all about sheet

nussnuss GAU PR PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
I got inspired to talk about this after Ira described Ernie Baron as the King of BS :lol:

Well... according to my science lessons way back in elementary, food takes at least 24 hours to travel from the plate to the mouth, to the stomach, to the intestines, and finally out your a$$.

Now, the question: when one suffers from diarrhea, what does he/she excrete, last night's dinner or his breakfast awhile ago at a canteen with a questionable quality control?

If ever that was last morning's spoiled hamburger, didn't it just defy the 'rule' that it should take 24 hours for it to traverse through your digestive system?

Sorry to ask about this, but our teacher didn't teach this in elementary...

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    Actually, none. Diarrhea is caused by four distinct mechanisms: increased osmotic load, increased secretion, inflammation, and decreased absorption time. In secretory diarrhea (which is the most common mechanism for diarrhea due to infection), large amounts of water and electrolytes are pumped from your system into the intestine because of toxins. So majority of the watery feces you're excreting actually are water and electrolytes within you, rather than anything you've eaten recently. Only a little amount would come from both the most recent and the previous meals.

By the way, some people may normally take from as little as 12 hours up to 36 hours to evacuate their meal.
  • nussnuss GAU PR PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I see...

Is it true that you excrete what you eat (duh!)?

As in meat produces hard sheat... while veggies are easier to release?
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Since vegetables contain a lot of fiber which don't get absorbed by the GIT, its bulk makes transit faster. Meat doesn't move as fast, hence more water from the food is absorbed, forming a more "hardened" waste product.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file