Home PEx Relationships Love - Stories & Experiences
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

why do people feel bad when their ex gets over them quickly?

shouldnt we be all the more thankful that theyre not suffering? we want whats best for someone we love right? why do we feel bad when we find out that theyve moved on? isnt that selfish to wish that your ex feel the same anguish youre going through?

just a thought.

Comments

• not everyone feels that way... ;)

but anyhow, maybe it's all because of pride.....right? :D
  • You hit the nail on the head - it's a selfish thing. *okay*

But I think it comes from the fact, if you're suffering still you want your ex to be doing the same. So, at least, it feels like the relationship meant as much to them as it did (and probably still does) to you.
  • Tama si angel_princess. Kung mabilis nag-move on ang ex mo, masakit akasi ikaw hindi pa ok tapos sya AYUN on to the next victim.

The relationship probably didn't mean too much to her as it did to you.

In other words, she made you look like a $chmuck.

You were doing all this sh!t for her and at the very first sight or smell of another male pheromone she jumps ship!

tsk tsk tsk

love hurts indeed.
  • yup tama.. parang feel mo.. na binale wala ka lang nya .. :(

but you have to understand na .. sometimes it's not neccessarily like that.. meron pa feelings pero ayaw lang pakita or they really want to move on na talaga kasi they feel na wala na talagang pag-asa.. when your x does that, i'm sure it's for a good reason, not because they want to hurt you even more, you'll realise it's better na ganon nga eh, cause you'll find moving on easier..

i was like that before.. i was like.. how dare he not feel anything.. or not hurt like i am.. i even told him na "ang manhid mo sobrah .. and he got hurt na sinabi ko yun .. he said it wasn't because wala na syang paki sa akin.. in actual fact mahal pa daw nya ako.. ayaw lang nya pakita or he wants to show na ok lang sya.. and he doesn't want to show me na ganon para it's easier for me to move on din.. kasi we both know wala na talaga kme pag asa.. :~(
  • nakakainis kasi iisipin mo na ...
    1. he dont love you nung kami kaya mabilis palitan..
    2. niloko ka niya nung kayo palang.. kaya pag break niyo sila na agad
    3. gusto niya gumanti
    4. ndi ka worth iyakan ng matagal
    5. you havent get over him
    6. u cant face the fact na ndi ka na niya mahal
  • its just a matter of how long or how short the time period is that your ex had moved on... if its about a month or so, then its just fine...

however if you find out that your ex is already involved with another only days or less than 2 weeks after you... you might as well be suspicious that s/he had been cheatin on you all along, and the reason for the break-up is that s/he can't wait to be with the other person...

piss2.gifpiss.gif
  • it hurts to know your ex gets over you so fast.

but point is, it shouldn't be your concern anymore. whether or not your ex gets over you is irrelevant. when u two break up, separate lives na dapat yan. it shouldn't matter kung may-rebound na kaagad yung ex mo, or kung mahal ka pa niya or other things like that. whatever happens to your ex, di mo na dapat problemahin yan.

but... that really isn't how life goes huh? cuz people have pride, jealously, anger and other negative emotions. i guess those things keep us from doing the "sensible" thing...
  • One word. Pride.
  • it depends upon the break up. If its a senseless break up malamang magalit ka nga once ur ex gets over you quickly. But if the break up had valid reasons and is for the betterment of both parties, i guess this is not the case.
  • in my case naman, mas okey na ma-get over agad niya ako .... personally ayoko ng prolonged heartaches, at dahil mahal ko pa rin siya, yoko ring masaktan pa siya ng matagalan .... nag let go ka na nga di bah?
  • .pride.
    .and the feeling of being betrayed comes with that.
    .u feel that u were not loved enuf.
  • you're right. we should be happy that, at least, the other person has moved on.

pero sometimes, when you still care for the person, selfishness comes in. You'll start wishing that he's still into you the way that you are into him.

the sad part is when that person treats you as though you'e not worth remembering. di ba, it's one thing to let go of the person, it's another to actually let go of what you feel for that person? i guess that's it. it's kinda hard to accept that the other person doesn't care for you anymore.
  • i think people only feel bad when their ex found someone before they did...regardless of whether they have actually gotten over the ex or not.....

i think it's in Jack and Jill that i heard the character Lisa say something about this.....that when couples break up, the race begins......who gets to date people first, who gets engaged first etc.

sure, maybe it's PRIDE talking....but then again, it's only a superficial feeling anyway so why dwell on it???? as long as one knows how to deal with these kind of feelings, i see nothing wrong in having them for a while :) after all, we are human...let's not fight the natural (esply if it's something this petty)
  • Originally posted by DELISYUS
    i think it's in Jack and Jill that i heard the character Lisa say something about this.....that when couples break up, the race begins......who gets to date people first, who gets engaged first etc.

samantha from sex and the city put it this way... "there's always a contest with an ex. it's called, who will die miserable?" :D
  • Originally posted by ReLaTiViTy
    you're right. we should be happy that, at least, the other person has moved on.

pero sometimes, when you still care for the person, selfishness comes in. You'll start wishing that he's still into you the way that you are into him.

the sad part is when that person treats you as though you'e not worth remembering. di ba, it's one thing to let go of the person, it's another to actually let go of what you feel for that person? i guess that's it. it's kinda hard to accept that the other person doesn't care for you anymore.

I agree... :redsmile:
  • shemps, feelin mo pag nag getover sya agad syo e, u wer nothin 2 him/her d ba?
  • Because the feeling is like you're chewing gum -- pag wala nang taste, itatapon na.

Or a once favorite shirt na pinagsawaan na.

Oh well... :(
  • getting over with someone is really painful. but its different with every person. syempre yung iba mabilis yung recovery lalo na yung optimistic pero yung mostly pessimistic eh yung nakaka-experience ng mild depression. all people experience stages of loss: denial, bargaining before acceptance. its a natural process for us kasi it helps us cope with the situation.

abt the situation, well, sometimes we fell for someone more than we expect and this will really hurt us because the feeling is so deep. but we must not feel bad f our ex wud find another ahead of us. perhaps we should do our part to do the same and go on with our life....we must kip our world revolving and be positive to the situation. it's quite easy to say i know, but its harder esp when we are the ones involved. that's why we need friends who will give us taps on our shoulder along the way.

well....let's just look at ourselves and the process of healing within rather than focusing on what's happening with the life of our ex. lets be happy for them at least. that's the only thing we can do if we can't work it out anymore.
  • *bump thread*