COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Pag-aaral at Paghahanapbuhay ng Pag-aaruga o Nursing sa Australia, New Zealand, at Pasipiko

Comments

• dikonaalamdikonaalam the prince of nursing PExer
    Yes, Academic IELTS.
  • Andy_rnAndy_rn Member PExer
    Anyone studying at UNISA? SP2 here?
  • Andy_rnAndy_rn Member PExer
    Hi! Anyone studying Nursing in South Australia? Pakilala naman
  • EverAfterEverAfter Member PExer
    Hi dikonaalam!

Just curious -- why did you move to Australia from the US?

Thanks. :)
    EverAfter wrote: »
    Hi dikonaalam!

Just curious -- why did you move to Australia from the US?

Thanks. :)

better immigration policy. in short, I didn't want to wait for 6+ years just for the green card.
  • EverAfterEverAfter Member PExer
    Hi dikonaalam,

Thanks for answering my question. :)

So you were under work visa in the US?

I am here in Melbourne (PR - Subclass 189 dependent) and have started applying to AHPRA. Most likely they will ask me to take a bridging course, as my experience were all in Medicine.

I also have a petition in the US, but like you, I could not wait any longer. :)
    EverAfter,

yes I was under H1B.
  • dkhd8dkhd8 Member PExer
    Mr. @dikonaalam, would like to ask po, about the new module assessment of AHPRA for nurse applicants, effective feb 2014. What do you think about it? Which is better the old one or new assessment? Would you advice filipino RN to seek help from IHNA? its kind of expensive. Or just follow AHPRAs program? I was trying to back read your old post about consulting agencies offering study/work program scheme that charged too much! And yet they cannot provide working visa through that program. And you said that, we can do it ourselves by not spending too much compared to consulting agencies' fees.
    May i ask, if you are a division 1 nurse? Most filipino RN chose division 1 right? Thank you po :D
    Division 1 is equivalent to Registered Nurse, so that should be your goal. Yes I am a registered nurse. I'd be very honest, I don't know much about the new assessment and I don't know anything about the bridging program since I did not have to attend one.

INHA is a bridging program provider.
  • rexcastrorexcastro Member PExer
    Check out our new study programs in Melbourne, Australia!

CERTIFICATE IN AGED CARE (III & IV)

Certificate III (39 weeks)

This Certificate III in Aged Care course will give you knowledge on how to provide physical, social and psychological support to the elderly people. You will also be able to deal effectively with people who are with intellectual disabilities. Learn to provide personal care assistance through our course here This qualification gives the skills and knowledge to work as personal care assistants providing personal care to the elderly and assistance with activities of daily living. This course includes training in community settings, including hostels and group homes.

Certificate IV (61 weeks)

This is an advanced course in Aged Care Industry. The certificate holders will have comprehensive skills and knowledge to deal successfully with the possible aged care problems. You will have the opportunity to enter aged care services or community services. Certificate IV in Aged Care is designed to enhance Certificate III in Aged Care (or equivalent) qualifications. The course centres on small group support services, developing community resources, providing assistance in self medication, providing services to an older person with complex needs and providing care support assistance, vitally important to deal with dementia.

ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF BUSINESS (33 weeks)

This qualification reflects the role of individuals with significant expertise in either specialized or broad areas of skills and knowledge who are seeking to further develop expertise across a range of business functions. The qualification is suited to the needs of individuals who possess significant theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational or employment opportunities.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

* Anyone with a bachelor degree can join this program.
    * IELTS with overall band score of at least 5.5. In absence of IELTS, candidates can still apply for the program. Need to take a 20-week English course in addition to the Aged Care or Business programs.

"PAY 50% OF THE TUITION FEE ONCE VISA IS APPROVED. REMAINING 50% CAN BE PAID IN 4 MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS."

For more details, please come to our office for a FREE ORIENTATION AND ASSESSMENT. We work Monday-Friday 9am-6pm. Or call us on the following numbers: (02) 949-8154, 0908-8137586, 0917-8695706.
    993750_179492862256877_1089347740_n.jpg
  • rexcastrorexcastro Member PExer
    Our partner institution in New Zealand offers a broad range of programmes from beginner’s English through to a Master’s degree qualification. Its undergraduate and postgraduate students experience expert, personalised education, and the learning and development of each student is guided by qualified staff who are committed to helping students achieve success.

Our Programmes:

1. English language – this is often the first step towards the achievement of a diploma or degree.

2. Level 5 diplomas, Level 6 diplomas and bachelors’ degrees in the following subject areas:

* International Business
    * Information Technology
    * Tourism Management
    * Hospitality Management

3. Graduate diplomas for students who already hold a bachelor’s degree and wish to broaden their knowledge and skills in another subject area. Our graduate diplomas are offered in:

* International Business
    * Information Technology
    * Tourism Management

4. A Postgraduate Diploma and a Master’s degree in Business Administration.

We also offer a National Certificate in Hospitality (Cafés) (Level 3) for students who wish to gain the practical skills required to obtain work in the hospitality industry.

All the programmes offered are approved and accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), ensuring that the qualification you receive is recognised the world over.

PATHWAY:

All qualifications at Level 5 and above qualify for points under Immigration New Zealand’s Skilled Migrant Category. The Institution's Job Placement Office and Student Job Search Centre can assist students in finding work after graduation, and can recommend consultants who can assist with work permits and permanent residency.

For more information, please visit our office for a FREE ORIENTATION and ASSESSMENT. We work Mondays to Fridays (except holidays), from 9am to 6pm. Or you may contact us at (02) 949-8154, 0908-8137586, 0917-8695706.
    www.headstartvisasupport.com

1898256_213806132158883_333821406_n.jpg
  • dkhd8dkhd8 Member PExer
    Thanks for that info @dikonaalam appreciate it! :-)
  • GodfayaGodfaya Member PExer
    hi to all.. im a RN in the philippines.. i have 3 yrs. paid experience in a tertiary hospital from 2008 to 2011.. but unemployed from 2011 up to present.. my concern is, would they consider my work experience even though i have a work gap of 3 years? if not, what are the steps that i need to do.. need your advises very badly :(... thank you very much to those who could answer..
    Godfaya wrote: »
    hi to all.. im a RN in the philippines.. i have 3 yrs. paid experience in a tertiary hospital from 2008 to 2011.. but unemployed from 2011 up to present.. my concern is, would they consider my work experience even though i have a work gap of 3 years? if not, what are the steps that i need to do.. need your advises very badly :(... thank you very much to those who could answer..

AHPRA recently changed the criteria for assessment, but according to their website you only need at least 3 months work experience out of the last 5 years. Also, you need to provide a CV stating your work experience and also explaining gaps between employment. So while you are out of practice, yo should outline what were you doing. Then,I believe you need to also provide evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) hours, like CPR, ACLS, lecture training, etc.
  • GodfayaGodfaya Member PExer
    dikonaalam wrote: »
    AHPRA recently changed the criteria for assessment, but according to their website you only need at least 3 months work experience out of the last 5 years. Also, you need to provide a CV stating your work experience and also explaining gaps between employment. So while you are out of practice, yo should outline what were you doing. Then,I believe you need to also provide evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) hours, like CPR, ACLS, lecture training, etc.
    hi dikonaalam.. so its a good news for me regarding my work experience.. :) thank you so much for answering my quiries.. one last question.. what if i passed the ielts and finished my bridging program but still cant find any work in australia as a nurse.. can i get other jobs other than being a nusre in australia? or do i have to exit the country? because i saw some posts in other forum that it is very difficult nowadays to find a job as a nurse in aus.. while waiting to be
    hired by hospitals there can i apply for job that is not nursing related? thank you very much :)
    Godfaya wrote: »
    hi dikonaalam.. so its a good news for me regarding my work experience.. :) thank you so much for answering my quiries.. one last question.. what if i passed the ielts and finished my bridging program but still cant find any work in australia as a nurse.. can i get other jobs other than being a nusre in australia? or do i have to exit the country? because i saw some posts in other forum that it is very difficult nowadays to find a job as a nurse in aus.. while waiting to be
    hired by hospitals there can i apply for job that is not nursing related? thank you very much :)

I'd be very honest, it is very difficult to find a nursing sponsorship these days especially for those without a recent nursing experience. If you pass your IELTS and have finished the bridging program, that only means you will be registered as a nurse. It doesn't entitle you to any work rights. That means, depending on the visa you use for the bridging program, you have to exit Australia.

Now for you to stay legally in Australia, you either have to have a work visa (which as I've said, very difficult to get now), or be on a student visa. Whilst on student visa, you have to study full time again and you can only work for 20 hours per week, which really isn't enough for you to survive. This route is very very expensive and has a very high degree of uncertainty towards gaining residency.
  • joycearyaniejoycearyanie Member PExer
    Hi dikonalam, ff.up question regarding your lasts statement. What if i finished the BP and become an australian R.N, then i found any job which can give me a working visa ( if ever) ,it is ok to apply to hospital and look for a sponsor? Is it easy to find any KIND of job there that will give working visa? And, or it is realistic to go back to phil. After the BP then apply to hosp. Or look sponsor there in A.U while staying here in the phil.? Hope u reply. Thanks.:)
  • jenny74jenny74 Member PExer
    dikonaalam wrote: »
    I'd be very honest, it is very difficult to find a nursing sponsorship these days especially for those without a recent nursing experience. If you pass your IELTS and have finished the bridging program, that only means you will be registered as a nurse. It doesn't entitle you to any work rights. That means, depending on the visa you use for the bridging program, you have to exit Australia.

Now for you to stay legally in Australia, you either have to have a work visa (which as I've said, very difficult to get now), or be on a student visa. Whilst on student visa, you have to study full time again and you can only work for 20 hours per week, which really isn't enough for you to survive. This route is very very expensive and has a very high degree of uncertainty towards gaining residency.

hi,everyone...have a nice day!i am new here.please help me. I would like to ask an advice from you guys of what is the appropriate things for me to do.I am a registered nurse in Philippines,and its been a long time ago that i never work in a hospital.Its been more than 10 long years already.Now,i decided to go back to my profession and I'm planning to apply in Australia.what should i do?is there any chances that i would qualify?
    looking forward for your reply guys if you have some idea.

thank you...
    Hi dikonalam, ff.up question regarding your lasts statement. What if i finished the BP and become an australian R.N, then i found any job which can give me a working visa ( if ever) ,it is ok to apply to hospital and look for a sponsor? Is it easy to find any KIND of job there that will give working visa? And, or it is realistic to go back to phil. After the BP then apply to hosp. Or look sponsor there in A.U while staying here in the phil.? Hope u reply. Thanks.:)

When you said "any job", does that mean any job other than nursing? I doubt it. Unless you also have education/training to do that job, like welding, accounting, etc. The Australian government recently tightened the process for work visa nomination and sponsorship so it is unlikely that you will be granted a work visa outside your profession.

You can try applying to nursing homes as an RN. There are nursing homes that sponsor RN's.
    jenny74 wrote: »
    hi,everyone...have a nice day!i am new here.please help me. I would like to ask an advice from you guys of what is the appropriate things for me to do.I am a registered nurse in Philippines,and its been a long time ago that i never work in a hospital.Its been more than 10 long years already.Now,i decided to go back to my profession and I'm planning to apply in Australia.what should i do?is there any chances that i would qualify?
    looking forward for your reply guys if you have some idea.

thank you...

If you have been out of nursing practice for more than 5 years, then you have to do an approved program by the nursing board. This is different from the bridging program. You may be asked to undergo a longer program, such as the 1-2 years conversion program or repeat the whole nursing program here in Australia. This route is very expensive.

Alternatively, if your Philippine licence is still active, you may want to try and see if you can get a nursing job there. The nursing board only requires 3 months out of 5 years of recent experience. The problem is, without substantial nursing experience, it is unlikely that you will find a sponsor/job.

So while it is possible for you to still pursue your Australian dream, you may have to think and rethink before you actually undergo the lengthy and often expensive process. Calculate the risks involved.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file