40 40 100.00%

2008 43 44 97.73%

May 2009 0 1 0.00%
    October 2009 64 66 96.97%

2009 64 67 95.52%

May 2010 2 2 100.00%
    October 2010 84 85 98.82%

2010 86 87 98.85%

May 2011 5 5 100.00%
    October 2011 74 74 100.00%

2011 79 79 100.00%
  • LimerLimer Member

Are you kidding? Similar to UP, DLSU has a relatively small population compared to other universities. This explains why UP and DLSU have few CPA board takers compared to UST that has 120+. Nevertheless, UP and DLSU products get special treatment in the professional world.
  • AccIdPExAccIdPEx Harmony–Seeking Idealist PExer
    Paano ba natutunan yung pagsasalita nila? :geek:

Anyway, okay naman kung konti ang nagta-take kasi konti ang nagiging CPA, madaming trabaho para sa mga katulad ko. :lol:

Trabaho talaga..base kaya yun sa experience kung paano ka magisip. 'Yung iba, nagaaral para magkatrabaho, yung iba naman, nagaaral para gumawa ng trabaho. :blowsmoke:
    There are about 40 DLSU BSA graduates this June. Let us see in October if they will all take the board and pass.
  • 1061948810619488 Member PExer
    Congrats to fellow lasallians who made it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file