Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

what can you say about 2go ferry,batangas-caticlan-boracay route?

may nakatry na ba wg and a na bora route

Comments

• Same question. I wanted to try: TO Boracay by SEA then FROM by AIR.
  • manok00manok00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tried that 3x already. Very nice ferry very clean
    Looks like they setup this ship ideal for tourist. There is also a bar where you can drink and chat during the trip, couches everywhere

2GO is the new business name after Negros Navigation bought Superferry and Cebu Ferries

The trip is takes only 10 hrs and twice a day. 8AM and 8PM
    The 8PM trip will be available by the end of March

The 10hr trip is not a hassle at all, compared to a 10hr trip going to Bicol

It leaves 8AM at Batangas Pier and at 6PM you are at Caticlan, so it's just a day trip

It has also Cabin class accommodations. I got a cabin for 4 for 3k only, we did not notice that in the afternoon we are at Boracay already since we watch movies on laptop and drink and slept for quite a bit.

This is the needed route I was expecting in years, kudos to 2Go *okay*
    I have a lot of schedule line-up for this trip
    - Boracay International Dragon boat competition
    - Century Superbods
    - Nestea Beach Volley National Championsips
    - more
  • Finally!

Ang plano ko naman is to take the 8PM trip, para iinom at matutulog lang kami sa byahe, and voila! Caticlan na paggising... intay intay na lang maka-dock.

Nakakasawa na rin kasi yun usual na plane ride.

Another question sir, hows the food sa ferry? Di ba may kasamang meal yun fares? O do you suggest na wag na lang kumain dun?

Also if you have other tips pashare na lang, salamat ng marami.

*okay*
    The ticketing is online you can book with meals or without meals

The food is good, remember this is manage by Negros Navigation and not Aboitiz. NN food is quite good than SF, when they were competing before on inter-island travel

If you intend to bring food, bring junk foods

I am comparing the body stress I have on the plane vs this trip, and this is more relaxing. Going to Boracay via Kalibo you need to travel by (siksikan) VAN going to Jetty Port, that's one factor of stress
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kinda waste of time to spend 4k on a cabin for a 10 hour trip when in under 2 hours you're already in boracay?

saka bibiyahe ka pa ng batangas pier. that's atleast 2 hours rin from manila.
    For those in a hurry the plane is still the way to go. But for others who want to experience just a day or night trip and no time constraints this will do at meron naman mura 750 for a standard trip; aircon at may mga beds (assigned)
  • kinda waste of time to spend 4k on a cabin for a 10 hour trip when in under 2 hours you're already in boracay?

saka bibiyahe ka pa ng batangas pier. that's atleast 2 hours rin from manila.

Kung nagmamadali syempre nothing beats air travel BUT:
    - we have time to spare
    - added adventure and experience[to look forward to ika nga]
    - tapos mas makakamura pa

sir manok00, ok din ba yang bunkbeds lang? yun cheapest? na-experience mo na ba yun?
    Di ko pa kasi natry yan on a ferry, sa backpacker's accomodations lang like yun sa Sugbutel.
    Ok naman ang bunkbeds; it has mattress. I got that accommodation on my first try; next is groups na kami so sa Cabin for 4 or 6 na kami palagi

This is different from RORO type ferry, wherein buses and cars are loaded and very very crowded passenger area at maraming may mga dalang bagahe

This is an inter-island ship

One advantage of this is you can get to Boracay at an instant at no time or unplanned, say only for a weekend :lol::lol::lol: and you can get tickets there are the port instantly

Sa airplane kasi you need to schedule and even monitor everytime the cheapest fare is posted
  • first, this is the best option nung mga takot sumakay sa eroplano.

maganda to pag may oras ka talaga. saka kung ma 8pm trip nga as mentioned above, mas ok din. this is also good pag marami kang bagahe.
  • manok00 wrote: »
    Ok naman ang bunkbeds; it has mattress. I got that accommodation on my first try; next is groups na kami so sa Cabin for 4 or 6 na kami palagi

This is different from RORO type ferry, wherein buses and cars are loaded and very very crowded passenger area at maraming may mga dalang bagahe

This is an inter-island ship

One advantage of this is you can get to Boracay at an instant at no time or unplanned, say only for a weekend :lol::lol::lol: and you can get tickets there are the port instantly

Sa airplane kasi you need to schedule and even monitor everytime the cheapest fare is posted

sooo glad to hear that *okay*

Paano kaya kung FROM naman. Parang di ideal yun 8am trip ang kukunin mo pabalik ng Manila, since its too early magboat from Boracay to Caticlan Jetty Port. Mas ok ang 8pm?!? But that would mean hapon ka rin aalis ng island at maghihintay ka ng ilang hours sa Caticlan?!?

Kung malaki kasi matitipid namin as a group kung ferry ang TO/FROM namin, mas maraming money to spend on the island mismo :D Baka i-try din namin yun.

Thanks ulit sa sagot. Laking tulong ka sir.
    Ferry from the Boracay to Caticlan starts at 5AM
    Last ferry from Boracay is at 9PM

Kunin mo ang schedule ng barko na 'New Cebu Ferries 01' para may Cabin for 4 ka.

Maganda ang 8PM trip kasi parang mapapahinga ka lang at pag gising mo Batangas na. Pag labas mo ng Terminal pili ka lang ng aircon bus
  • yeah looking forward to our trip to Boracay on April 19-22 via 2GO.*okay*

We decided to use the ferry mainly to experience it and add a different excitement to our trip since we have a lot of time to waste for this vacay.:lol::lol:
  • florenofloreno PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Its nice to see this treat since bihira talaga magsale ang most local airline companies ng round trip. With this scheme, you can go to Boracay via 2GO then back to manila via air travel (sale tickets most especially)
  • yeah looking forward to our trip to Boracay on April 19-22 via 2GO.*okay*

We decided to use the ferry mainly to experience it and add a different excitement to our trip since we have a lot of time to waste for this vacay.:lol::lol:

Gawa ka ng review ha.

manok00, thanks ulit sa tip. Naisip din namin yan na makakapagpahinga rin kami sa byahe pauwi at pwedeng magpasundo na kami sa batangas.
  • can anyone post pics? yung cabin for 4? hows the restroom pala do you get one per cabins? and yung cheapest backpack sleeping area sa ride na to..thanks.
  • Same here, i hope somebody could post pics. wala talaga ko makita sa net.
  • afe09afe09 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    nakita ko yung link thru TravelOnline sa FB. the link contain a photo of 2go cabin.

http://0id20.web.officelive.com/BoracayPackagebySEA.aspx
    That's the cabin for 4, and you notice the bunkbeds are enclosed, this is to have the passenger some privacy
  • Salamat afe09 for the info.

Manok, the bunkbeds on the left pic are on tourist class? It says on the link that the section is for 24 people, has 24 beds.