Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

Who is your favorite character in The Hunger Games?

Hello!

Malapit na pala mag showing yung Hunger Games!

Who is your favorite character?

Ako I like Gale!

What about you ?

Comments

• NakuraNakura PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Rue seems to sound like an interesting character.
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Toss up between Katniss and Peeta. If I really have to choose, I'll choose Peeta because I want/need that dandelion in the spring. :)

“What I need to survive is not Gale’s fire kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again and only Peeta can give me that. " - Katniss
  • strandedstrangerstrandedstranger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Peeta. If I'll have a guy to be with for the rest of my life, I'd like that guy to be him. There's the feeling of security without him being too much of a tough guy.

Katniss is a given.

Finnick Odair. A refreshing character who seemed to be perfect from the outside but hurting and incomplete on the inside.

Mags I know her stint in CF is short but I have a soft heart for really old ladies, I mean she had the guts to step-in for Finnick's sweetheart.
  • Aside from the Katniss, I'm torn between Cinna and Haymitch! *okay*
  • Catnip and Haymitch! :D
    ^I'm curious why Catnip?

Haymitch, at least to me, is like the modern-day Dumbledore and Gandalf with the attitude.

Edit: I thought for some reason you were referring to Foxface until I realized her father nicknamed her Catnip after the herb.
    Oh yeah, Cinna seems awesome too!
    Pero guys! Try to choose just one! That's the fun part, choosing! :p
    If there's just one then it's Peeta all the way.

The reasons are bookmarked on my reader:
    1. Peeta Mellark is a very lovable character. Not only is he compelling but he has a certain depth to him, not as deep as the Katniss, THG's heroine but the way Collins portrayed him has some degree of charisma that pulls the readers to him, to love him and to root for him. The competition between him and Gale or the lack thereof is pretty lopsided.
      "You have a . . . remarkable memory," I say haltingly.

"I remember everything about you," says Peeta, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "You're the one who wasn't paying attention."

"I am now," I say.
      “I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.”
      "It's not necessary. My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I'm okay once I realize you're here.”
    2. Take it from Katniss herself:
      Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena.
      “You're punishing him over and over for things that are out of his control. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't have a fully loaded weapon next to you round the clock. But I think it's time you flipped this little scenario in your head. If you'd been taken by the Capitol, and hijacked, and then tried to kill Peeta, is this the way he would be treating you?" demands Haymitch.

I fall silent. It isn't. It isn't how he would be treating me at all. He would be trying to get me back at any cost. Not shutting me out, abandoning me, greeting me with hostility at every turn.”
      “The beauty of this idea is that my decision to keep Peeta alive at the expense of my own life is itself an act of defiance. A refusal to play the Hunger Games by the Capitol's rules. My private agenda dovetails completely with my public one. And if I really could save Peeta... in terms of a revolution, this would be ideal. Because I will be more valuable dead. They can turn me into some kind of martyr for the cause and paint my face on banners, and it will do more to rally people than anything I could do if I was living. But Peeta would be more valuable alive, and tragic, because he will be able to turn his pain into words that will transform people.”
    3. He is pretty eloquent and has a way with words.
      “I think....you still have no idea. The effect you can have.”
      “It's not necessary. My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I'm okay once I realize you're here.”
    4. The boy with the bread has a good sense of humor.
      “Yeah, about that,” says Peeta, entwining his fingers in mine. “Don’t try something like that again.” “Or what?” I ask. “Or . . . or . . .” He can’t think of anything good. “Just give me a minute.”
      “Hey, Effie, watch this!" says Peeta. He tosses his fork over his shoulder and literally licks his plate clean with his tongue making loud, satisfied sounds. Then he blows a kiss out to her in general and calls, "We miss you, Effie!”
    5. He showed that he does not need a showcase of power just to be relevant and that words are in itself powerful enough.
      Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games”
      But Peeta would be more valuable alive, and tragic, because he will be able to turn his pain into words that will transform people.”
    6. Peeta is very human, something that not all writers can pull off in a lead character.
      Peeta and I grow back together. There are still moments when he clutches the back of a chair and hangs on until the flashbacks are over. I wake screaming from nightmares of mutts and lost children. But his arms are there to comfort me. And eventually his lips.
      "To this day, I can never shake the connection between this boy, Peeta Mellark, and the bread that gave me hope, and the dandelion that reminded me that I was not doomed."
    The boy with the bread. Love.
  • The painter and baker, Cinna , and foxface:glee:
  • Oops forgot to add Katniss:hiya:
  • Foxface :glee:

Nakakaloka ang description niya sa book. Pero mas nakakaloka ang ending niya. :lol:
  • gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    I like Gale's ideology and strength.

Katniss for her will.

Peeta for his devotion and openess despite his current situation.
  • gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    The supporting characters Cinna & Haymitch needs to be hailed as heroes as well.

Prim is cute but did not play a vital role until the later part of the books. She remains to be an inspiration.
  • mykel14mykel14 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Katniss and Peeta. And not just because they are a couple. :)
  • Aya_AlexaAya_Alexa Vision of Perfection PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Corrrect! wrote: »
    Foxface :glee:

Nakakaloka ang description niya sa book. Pero mas nakakaloka ang ending niya. :lol:

kalurkey nga ang pagka matay niya. :rotflmao:

ako naman i like Rue, super sad ako nung namatay siya.
  • ellivro99ellivro99 PEx Rookie ⭐
    for me its effie trinket.. "welcome! welcome! the time has come to select one courageous young man and woman for the honor of representing district 12 in the 74th annual hunger games!"
    Effie Trinket actually reminds me of Harry Potter's Umbridge but the tamer and better version of Umbridge. Dolores is a total scumbag, power hungry fool at least Effie has a working conscience that makes her miles better thatn DU.
  • Peeta and Effie.
    edit: double post.