Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

[ABC] Scandal

hethlerhethler PExer
edited April 2018 in International TV
fd85bcb2d3f570b896b3e75990d31580.jpg

Synopsis:
From the creator and executive producers of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice comes a drama revolving around the life and work of a professional crisis manager and her dysfunctional staff.

A former media relations consultant to the President, Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) dedicates her life to protecting and defending the public images of our nation's elite. After leaving the White House, the power consultant opened her own firm, hoping to start a new chapter—both professionally and personally—but she can't seem to completely cut ties with her past. Slowly it becomes apparent that her staff, who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, can't quite fix the ones closest at hand— their own.

Trailer:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/v/PMtTb3BqP7w[/VIDEO]

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    There's an 8-minute preview of the pilot and it looks promising *okay*
  • Indeed! :D

Sana naman mag-rate siya. At least ibang genre from Shonda. Na-bored lang ako sa Off the Map (yet-another-medical drama from Shonda last year)

So Scandal at The Mentalist ang magkalaban :naughty:
  • Has anybody seen the pilot yet?

So-so lang for me :confused:
    But nevertheless, I'll follow this series pa rin, napagod na ako sa medical drama ni Shonda eh :D
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Private Practice
    • Off the Map (Cancelled)
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the show reminds me of Justice [fox]. instead of a legal defense team, they act as a sort of cleaning crew. :glee:

but not enough to convince me to stick around and watch the show regularly.

heck, Malacanang should probably learn a bit or two from this show. *cough*cough* :glee:
  • topnotch97 wrote: »

heck, Malacanang should probably learn a bit or two from this show. *cough*cough* :glee:

Spell "ASA" :bop::lol::rotflmao:

Meron Pang "VEEP" ang HBO :D
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    hethler wrote: »
    Has anybody seen the pilot yet?

So-so lang for me :confused:
    But nevertheless, I'll follow this series pa rin, napagod na ako sa medical drama ni Shonda eh :D
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Private Practice
    • Off the Map (Cancelled)

I absolutely LOVED it. I loved the pace. I loved the approach, the shots. I love the story. Interesting characters, good actors. Love. It. I couldn't get enough!

I think people who follow American politics will appreciate it a bit more than the others.
    Kerry Washington is so good! May spunk sya lalo na nung kinausap nya yung yung kabit ng president (Paris from Gilmore Girls) ang galing nya dun, wasak talaga pagkatao mo :glee: She was also good when she confronted the President and lumabas ang weakness nya :glee:
  • mini_stopmini_stop 10th PEx Oscar Pool Top 10
    Kerry Washington is so awesome. The writing is so crisp and fast-paced. The 'twist' in the pilot was predictable for me, though. I wish/hope there's more to it than just an illicit affair. And I'd like to see some development in the other characters (which could be challenging given that there will only be few episodes for the first season).
    ^YES YES YES agree re: Kerry Washington.
  • somuchwinsomuchwin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    This show is CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZYYY and I'm loving it. :heart:

Kerry Washington :praise:
    I really think the show is brilliant. I think it's the best Shonda Rimes show right now. :)
    Okay, I don't know what to say about the latest episode.

WARNING! SPOILERS!

From 5 brilliant episodes, to suddenly a trashy episode. Okay, that's a bit harsh, but it was definitely NOT at the same level as those first 5 episodes. FAR from that level. What I loved about the first five episodes is that they were able to make it both intelligent AND deliciously scandalous at the same time. This sixth episode was like a soap opera. Yes, there were some good scenes but overall, it was like a totally different team worked on it!

At least there were some things that I liked. I like that they finally gave us a glimpse of the past, which explains a lot of what's happening now. I like that there was a MAJOR revelation - it wasn't subtle, they just threw everything to the audience and let us deal with it.

I hope the next episodes will not be like this. One "break" from all of that awesomeness is enough.
    ^I agree!
    But what I liked about the episode is the way they treated the characters. They gave each a development needed in every series. And even their past was shown, OLD HUCK was horrendous! The episode is still "scandal"ous, but really, its at par with the first five.

I hope this is just a break. HAHA
    ^Yeah, we got to know the characters more...
    Renewed for Second Season!
  • hethler wrote: »
    Meron Pang "VEEP" ang HBO :D

Malcanang is so Veep. Noynoy = male VP Meyer. :lol:

Anyway, this show definitely picked up after the pilot. And Kerry Washington is goddamn good! Glad this was picked up! :D
    HECK YEAH!!!
    C'mon Shonda, show us what you've got!
  • Kudos to Shonda, finally naka-alis ka rin sa comfort zone mo (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Off the Map) :D:D:D
    And it's back! Another awesome episode. AWESOME I TELL YA.
    I cannot have enough of this show. It's just so ******ng good.
    I love the pace! (I'm just wondering how they will keep it up throughout the many seasons it will exist - yes I am hoping...)
    FINALEEE O.O

Question first. (spoilers if you haven't seen it, so skip these)
    -So, Cyrus was the mind behind Amanda's killing? Why?

Cliffhanger to the max HAHA Good job Shonda!