FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Political Science Thesis Help!!!

ok, so unang post ko to dito hindi ako medyo marunong,,,

anyways, hingi sana ko ng tulong senyo eh kasi naman kahirap naman magpaaprub ng thesis! nakapagpakita na kami ng marami lahat reject, pero ang matatawag kong PINAKA eh ito :VIGILANTS ROLE IN MAINTAINING PEACE IN (insert place here), DEBT REPUDIATION, tsaka COUNTERFEIT ECONOMY.....

LAHAT REJECT!!! MAHIRAP DAW EH SABI NI PROF, pipilit sana namen kaso experience ng mga ibang fourth wag daw ipilit yung nareject kasi marerejct yan pag nag propose na! 2 weeks from now magpopropose na wala pa kameng topic ng partner ko!

Isa pang nakakadisappoint, yung mga kaklase ko ang mga thesis nila eh mga domestic violence, garbage disposal, politics within the curriculum inside the university, relevance of sports to drug prevention.... approved sila... pero para sa akin... di parang ambabaw naman ata nun?

kaya nga hihingi sana ko senyo ng topics, desperado na ko eh, kung di man topics, maski tips man lang di ko kasi talaga maintindihan kung ano bang klaseng topic *** trip nila.. tnx in advance!

Comments

• freethinkeefreethinkee Member PExer
    It really depends on the program of your department and depends on your professor.

I'm a Political Science graduate myself, but that was 8 years ago. In my university we had this individual research paper you must pass before you graduate. We have three tracks:

a) Political Culture - anything to do with social behavior and its relation to politics
    b) Public Policies - national statutes, public policies
    c) Governance

I took the Political Culture track. And we have a seminar course on that. So at the end of the course you must present this paper, and of course it should be related to political culture. My paper is about the Politics of Philippine Freemasonry. It explains the interconnection of political activism/participation between Filipino freemasons and the population in general.

Some of my batch-mates produced interesting topics as well: "Politics of the Necktie" - how power dressing affects relationship between two individuals. More examples: "Politics of Homosexuality", "Politics of Technology". These are not the formal titles though.

Of course if you're on the Public Policy track, your paper is expected to present either analysis of an existing policy such as national health policy, population policy OR propose a new public policy for let's say education or agriculture.

So that answer depends on your course's structure and program.
  • AthanismoAthanismo Member PExer
    pero opinion lang, panget ba yung mga nasuggest ko nung una?
  • freethinkeefreethinkee Member PExer
    Di naman. Actually they stand out. Yun nga lang these topics demand more analysis, research, and other techniques to prove your point. I like the vigilantes. But how would you study that group?
  • strandedstrangerstrandedstranger Gab Scardragon
    ^which makes it doubly hard because you need to have at least a first-hand interview to make your thesis credible.

I suggest internal political dynamics of informal settlers.
    Ano kasi taga DLSU dasma ako, so baka within dasma na gawin namen... pwede paki ano naman kung ano yung tungkol sa suggestion mo.
    Di naman. Actually they stand out. Yun nga lang these topics demand more analysis, research, and other techniques to prove your point. I like the vigilantes. But how would you study that group?

oo nga medyo mahirap nga siya, bigay ka namn ng isang topic, please!
  • PreseaPresea The Dragon's Daughter PExer
    Naisip ko lang, how about doing a thesis on fraternity politics/dynamics of frats & sororities? Mainit na topic yan dahil sa mga recent deaths sa hazing. Might be something interesting to look into. :)

I hope hindi ka sana ma-limit sa location mo. Baka kasi nahihirapan ka maghanap ng topic na within your vicinity lang. What if maganda yung topic pero lalayo ka sa Dasma?
    Presea wrote: »
    Naisip ko lang, how about doing a thesis on fraternity politics/dynamics of frats & sororities? Mainit na topic yan dahil sa mga recent deaths sa hazing. Might be something interesting to look into. :)

I hope hindi ka sana ma-limit sa location mo. Baka kasi nahihirapan ka maghanap ng topic na within your vicinity lang. What if maganda yung topic pero lalayo ka sa Dasma?

taga Trece kasi ako, Bacoor yung isa, Laguna yung isa... kaya naisip namen na sa dasma nalang kasi medyo malalayo kame eh

anyways, yung fratenity may nakatake up na, isa siya sa mga tinanong namen kaso nga meron na daw, haha iba pa plisssss.

nga pala, 1st time ko dito, so hindi ko alam kung may silbi bayung pagquoquote na yun haha
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier Your Personal Jesus PExer
    First off what the hell does he mean by "too difficult"? He ain't the one writing the goddamn paper. My professors (I'm a poli sci major) always liked the enthusiasm and the student's drive for challenge. The only times my professors ever questioned our choices were 1. unrelated to the class 2. too broad (in which case though the subject isn't the object of rejection but rather the focus of the paper----all he's asking is to derive an actual point/thesis statement from a broad subject---ie make it an actual thesis/argument)

Second, why don't you ask him for what's he's looking for and in what format. What a dumbass professor to simply give you that paper assignment---unless it's Poli Sci 101 where really it's a broad class.

PS debt relief is actually a good topic to get into. Lots of material some of them from UN sponsored writers and academicians.

You can also do a typical poli sci paper: case studies. Ie pick a subject, write a thesis (what you want to argue for) and use examples in other countries or say different policies or scenarios. Ie comparison between reproductive health policies and government intervention in two similar countries: Thailand and the Philippines.

The key to most poli sci papers is: KISS. Keep it simple, stupid. Keep the argument simple and the paper to the point.

Pick a subject, narrow your argument (thesis), gather material, put it in the 5 paragraph format (it DOES NOT need to be five paragraphs, but simply, introduction, 3 [or more but consolidate as much as possible] argument points and expound, maybe a section where you combine and hammer points, and then conclusion/reiteration of your points).

Don't use fancy writing, use facts and numbers. As long as you borrow it from a legitimate source (hopefully real academicians and research :glee:) and referenced properly, it rings more beautiful than fancy fluff filler words.
  • spacesambaspacesamba Member PExer
    ^I agree with the case study/comparative study suggestion. Choose one issue and compare the similarity or difference between two things (between countries, baranggays, time periods, leaders, policies etc.). It's simple and if you research well enough, you're on your way to writing a great paper.

Start with something that interests you. For instance, I like music so I could come up with a thesis paper that revolves around that topic like how music reflects the political culture in the country by comparing the type of songs that were famous at various points in history or even politics within the music industry.

If you don't have too many interests then think of a political issue that you feel strongly about. For example, being a sort-of-but-not-really feminist I remember writing my "baby thesis" on the feminization of politics by looking into various factors that could suggest the influence of women in democratic societies. Choosing a topic which you actually like makes thesis writing more enjoyable and bearable to go through.

Whatever you do, I say just read up on your topic and get quality resources (with the internet, this is easy! Try checking jstor.org or ebscohost for academic papers.) Good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file