Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

monogamy

my girlfriend and i were having this discussion last night. turns out that her ex-boyfriend from manila is now an artista :vomit:. that got us talking about artistas. i went, "if this really handsome actor strips down naked in front of you, will you do him?" she was like, "not even. in the first place, i will never put myself in a situation wherein i might be tempted."

got me thinking tuloy. are there really people who are monogamists by nature? or do some people simply do a better job NOT putting themselves in a compromising position (no pun intended) than others?

speak up.

Comments

• hmmmmmmmm

Methinks there are a lot of factors involved.

Monogamy is easily achieved if one is satisfied in ones relationship/sexual relations.

but, if there is dis-satisfaction then it would be easier to drift and get attracted to other people!

I guess the nature of being dis-satisfied with what one has would be the driver of poligamy.

By gosh, I know I have driven droves of women to cheat on me by being such a jerk @ss boy friend! bwahahahhahahahaha

Also, it so PC to say, "I would not even put myself in that position". Humans will always be dis-satisfied; and will get with people that are better than their current partner's. :glee:
  • hello, cong!

my two cents' worth: I think that some people are really monogamists by nature, while some are born wanting more than they can ever have.

I've met and been in relationships with both types of people. I think, as opposed to the previous post, that satisfaction is not an external factor...you cannot actually say that someone has driven you to do something. In life, we make our own choices.

As to the "I would never place myself in a situation..." statement, it's not possible. Situations will find you, so don't use the omnipotent word "never". But some people are actually immune to temptation.
  • men (and women) by nature are polygamous.....of course i wish this is untrue......but based on experience......IT IS OH SO TRUE.

you're darn lucky if you find a monogamous partner.....but the lingering question is......will you be monogamous.....or are you at least willing.....to be monogamous that is.:D
  • i don't really think there are people who lean on either end. People are born with the weakness of being human, which entitles them to choices and decision-making turned wrong. Sometimes people just aren't presented the chance to stray from a relationship, or perhaps they are, but do not have the balls to inspite of their desire to.
    Situations like that of course don't come that often, which means people would either think a little harder before jumping in or jump in without thinking.
    I would personally do the actor and keep it to myself, no harm done to current boyfriend. And this comes from someone who is a hopeless romantic. What i'm saying is, there's no sure way to label someone mono or poly. Sometimes you take risks, sometimes you don't. It's a matter of timing ( say,you just had the biggest fight or you just had a sex marathon ) , security in the relationship ( you're jealous of an ex so use this as a way to feel better by hurting him back ) morals ( were raised to believe in certain things such as eternal love and the honouring of marriage and commitments ) and etc.etc.
  • thanks.

anybody else?
  • monogamy? in this day and age? :toofunny:

unfortunately, it's a rare virtue to stay monogamous.:evil_lol:
  • Originally posted by angel_ako
    monogamy? in this day and age? :toofunny:

ah, hija, you didnt answer my question. ;)
  • Originally posted by angel_ako
    monogamy? in this day and age? :toofunny:

i beg to disagree.

monogamy, as i understand, is having a single partner at a given period of time. definitely, it is very different to having multiple partners in succession. :hmm:

i'm a bit traditional and would like to think that, still, majority of us are monogamous. even in this day and age. although i must admit that many had had different partners in their life, but that, i guess, is another story. tama ba? :redsmile:
  • are there really people who are monogamists by nature? or do some people simply do a better job NOT putting themselves in a compromising position than others?

to answer my own question, how about this, part of being a monogamist is not putting yourself in a position wherein youll be tempted. wouldnt you say?

are there really people who wont take advantage when an opportunity presents itself? hypothetically, if a person youve been fantasizing about suddenly rips his/her clothes, wouldnt you do something it?
  • Originally posted by cong

are there really people who wont take advantage when an opportunity presents itself? hypothetically, if a person youve been fantasizing about suddenly rips his/her clothes, wouldnt you do something it?

hi cong...

you'll be surprised that there are still some people left, i mean committed people, who would do otherwise.
  • Originally posted by joboy

hi cong...

you'll be surprised that there are still some people left, i mean committed people, who would do otherwise.

okay. thanks.
  • Originally posted by cong

ah, hija, you didnt answer my question. ;)

sowi...ok i'll try to answer ur question. anyways, i think there's no such thing as being monogamous or being polygamous by nature. it all comes down to the person...i know it is a cliche but it's true.
    it is a DECISION to stay monogamous. it is a CHOICE. one should not whine and say, "im sorry kc im by nature polygamous e". everything we do is a choice :D
  • *bump thread*