Ateneo MVT and WVT: One Big Fight! (Thread III)

Untitled.png

In which we discuss anything and everything related to the Ateneo Blue Spikers and Lady Eagles!

Photo from fyeahladyeagles.tumblr.com

Comments

• baitianyaobaitianyao Member PExer
    Congrats to our Ladies for winning their first game against FEU in 4 sets.

Dzi is the POG!

Congratulations Lady Eagles! One Big Fight!
  • dugongasuldugongasul locos parentis
    Congrats Sa New Thread Fellow Fanatic!!!!

Good Job Lady Eagles For Winning The First Assignment!

Fantastic Dzi For Being The Pog!

Great Job Lady Eagles!

Obf!!!
  • QUBEQUBE Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Wow, new house!

Congrats Lady Eagles!

OBF!
  • ateneo7ateneo7 Member PExer
  • aleatoricwriteraleatoricwriter uh-huh 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    They played pretty well, yesterday, except in the third set, where they relaxed and started committing a lot of reception errors. Ironically, they committed more unforced errors in the sets they won. They just collapsed in the 3rd.

Some comments:

Dzi - really improved on her blocking. Plus, she has so much swag lol. Attacks and digging - good enough. Jump serve? Flawless. She really practiced her serve during training.
    Fille - killed FEU in the latter sets. Her jump serve is kind of "soft", but effective, nonetheless? She had one ace, I think. Maybe she should just revert to the standard serve, but if she decides to still go with the jumpserve, it's fine.
    Alyssa - Did well in almost all departments. She didn't have any blocks, though. Areerat gets dumbfounded everytime she hammers that down-the-line attack of hers. :lol:
    Gretchen - I wasn't able to feel her yesterday. So out of sync with the setter. :lol:
    phee Nok - Wasn't that explosive except for a couple of blocks against Vargas and Areerat. Her reach is just impressive. She still needs to practice with Jem, though, the sets given to her were too low. And Jem needs to give her more running sets, sure point, eh. :D But I'm glad she didn't play that much yesterday, at least she still got to rest a bit.
    Denden - Played well, but it's kind of obvious that she's still favouring that right forearm of hers. Good thing Bea Tan was there to sub for her.
  • ^ nice analysis. did you watch live? everyone seems to be commenting on sanorseang's reaction whenever alyssa and dzi hit the ball. but i wasn't seeing any of that in the livestream.

if i may add, dzi played a great all-around game yesterday! as how a utility should be. ang gaganda ng sets niya rin. and the reason i think why her blocking became really good is due largely to the presence of kesinee in the middle position. of course between the two, mas pipiliin na padaanin ang bola sa mas maliit, but fortunately dzi did not disappoint. and those single blocks!!! hnggg.

lakas makahatak ng self confidence si kesinee.

jem needs to polish her sets to the middle. mukhang nasanay lang sa pagbato sa wings lang. nonetheless, i think she did a great job in distributing the plays. that way alyssa didn't have to work as much dahil nga, may kesinee at gervacio sa unahan.

tumblr_m30803CEvL1rt1yolo1_500.jpg
  • peppermint2peppermint2 i'm a UAAP fan ✭✭✭
    Saw Dzi yesterday walkway Ayala-Greenbelt loop. Gulat lang when I saw her. Looking HOT with red shades... BURN...
    Wanted to say congrats sa POG but was too starstruck hahaha
  • aleatoricwriteraleatoricwriter uh-huh 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    ^ nice analysis. did you watch live? everyone seems to be commenting on sanorseang's reaction whenever alyssa and dzi hit the ball. but i wasn't seeing any of that in the livestream.

if i may add, dzi played a great all-around game yesterday! as how a utility should be. ang gaganda ng sets niya rin. and the reason i think why her blocking became really good is due largely to the presence of kesinee in the middle position. of course between the two, mas pipiliin na padaanin ang bola sa mas maliit, but fortunately dzi did not disappoint. and those single blocks!!! hnggg.

lakas makahatak ng self confidence si kesinee.

jem needs to polish her sets to the middle. mukhang nasanay lang sa pagbato sa wings lang. nonetheless, i think she did a great job in distributing the plays. that way alyssa didn't have to work as much dahil nga, may kesinee at gervacio sa unahan.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m30803CEvL1rt1yolo1_500.jpg

:lol: :lol: that's similar to our reaction whenever Dzi scores via a solid block. So much UNFFFF. Yeah, I was there.

Yup, Jem really needs to practice with her middle spikers, and to defend the floor better. Ironically, Alyssa was solid on her floor D last Tuesday, as opposed to Jem who kept on missing out on easy digs. Maybe she's too pre-occupied with chasing the second ball.

Leadership is what Kesinee brings to the table. I mean, look, she doesn't have to score that much as long as she motivates the team to do well. She just sets the mood. Same with Dzi, I have never seen her this confident before.

I hope they win convincingly on Sunday. NU's a lot taller than them, and Dindin just got better, so they must prepare well.

p.s. Braces-free Dzi looks 10x more pretty. :D
    p.p.s Are you the one who owns that Lady Eagles Tumblr?
  • @alea pasagot naman tanong ko. bakit wala sa line-up si Sarah Cruz and Amy Ahomiro? injured pa rin ba si Amy?
  • i_am_wat_i_ami_am_wat_i_am Banned by Admin PExer
    ^^
    yung line up nila ngayon is yung line-up nila dapat sa mother league nila...which is UAAP. wala si amy kasi wala siya sa line-up last year.

s.cruz went back to Davao. Bumagsak siya sa ADMU eh.
  • ^^
    yung line up nila ngayon is yung line-up nila dapat sa mother league nila...which is UAAP. wala si amy kasi wala siya sa line-up last year.

so di na siya maglalaro ever?! :( that's sad. di ko pa naman nakita siya maglaro talaga.
  • baludoybaludoy Nag me-meron ✭✭✭✭

another qpi casualty. that's sad to hear :(
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY to former [highlight]Lady Eagle #5 Maria Carmina Denise "Kara" Acevedo[/highlight]

168295_155473264502698_105019002881458_361525_2729116_n.jpg

photo credits to: http://www.goateneo.com

have a good one.

:bday: *party* :blow: :cake: :bdayblow: *partysmiley*
  • nonbashernonbasher Member PExer
    happy b-day Kara.:)
    kakamiss galaw niya sa court.

totoo ba yung kay sarah? kakalungkot naman.di ko pa siya nakita maglaro.:(
  • nonbashernonbasher Member PExer
    congrats LE and Fille!

OT ang lakas ng backrow hit ni DINDIN.
    I'm just gonna be honest this time around. Are you guys really impressed with their wins kasi ako hindi. ITS SLOPPY. I know they just recently had their training pero that's no excuse. They knew before hand that they were gonna join SVL so if there was no team practice dapat individually nag effort sila to train by themselves. Nawala na naman ang DEDICATION sa laro. tsk tsk. petiks mode again.

I don't think they will have a chance with NU in UAAP if they stick to the same format/players that they have. We won today simply because we had Kesinee. Unless we have someone who can fill in the same role that Kesinee brings I doubt we can win the big trophy.

I want a new setter. Sorry Jem as much as I love and like you (favorite kita I swear) I don't see the hunger in your eyes anymore. Parang you don't want to lead this team na. anyare sa iyo???

Alyssa I want you to co-lead this team. Do not be too humble with your game. UNLEASH mo na yung POWER mo. And if mali yung senior players mo, do not afraid to speak out. Don't hold back anymore.

I really hope the rookies whoever they might be are really FIERCE MIDDLE PLAYERS. Kahit umupo na si Nacachi and Ho. Gretchen for some reason is back to her old form. Nawala ang galit sa laro. ka bad trip panoorin. I wanted her back kasi ang ganda ng attitude niya last season ng UAAP but now pa-cute na naman uli.

Fille is steady but nawala yung leadership factor. Dzi naman is so-so. Hesitant to lead.

I'm hoping si Tajima ay nagpapractice ng todo-todo. Watch DinDin Santiago and learn how she plays para you can help your team. You are too slow for me so please train hard. Your team needs you to improve BIG TIME. I know you are a model and you have that feminine tendencies... for now sana you get rid of these muna. MOTIVATE yourself to do better.

nice to see bea tan play libero not as fast as denden lazaro but I like her reception.... digging though need to practice more.

Congrats na rin at nanalo today but andami pang dapat ayusin at gawin.
  • Did you watch the game live? Dzi - 5 blocks so-so? They did not play their A-game pero sobrang harsh naman ata ng SLOPPY. Nood ka live sa arena para makita mo yung intensity nila sa game at masuportahan mo na rin sila hindi puro negative comments.
  • wala bang link ng replays sa Shakey's V-League?
  • mark_markmark_mark MAXICARE APPLYT 09178046275 ✭✭✭
    if you had watched it live, ma appreciate mo that they have great chemistry and the individual skills of each player is high. medyo off lang si bea tan.
    I do watch live mind you. Dzi's improvement on blocking and serving is impressive but have you seen her digging lately laging huli. Tamad na rin maghabol ng bola. As a whole/team anlaki ng binaba ng floor defense nila. Watch replays of their floor defense last year then sabihin mo sa akin kung nagimprove ba o bumaba. I've been watching them since they were rookies so I know what they are capable of. Skills wise syempre ang laki ng improvement nila individually pero yung attitude towards the game yun ang kinulang sa training nila.

Again as I said before mas magalit kayo sa akin if I don't criticize them coz it simply means I don't want them to improve.

I've seen them play their best so I know how great they could be. Ang problem kasi is walang pa silang psyche ng isang winner. THEY SHOULD ALWAYS FEEL THAT THEY ARE THE GREATEST. Once they have that they will always be confident with their game. If they can have that AURA that they are unbeatable, hindi pa sila tumatapak sa court takot na yung kalaban nila. Hindi ba advantage yun in the long run??? Ask their opponents takot ba sila sa Ateneo, more often than not, they still feel they can beat them. So yeah they don't have that AURA yet of a WINNER.
This discussion has been closed.