Home PEx Sports PBA

Chris Lutz or Marcio Lassiter?

Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
both are filams, both played for our national team, entered the same draft, top picks (3 & 4) for petron and powerade. we saw their style of play, first in international bball and now in the local league.

can't go wrong with the two. both do have gifted skills. if you'll choose one for your team, who'd you pick? and who is better between them?

PS. pwede pa nga sila magsama sa isang team if mangyari na talaga ang trade. :naughty:

Comments

• clarkie31clarkie31 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    they're great defender and dependable scorer.... the difference lang is... mukhang injury prone si Lutz because of his playing style. baka mag ala danny seigle 'to na laging may injury. si Marcio, simple yung laro pero very effective, parang mas malayo sa injuries kapag ganun, hehehe... since almost the same yung kaya nilang ibigay sa team, i'll pick Marcio over Lutz......
  • aseroasero PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Lassiter is the best player in the PBA right now...
  • dubistasendubistasen PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    parang vince carter and tmac lang ah.
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 PEx Rookie ⭐
    I will go for Marcio. Mas naging deadly yung 3pt shooting eh. Me inside play but not as dominant ke Lutz. But still sa crucial games eh 3pt dependent pa din tayo.
  • jacel27jacel27 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Between the 2, I'll go for marcio. Mas magaling kasi sya. Pero Dylan pa rin ko. Kaya nyang gawin yung nagagawa ng 2 yan. Homegrown pa. Sorry po BGK fan kasi e.
  • Can't go wrong with either one. Both can score & defend well ..... let's just say, that you pick whoever your team needs the most.

Lassiter
    PROS: Has the better range ..... can be attributed to POWERADE's no-structure / free-wheel offense and their lack of bigs ..... playing alongside David, you'll probably get infected with shooting threes.

CONS: When driving in traffic, he has the tendency to "loop" his layup or give a difficult pass, instead of going straight-up ..... much like an early Kelly Williams.

Lutz
    PROS: Prefers shooting inside the 3pt line ..... a more accurate FT shooter ..... drives harder to the basket & likes the contact more.

CONS: More brittle & injury-prone at this point ..... played very heavy minutes during his 1st conference & got battered around. He's still young though.

Clearly plays with more emotion ..... some bit of swagger, even for a rookie ..... has been in a few tussles.

========================================================================

Both are great fits with their respective teams.

PETRON last won a championship with Jojo Duncil at SG ..... Lutz basically replaces Duncil's past contributions & more ..... he's equally tough & a much better scorer (though Duncil has a better knack for the offensive rebounds).

POWERADE has normally lacked good players at all positions, except for SG ..... Lassiter's (and Casio) arrival has been great for them.
  • Max_BuwayaMax_Buwaya PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    lutz ako jan. dahil sa papoging jumpshot at takbong mayaman. :lol:
  • stupid question: who plays better defense?

with that said, this is a really good question.
  • gabb23gabb23 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pareho lang sila kaya lang mukhang buwaya si lutzng kunti kesa kay marcio,pero kung si lutz nasa powerade,baka nag champion na ang powerade,marami kasing style of play si lutz,galing pang mag dribble,lupit pang mang steal ng bola,kung agawan ng bola si fonacier parang kidlat sa bilis,sana next season wala ng injury para lumabas pa ang tunay na laro at mag mature pa kasi laging nagugulangan ni ryan reyes'
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    dubistasen wrote: »
    parang vince carter and tmac lang ah.

weh? :mecry:
  • darknight10darknight10 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Starter si Marcio sa Gilas. Bench si Lutz. That means something. :naughty:
  • Lassiter, but not by much. I'm not really that excited about these two. I can see them becoming good complementary pieces, but not franchise players.
    takaki wrote: »
    PETRON last won a championship with Jojo Duncil at SG ..... Lutz basically replaces Duncil's past contributions & more ..... he's equally tough & a much better scorer (though Duncil has a better knack for the offensive rebounds).

IMO His defense isn't as good as Duncil's nor does he have Jojo's knack for coming up with key loose balls or shots.
  • Vit@min_C[email protected]_C PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    During international competition, bilib ako kay Marcio, mas nabibigyan siya nang playing time compared to lutz.

Pero ngayon sa PBA. which they have different teams, mas nakita ko potential ni lutz. mas nagagamit niya yung strength niya to drive strong sa hole. Since mas hindi ganon kabigat mga big men natin sa PBA compared to international league.
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Let me revive this. :naughty:

same answer still?
  • LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL Weh, di nga? PEx Expert 🎖️
    Let me revive this. :naughty:

same answer still?

mahirap pa rin sagutin. mas lalo na ngayon na magkakampi na sila. i'd say they have an equal footing on talent but marcio lassiter has a slight edge because he can flat shoot the rock
  • karlo_12karlo_12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    For me.. Chris lutz somehow has the edge on this.. He can be a triple double threat on any given night. He can break down the defense, he can slash or set up team mates for easy looks he can also flat out defend. He just needs to sharpen up his shooting and improve his low post game in order to become a complete player.

As for marcio, he is a streaky shooter, he can light it up and he also has a tendency to go cold and shoot bricks, he has to expand his game. Hindi pwede laging asa lang sa shooting, he has to improve his slashing and shot creating skills look at the game last christmas, malas shooting nya naging useless tuloy sya sa game . And he also needs to improve defensively, pinostehan lang siya ni yap nung finals hirap na sya.

They are cornerstones for smb, we need them both to reach their potential to help junemar carry the load of the team.
  • marcio

the dude can flat out shoot ..............anywhere! he's good at dribble penetration too.

lutz for me is a bit passive with his game, and he lacks the consistency.
  • oyen_invaderoyen_invader PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Marcio kasi fanboy ako plus I think he doesnt like James Yap. Diba Yoonjay? :lol:

I just love Marcio's game. He maybe on a slump lately but when he's hot, damn he's automatic beyond the arc.

Bwakaw kasi si Lutz minsan. Pinapahirapan lagi ang sarili by forcing some shots instead of kicking it out or dropping a dime to June Mar. Ayun, he is leading the league in TOs right now. But in fairness to Lutz, when he drives down the lane, it is either he'll make the basket or fish some fouls. I think he has the most FTA right now.
  • ^ the best crossover in town for lutz too - as per quinito's. :D

but marcio is the more complete player.
  • Alpha_GreenAlpha_Green PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pag pagandahan ng asawa......walang laban si Marcio siguro kay Lutz....kahit di ko pa nakikita asawa/gf ni Lutz... LOL!