COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

Pag-aaral at Paghahanapbuhay ng Pag-aaruga o Nursing sa Australia, New Zealand, at Pasipiko

Comments

• b^e^d^a^n wrote: »
    Hello guys,

Anyone here looking at working as a nurse in Australia? Or already in Australia?

I'm an international student myself taking up business fashion in Sydney and I work as an education consultant on the side.

I just want to assist anyone who wants to pursue their career in here as a nurse since it is in demand.

I would also like to gather more info from nurses who are already here.

Hope to hear from all of you!

hi, im already a registered nurse here in the philippines and im quite interested in applying as a nurse in australia. can you please give me some details on how to do the process? where should i start? and does it need a lot of money just like applying a student visa?thank you so much!
  • jay08jay08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^^same here. i'm very much interested in applying in australia. where should we start?
  • dikonaalamdikonaalam the prince of nursing PExer
    jay08 and margaretmay

one of the very first and important requirement that you need to have is an IELTS score. the required score is 7 on every IELTS section, not just the overall score.

then, you should apply for Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration.

here's the link:

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/

there's a form in there for overseas nurses and has a very detailed instruction on how to fill it up.

if after reading the website and the form you still have some questions, I would try to answer it to the best of my knowledge.
  • ee_eeee_ee Member PExer
    dikonaalam wrote: »
    jay08 and margaretmay

one of the very first and important requirement that you need to have is an IELTS score. the required score is 7 on every IELTS section, not just the overall score.

then, you should apply for Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration.

here's the link:

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/

there's a form in there for overseas nurses and has a very detailed instruction on how to fill it up.

if after reading the website and the form you still have some questions, I would try to answer it to the best of my knowledge.

Sir, this is for the bridging program right? I think there's a very long thread regarding this in other nursing forum. Pero what bothers me in Australia, is that, is there an assurance of landing a job after the bridging course(which is super expensive by the way)?
    it is not actually just for the bridging program, but for the whole registration process.

(moderators, allow me to post this link to help nurses know more about nursing registration in Australia)
    http://allnurses.com/international-nursing/new-grad-filipino-501897.html

Bridging programs are expensive. About AU$10,000 on average for the 12 weeks course. Jobs or opportunities after that? It will depend on how impressive the resume of the nurse is, the current employment situation in Australia (which other might say is kinda tough these days), the place where you intend to practice (rural Australia and nursing homes, I think, are the ones with more opportunities), and your determination to land a job (and prayers included).

I guess it's the same with other countries (although not as expensive). You have to risk something in order to gain something. One thing is for sure, Australia is more open than the US as of now.
    dikonaalam wrote: »
    it is not actually just for the bridging program, but for the whole registration process.

(moderators, allow me to post this link to help nurses know more about nursing registration in Australia)
    http://allnurses.com/international-nursing/new-grad-filipino-501897.html

Bridging programs are expensive. About AU$10,000 on average for the 12 weeks course. Jobs or opportunities after that? It will depend on how impressive the resume of the nurse is, the current employment situation in Australia (which other might say is kinda tough these days), the place where you intend to practice (rural Australia and nursing homes, I think, are the ones with more opportunities), and your determination to land a job (and prayers included).

I guess it's the same with other countries (although not as expensive). You have to risk something in order to gain something. One thing is for sure, Australia is more open than the US as of now.

You have a point there. 10,000 USD for 12 weeks. My goodness. That excludes the living expenses, etc. Anyway, to those who have excess money, Australia is definitely the "it" country right now.
  • mysha1989mysha1989 Member PExer
    hi there!
    is the 10,000 USD inclusive of our accomodities? an what visa should we apply?
    mysha1989 wrote: »
    hi there!
    is the 10,000 USD inclusive of our accomodities? an what visa should we apply?

you mean accommodation?

the AUS$10,000 is just for the bridging program. and that's just an average. there maybe schools with lesser fee.

what visa? the short stay business visa, I think, is the most utilized. Since most of the bridging programs run for only 12 weeks, student visa is not normally used for it is intended for programs longer than that.
  • I am currently a registered nurse here in australia. If you are interested in coming here and work, just go to APHRA WEBSITE. Go to this link and read about it http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement/International.aspx

Just read and understand it. On my first year here, it wasn't easy. New culture, homesickness. Malaking bagay na may kapatid ako dito. Mas maganda kung may kilala kayo dito na magtiyatyaga na turuan kayo sa pasikot sikot. Pero I can say na maganda mga benefits dito. You are allowed 6 weeks annual leave. Kung may maipon ka you can have max of 10 or 11 weeks annual leave. You can accumulate 150 days of sick leave on your first year then tataas pa yon. May long service leave dito. On my tenth year of service I can have 17 weeks leave. Then another 8 weeks on the next 5 years and so on. Pwedeng ipunin ito kung gugustuhin.

Then dito, pare pareho sweldo ng nurse sa mga hospital kasi nag bebase sila sa year level ng buong state. Unlike sa US na depende sa hospital. So you can choose a hospital near you na di mag aalala kung saan mas malaki sweldo. Maraming opportunity nurse dito kasi pwede kang mag agency or bank nurse na mas malaki sweldo kasi casual rate. pwede ka mag double job kung gusto mo. Pero tatagain ka naman sa tax nun. Meron din kaming benefit na salary package para makatipid sa tax. Hindi lahat ng occupation meron nitong salary package. Privilege ito ng gov't for nurses.

Yan lang muna. Sana nakatulong. :)
    how did you get there? can you share us yung steps? do you have hospital experience here before you get there? how much did you spend getting there? what type of visa you have?
    jay08

please follow the allnurses.com link that I posted above. It has a lot of info from different users on almost every situation imaginable (no exp, with exp, second coursers, with exp abroad, with only volunteer exp, etc). If you read it from page 1, you'll be very informed about Australian RN registration up to immigration.
  • jay08 wrote: »
    how did you get there? can you share us yung steps? do you have hospital experience here before you get there? how much did you spend getting there? what type of visa you have?

I came here via student visa sponsored by a nursing agency here. I took the pre-registration course for overseas nurses for 3 months. Then I got my registration and my nursing agency shifted my visa to temporary working for 2 years. Then I applied for Permanent residency before I finish my contract with them. Now I am working in a State hospital. I am not sure if there is still a nursing agency here in australia that is willing to sponsor overseas nurses. Pero I won't recommend this. Kasi as agency nurse, you will work in any hospital that they will ask you to work. Mahirap. You better study on your own then hanap ka ng mag iisponsor na hospital. Hospitals here do sponsor overseas nurses.

Yes, i have a hospital experience before coming here kasi requirement sya. At least 2 years experience. Noon ito hindi ko lang alam ngayon. Paiba iba kasi rules and regulations. What i heard nga ngayon eh di na nirerequire ang IELTS ng AHPRA as long na may proof na our method of teaching is english eh okay na yun. IELTS can be really difficult dahil sa required score na kailangan. Just check AHPRA and email them.

Syanga ***, be careful sa mga agency dyan sa atin na nagsasabi na they recruit nurses for australia. Australia never recruit nurses from phils. to work kaagad. You really need to study. May na meet ako dito na nag aaral ng Enrolled nurse kahit nurse na dyan sa atin. Kasi daw ni recruit daw sila ng agency dyan sa atin pero pagdating dito eh *** raw sumalubong sa kanila. Na illegal recruiter sila. Buti na lang at may kamag anak sya dito. Nag aaral sya ng Enrolled nurse dito nung ma meet ko kasi nag clinical sa ward ko. Dito kasi dalawang klase ang nurse. Division 1 or Registered Nurse na tulad nating mga pinoy nurse na nagbibigay ng IV medication at injection. Ang Division 2/Enrolled nurse- cannot give medications. Pero may Enrolled nurse na ENDORSED na ibig sabihin nag aral sila to give medication sa pasyente except IV medication or injections.

Going back sa nakilala kong pinay sa ward. I asked her bakit di Pre-registration course ang kinuha nya since board passer na sya sa atin. Obviously di nya alam ang pasikot sikot sa australian nursing. Kasi naka student visa sya pero Division 2 ang pinag aaralan nya. Hospitals here will never sponsor Division 2 overseas students. Only Division 1. Kaya tip yan sa inyo. Pag board passer na sa atin, come here to study Pre-registration course for Overseas nurses. Few months lang yun. Eh itong Division 2 alam ko 1 year sya nag aral. SAyang nga. kasi di rin sya maiisponsor ng hospital. Unless ituloy nya ng Division 1. I felt bad for her. Nanghinayang din dahil gumastos na sya pero she never thought na dapat hindi Division 2 ang kinuha nya.
    I came here via student visa sponsored by a nursing agency here. I took the pre-registration course for overseas nurses for 3 months. Then I got my registration and my nursing agency shifted my visa to temporary working for 2 years. Then I applied for Permanent residency before I finish my contract with them. Now I am working in a State hospital. I am not sure if there is still a nursing agency here in australia that is willing to sponsor overseas nurses. Pero I won't recommend this. Kasi as agency nurse, you will work in any hospital that they will ask you to work. Mahirap. You better study on your own then hanap ka ng mag iisponsor na hospital. Hospitals here do sponsor overseas nurses.

Yes, i have a hospital experience before coming here kasi requirement sya. At least 2 years experience. Noon ito hindi ko lang alam ngayon. Paiba iba kasi rules and regulations. What i heard nga ngayon eh di na nirerequire ang IELTS ng AHPRA as long na may proof na our method of teaching is english eh okay na yun. IELTS can be really difficult dahil sa required score na kailangan. Just check AHPRA and email them.

Syanga ***, be careful sa mga agency dyan sa atin na nagsasabi na they recruit nurses for australia. Australia never recruit nurses from phils. to work kaagad. You really need to study. May na meet ako dito na nag aaral ng Enrolled nurse kahit nurse na dyan sa atin. Kasi daw ni recruit daw sila ng agency dyan sa atin pero pagdating dito eh *** raw sumalubong sa kanila. Na illegal recruiter sila. Buti na lang at may kamag anak sya dito. Nag aaral sya ng Enrolled nurse dito nung ma meet ko kasi nag clinical sa ward ko. Dito kasi dalawang klase ang nurse. Division 1 or Registered Nurse na tulad nating mga pinoy nurse na nagbibigay ng IV medication at injection. Ang Division 2/Enrolled nurse- cannot give medications. Pero may Enrolled nurse na ENDORSED na ibig sabihin nag aral sila to give medication sa pasyente except IV medication or injections.

Going back sa nakilala kong pinay sa ward. I asked her bakit di Pre-registration course ang kinuha nya since board passer na sya sa atin. Obviously di nya alam ang pasikot sikot sa australian nursing. Kasi naka student visa sya pero Division 2 ang pinag aaralan nya. Hospitals here will never sponsor Division 2 overseas students. Only Division 1. Kaya tip yan sa inyo. Pag board passer na sa atin, come here to study Pre-registration course for Overseas nurses. Few months lang yun. Eh itong Division 2 alam ko 1 year sya nag aral. SAyang nga. kasi di rin sya maiisponsor ng hospital. Unless ituloy nya ng Division 1. I felt bad for her. Nanghinayang din dahil gumastos na sya pero she never thought na dapat hindi Division 2 ang kinuha nya.

hello ate! Sobrang laking help ng post niyo! Thanks for sharing! So I have a few questions for you if you don't mind po. In what you told us, there are two possible ways of going to Aussie.
    1)First, is the bridging course? Ito din ba yung DIVISION 2 na pag-aaralan na sinabi mo dapat kinuha nung nakilala mo?
    2) Second, maghanap ng hospital na willing mag-sponsor at willing naman sila based on your story here. My question is, yun nga lang dapat may experience?
    3)Third, after the bridging course, may assurance ba na makakakuha ako ng work kasi half a million. hello? haha.
    thanks! what school offers pre-registration course? and how much ang gastos for the 3 months na study?
    guys, just for your info, IELTS is now a requirement.
    before we can just request a letter from our high school and college that the medium of instruction is English. But they changed that last month. IELTS score of 7 on all sub test is required.

Before you can enroll to a bridging program, you need to apply to AHPRA first, and they will tell you if you qualify for a program or not.

So if you guys really want to practice nursing in Australia, and have the required 3 months experience for AHPRA registration (and more experience for some bridging program), and have the resources, then start with IELTS, then apply to AHPRA.
  • @ee - If you are a registered nurse sa pinas and with experience inquire ka sa AHPRA. Go to the website na na link ko. Read it and they will tell you the steps to be registered in australia. Hindi dapat Div 2 (enrolled nurse) ang kukunin kundi yung pre-registration course for overseas nurses which is for division 1.

sa second question, kung nandito ka na at tapos mo na ang pre-registration course mo at kung nakuha mo na registration mo, look for a hospital na mag iisponsor. Not necessarily na may experience ka agad dito kasi kakatapos mo pa nga lang ng course mo. kasi magdedepend naman yan sa year level na ibibigay sayo.

for the 3rd question...as far as i know lahat naman ng nakilala ko eh naka assure naman ng work. basta applyan lang lahat ng hospital at may tatawag naman sayo. Or you can also have a choice na mag agency muna kasi sa pagkakaalam ko may mga nurse agency dito na willing din ata na mag sponsor ng temporary working visa basta nandito ka na sa australia at natapos mo na course mo.
  • jay08 wrote: »
    thanks! what school offers pre-registration course? and how much ang gastos for the 3 months na study?

I went to Deakin University here in Victoria state. There are also La trobe and Victoria University. The fee? I am not sure na kasi tagal na nun eh. ;) Pero the last time I heard eh it's more than 10k AUD.

Basta start ka sa AHPRA website. Email them, and nakita ko nga sa isang nag post eh required na raw pala ulit ang IELTS. They will give the details naman.
    @ee - If you are a registered nurse sa pinas and with experience inquire ka sa AHPRA. Go to the website na na link ko. Read it and they will tell you the steps to be registered in australia. Hindi dapat Div 2 (enrolled nurse) ang kukunin kundi yung pre-registration course for overseas nurses which is for division 1.

sa second question, kung nandito ka na at tapos mo na ang pre-registration course mo at kung nakuha mo na registration mo, look for a hospital na mag iisponsor. Not necessarily na may experience ka agad dito kasi kakatapos mo pa nga lang ng course mo. kasi magdedepend naman yan sa year level na ibibigay sayo.

for the 3rd question...as far as i know lahat naman ng nakilala ko eh naka assure naman ng work. basta applyan lang lahat ng hospital at may tatawag naman sayo. Or you can also have a choice na mag agency muna kasi sa pagkakaalam ko may mga nurse agency dito na willing din ata na mag sponsor ng temporary working visa basta nandito ka na sa australia at natapos mo na course mo.

Thanks po ate! I will read aphra's website! At gagawa ng way kung paano makapag-ipon ng .5-1M pesos. I know walang imposible kay God. =D
  • yellowbloodyellowblood Member PExer
    pinayluv2travel: thanks for the all the info you've posted here, really helpful. =) btw you said that you sought an agency's help from there? i just wanna know if you are familiar with shivsans limited/ nurses2asutralia because there is someone who has been in contact with me and i am actually about to pay 1,500AUD for the registration and for my application to move forward. their services include visa processing and assistance in everything such as looking for accommodation and other things. i know a lot would say that an agency is not needed but i prefer to have someone look after my files and give me feedback and process my documents for me. would you know is this agency legit? i just fear na baka mamaya scam to eh. but the person calling me is really from AU. uso din ba diyan ang mga fake agencies?

any input on this will be greatly appreciated. thanks so much! god bless you more.
    yellowblood

check if the agent/agency is registered here.

https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSearch.aspx?FolderID=394

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file