Home PEx Sports The UAAP Games
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

S74 MVB Finals: FEU Tamaraws vs UST Tiger Spikers

Elimination round games:
* January 8: FEU (2–3) UST (25–14, 26–24, 21–25, 21–25, 11–15)
* January 14: FEU (3–1) UST (25–19, 23–25, 25–22, 25–17)

33z5wco.png

Finals Game 1
10:00 AM
Saturday, 25 February 2012 at the Filoil Flying V Arena
(Delayed telecast at 4PM, Studio 23)

Finals Game 2
Wednesday, 29 February 2012 at the Filoil Flying V Arena
(Delayed telecast at 4PM, Studio 23)

Finals Game 3 (if necessary)
Saturday, 3 March 2012 at the Filoil Flying V Arena
(Delayed telecast at 2PM, Studio 23)

Comments

• DBecks2009DBecks2009 Magnum Yum Yum PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    potek 10AM pa rin ang schedule ng finals :bop:
  • DBecks2009DBecks2009 Magnum Yum Yum PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Goodluck to UST MVT.

If they have the same intensity like what they did against Adamson, their 5th straight and 20th overall title is in the bag. *okay*

Basta solid ang blocking as well as their floor defense, it will be easier for Kerr to set the plays. Sana they can do quicker plays either middle attacks or open.
  • paul_tamspaul_tams PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    FEU was denied of a championship by UST for 2 straight seasons, hopefully this time around won't be a walk in a park for the Tamaraw Spikers...

FEU in 4-5 sets...
  • Bat ganun, bakit di na lang ilipat sa hapon ang laro? Para mas dami kita? tsk tsk.
  • Malaking factor ang middle blockers ng UST, pag gumana offense nila, malaki chance for the crown.
  • pasarlopasarlo PEx Rookie ⭐
    Prediction:
    Game 1: UST in 4 sets
    Game 2: UST in 4 sets

UST for 5-peat! Viva Santo Tomas!
  • Watching the game between La Salle and FEU on TV, I could say that FEU's passing was still a mess. Ok. Granted that La Salle played pretty decent, but the transition plays of FEU were just spotty, to say the least. They had several reception errors. Labrador was very good. But he alone cannot win the championship for his team.

I hope they better polish their offense and defense. I still believe that it's their championship to lose. But if they play this way against UST, they can kiss their championship bid goodbye.

Uuwi na naman silang luhaan.
  • ja_100305ja_100305 PEx Rookie ⭐
    haseq wrote: »
    Watching the game between La Salle and FEU on TV, I could say that FEU's passing was still a mess. Ok. Granted that La Salle played pretty decent, but the transition plays of FEU were just spotty, to say the least. They had several reception errors. Labrador was very good. But he alone cannot win the championship for his team.

I hope they better polish their offense and defense. I still believe that it's their championship to lose. But if they play this way against UST, they can kiss their championship bid goodbye.

Uuwi na naman silang luhaan.

Tama ka jan! Labrador is the lone consistent Tamaraw playing on the court. Beliran has his touches but aside from him, wala na. Umasa na kay Labrador. I was there kanina and if not only for those "weird" calls nung latter part ng 4th set, baka na-extend pa sa 5th set yung game kanina. Walang offensive blocks masyado on the side of FEU and this will surely hit them come crunch time with the mighty hands of Depante and Ramos sa Finals.

Hands down lang talaga kay Labrador, actually wala na pumipigil sa kanya pag titira sya, parang "sige na nga point na nila yan.." ang mga lasalle players kanina pag magbackline attack na! :D
  • go_tamzgo_tamz Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    if one will look into UST and FEU's encounter this year, FEU leads 2-1 which includes their finals game in the Unigames. however, based on this info one cannot conclude that the W will go to FEU after all UST has been known for its steady peformance in the finals.

the performance of UST's Ramos and FEU's Labrador would impact greatly on the games' outcome. also this finals would be a battle between two talented setters none other than De Ocampo of FEU and Ucang of UST whoever is the steadier of the two will really bring the championship for their respective team.

and even if im from FEU, i really cannot say who will win but i will not be surprised if it goes to a game 3.
  • XPSXPS PEx Rookie ⭐
    Halimaw si Labrador. Walang kwenta rotation kasi pumapalo siya kahit sa back row. FEU in Game 1
  • XPS wrote: »
    Halimaw si Labrador. Walang kwenta rotation kasi pumapalo siya kahit sa back row. FEU in Game 1

Mas halimaw si Edjet Mabbayad pero tinalo pa rin sila ng UST.

Labrador alone cannot win the championship for FEU. UST's libero is just too good.

FEU should be able to pass the ball very well and improve their digging. I mean, they could have won the game against La Salle in straight sets but they committed a lot of reception and digging errors. This won't do against UST.

They had been committing the same errors for the past two years already. And UST would win sets 25-23. That's how close they got to winning against UST. But they have been failing because of silly errors like what they displayed today against La Salle.

They should think and outsmart UST. They cannot rely solely on Labrador lest they're going to lose again.

Ayaw ni George Pascua ng ganyan. :D
  • ylle45ylle45 Member PEx Legend 💎
    ^^naalala ko yung season 70 finals.

mas halimaw pa si Edjet kay Labrador.:glee:

I think FEU underestimated UST noong season 70
  • Good Luck sa UST Growling Tigresses. I will definitely watch this Saturday.
  • contabilidadcontabilidad PEx Rookie ⭐
    Recently saw this pic at the UST Growling Tigers Facebook page:

2i058o0.jpg

Go USTe! :D
  • go_tamzgo_tamz Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    @ylle45

it was the story of setting job that did it for FEU. dont want to dig into the past but Jessy did not follow what Coach George wanted so it cost them the championship.

so right now i really think that it would all go down to De Ocampo's setting job once more.
  • creamxcreamx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Good Luck sa UST Growling Tigresses. I will definitely watch this Saturday.

May mga tigresses pa rin? Dati si Torres. Si Ramos ba? Joke.

I think this time malaki chances ng FEU magchampion.

Off Topic. Parang FEU MV ang may pinakamaganda/malinis na uniform.
  • kookiekutterkookiekutter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Dilemma. A part of me wants to see UST on its historic 5-peat, but the other one wants FEU to end this peat. :D

Key Factor of FEU - will definitely be Labrador. Labrador is Labrador. Not as deadly as Edjet, but still deadly, definitely deadly. Pitrus and the rest of the team must denitely step up, especially their libero, Maverick. :bop: FEU needs Pitrus to attack more. Kelangan din nilang maibalik ang blocking nila .

Key Factor of UST - will definitely be their fluidity as a team. Steady silang lahat especially Doloiras, IMO. A good libero, digging and receiving wise. Konting ingat lang talaga sa serve ni Pitrus at Labrador. Jayson clearly needs to step-up kung gusto nilang maka-5peat. Hindi porke asa utility siya eh hindi na siya pupuntos. Peca?a was also utility, pero it does not hinder him to be the Finals MVP last S72.

2 cents. :bop:
  • goodluck sa feu... sana makabawi na this time sa ust.hehe... malakas pa din naman kasi ang uste kahit madami silang key players na nawala... maganda rin siguro gawin din nila madalas na decoy si labrador tulad ng ginawa nila sa lasalle kahapon lalo na kung magaling mag block ang kalaban...
  • BandidoBandido ellenojecyoj PEx Expert 🎖️
    Viva Santo Tomas ..........
  • fattyacidfattyacid 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Go USTe!!!