Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

HBO's Veep

VS1-Cartaz.jpg

Synopsis:
Former Senator Selina Meyer (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) has accepted the call to serve as Vice President of the United States. The job is nothing like she imagined and everything she was warned about. 'Veep' follows Meyer and her staff as they attempt to make their mark and leave a lasting legacy, without getting tripped up in the day-to-day political games that define Washington.

Meyer's inner circle includes: her chief of staff Amy (Anna Chlumsky), longtime press spokesperson Mike McClintock (Matt Walsh), right hand and body man Gary (Tony Hale) and secretary Sue (Sufe Bradshaw) all of whom often do battle with Dan Egan (Reid Scott) an ambitious interloper and smug White House liaison Jonah (Tim Simons).

Created by Armando Iannucci (The Thick of It, In the Loop), the comedy is scripted but shot in an improvisational style. 'Veep' is authentic without being specifically biographical about what it is like to hold the least effectual post in the most powerful office in the world.

Executive Producers: Armando Iannucci, Chris Godsick, Frank Rich;* Co-Executive Producer: Simon Blackwell, Tony Roche;* Producers: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Stephanie Laing; Directors: Armando Iannucci, Tristram Shapeero, Chris Morris* Writers: Armando Iannucci, Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Sean Gray, Ian Martin, Will Smith, Tony Roche, Roger Drew.

Trailer:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/v/soJggb_jDL8&hd=1[/VIDEO]

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Loved Julia Louis Dreyfus in Old Christine so looking forward to this one
  • Actually, very "Old Cristine" yung aura niya for me. Nice lang nung title card nila, I love how HBO do their title cards :D
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Anna Chlumsky? As in Anna "My Girl" Chlumsky? Wowww.....

Just hopes this doesn't become another Commander-In-Chief
  • mini_stopmini_stop 10th PEx Oscar Pool Top 10
    veep.jpg

I just watched the pilot episode. Great cast with quirky characters. Lotsa witty one-liners. Needless to say, Julia Louis-Dreyfus does a marvelous job as Selina Meyer. I'm not sure how the the story will pan out or where the series is headed, but it seems we're in for a very interesting ride.

"Did Simon mingle with Garfunkel?"

"That's the entire speech. Okay? What's left here? I've got hello, and I have prepositions."

"I'm fluent in basterd. It's one of my languages."

Hahahaha! :laugh:
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I found it hilarious. :lol:
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Very funny pilot episode! Julia Louis-Dreyfus is perfect for the role!
  • Nakakatawa yung pilot sobra, aliw yung mga humors nila :lol:
    Very natural lang :D

Maki-mingle daw oh :bop:
    It's still funny! Hilarious I swear. I am now looking forward to each episode!
  • ^ Love this show. Effortless.

Advantage talaga ng ganitong genre yung nasa cable sila because of the censorship, shows like Nurse Jackie, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Borgias and yung mga pang pokp0k na shows ng MTV :lol:
    This is one of the top shows that I look forward to every week. :)

Anyone else watching? 5 pa lang tayo, hehehe.
  • ^ At least mas marami tayo sa lobbyist sa kanyang fundraiser! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Btw, the show has been renewed already for a 2nd season with 10-episodes :D
    Not surprised! Too brilliant! HBO really has good shows. Well, except Girls...
  • Totally love this show! Prolly the best post-Seinfeld work of JLD, who is still one hot mama! :naughty:
    That was a shocking episode - mixed feelings about it because on one hand, they were bold with the plot, but on the other hand, they didn't need the pee spilling over, I think. I love how the show can be intelligently funny so when they included that scene, I was turned off a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's funny (especially when she wiped her hand on that guy's coat afterwards) - I just think it's not consistent with the wit of the show.
  • Why is there no love for Tony Hale? Gary's a "grown-up" Buster Bluth, with responsibilities and all. But everything he says and does is just golden.

Case in point: his resignation. That 30 or so seconds of "Gary's resignation" totally had me laughing for two minutes. That scene alone should get an Emmy!
    I love Gary!!! :)
    I listed him as one of my favorite supporting characters! Post ka dun sa thread! :D
    I wonder what it really is like to be VP in the US. I wonder which situations are/could be real...

They are so incompetent it's ridiculous, and well, FUNNY!
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Both Veep and Girls will premiere this July on HBO Asia
  • carlhirocarlhiro PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Marathon-ed all 8 episodes. I was downloading Veep every week but I only watched it now. I love this series. Looking forward to Season 2.

Of course, JLD and Tony Hale are outstanding, but my favorite character is Mike McClintock because of his imaginary dog and TV/Movie references. Tawang tawa ako sa Pinocchio line niya with Jonah. :lol:

And we keep forgetting Sue! She has so many one-liners! I freakin' love her!

Actually, I love all the characters. They are so great in their own way.
  • letran_jletran_j PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Veep_intertitle.png

Veep is a 2012 HBO television comedy series set in the office of a fictional U.S. vice president. The program is created by Armando Iannucci and uses the same cin?ma-v?rit? production style as his BBC television political satire The Thick of It. After a 2011 pilot written by Iannucci and Simon Blackwell, the series was commissioned for a full season. The series premiered on HBO on April 22, 2012, and aired in the UK on Sky Atlantic from June 25, 2012. On April 30, 2012, it was announced that Veep has been renewed for a second season. The first season of the series earned three Primetime Emmy Award nominations, for Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Casting for a Comedy Series.

Starring:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Anna Chlumsky
    Tony Hale
    Matt Walsh
    Timothy Simons
    Reid Scott
    Sufe Bradshaw