COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Pag-aaral at Paghahanapbuhay ng Pag-aaruga o Nursing sa Australia, New Zealand, at Pasipiko

Comments

• fallotfallot Member PExer
    dikonaalam wrote: »
    If you decide not to pursue the BP, then you CAN NOT be registered as a nurse here. It's a requirement and there's no other way around it. You can actually opt to do a conversion program, which is longer (ranges from 6 months - 2 years) and obviously more expensive.

Usually 2 years experience is enough for employers to consider your job application. Also beef up on your continuing professional education, such as PALS, ACLS, etc. But that doesn't guarantee that you'll find a job right away. More and more overseas nurses are applying here and nursing shortage is easing. In my area, there's only few vacancies. But again, it will all depend on what you can offer to the employer, like your work experience.

So, if i wanna work as nurse in australia, the easiest way is bridging program,isn't it ?
    Even the cost is really expensive. So, how i solve about the expensive cost, is the sponsor really available for me? or anything that probably can help me ?
    Thank you so much..:)
  • dikonaalamdikonaalam the prince of nursing PExer
    fallot wrote: »
    So, if i wanna work as nurse in australia, the easiest way is bridging program,isn't it ?
    Even the cost is really expensive. So, how i solve about the expensive cost, is the sponsor really available for me? or anything that probably can help me ?
    Thank you so much..:)

Bridging program is the cheapest, easiest, fastest way to be an RN here. But in saying that, I'm only comparing it against the longer programs such as the conversion programs.

You mean how can you offset the expensive cost? It depends on your personal circumstances. With the bridging program, you are not allowed to work because of the visa restrictions. With the conversion programs, which are offered by universities, you will actually be on a student visa, which allows you to work part-time (20 hours per week). Minimum wage is around $15. So you do the math. Overall, it won't be enough to cover the tuition, food, transport, accommodation, etc.

Work visa sponsorship after you get your RN registration is not guaranteed. It's getting difficult now for visa sponsorship because of government regulations. Also, the nursing shortage is easing up. Plus, you'd be competing with other nurses from New Zealand, Ireland, and UK who want to work here and they don't need the bridging program. Then there are hundreds or thousands of Filipino nurses, Indian nurses, and all other nurses from around the world that are currently doing their bridging program or had it done and will look for a job. So there's a lot of competition going on. So yes, there are still some opportunities, but it's getting tougher.
    Bridging program is the cheapest, easiest, fastest way to be an RN here. But in saying that, I'm only comparing it against the longer programs such as the conversion programs.

You mean how can you offset the expensive cost? It depends on your personal circumstances. With the bridging program, you are not allowed to work because of the visa restrictions. With the conversion programs, which are offered by universities, you will actually be on a student visa, which allows you to work part-time (20 hours per week). Minimum wage is around $15. So you do the math. Overall, it won't be enough to cover the tuition, food, transport, accommodation, etc.

Work visa sponsorship after you get your RN registration is not guaranteed. It's getting difficult now for visa sponsorship because of government regulations. Also, the nursing shortage is easing up. Plus, you'd be competing with other nurses from New Zealand, Ireland, and UK who want to work here and they don't need the bridging program. Then there are hundreds or thousands of Filipino nurses, Indian nurses, and all other nurses from around the world that are currently doing their bridging program or had it done and will look for a job. So there's a lot of competition going on. So yes, there are still some opportunities, but it's getting tougher.

Thank you very very much for every detail of information that you give..
    I read this site from the first page till the end, and i feel give up such there's no opportunity for me.
    But, i trust i still have a little hope that i can do this. From all the words you told to me,i feel like such no one way that i can get, but please can you recommended me where i can get my sponsor for paying my BP ? or after i finished my BP and waiting for find a job there ? or what should i do next?
    thank you..
    there's really no such thing as sponsorship to pay for your BP other than your willing parents or relatives. I believe there's an agency that lets you borrow money but I don't know the exact conditions/contract. But I assume they charge an interest.

I've already told you about the possibilities of work sponsorship. Please read my previous entry.

What you should do is really think about what you want to do next. If you are determined to come to Australia, consider all aspects, especially the financial side. I pretty much stated the general overview of things, it's up to you to digest everything and act accordingly.

Good Luck.
  • pusang_miyawpusang_miyaw ask.fm/pusangmiyaw PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    fallot wrote: »
    Thank you very very much for every detail of information that you give..
    I read this site from the first page till the end, and i feel give up such there's no opportunity for me.
    But, i trust i still have a little hope that i can do this. From all the words you told to me,i feel like such no one way that i can get, but please can you recommended me where i can get my sponsor for paying my BP ? or after i finished my BP and waiting for find a job there ? or what should i do next?
    thank you..

I'm not an expert but what I know is it must be your family or a distant relative who's eligible to be your sponsor.

I heard of financial institutions that loan money for BP but I don't know the name of those companies. So you should do your own research for that matter. However, I don't recommend this path because you have to pay them a large sum after the course and it's not easy to find job in Australia anymore. Some of my friends have 2 years nursing experience in the Philippines but 6 months after graduation they still haven't got a job. So just imagine how hard to impossible it is for those who never have work experience at all. You might end up like the other overseas nurses here who went back home after the BP with a big debt waiting for them.

So if you are really serious to pursue this path, either save lots of money for the BP or ask your family or relative to sponsor you.
    I'm not an expert but what I know is it must be your family or a distant relative who's eligible to be your sponsor.

I heard of financial institutions that loan money for BP but I don't know the name of those companies. So you should do your own research for that matter. However, I don't recommend this path because you have to pay them a large sum after the course and it's not easy to find job in Australia anymore. Some of my friends have 2 years nursing experience in the Philippines but 6 months after graduation they still haven't got a job. So just imagine how hard to impossible it is for those who never have work experience at all. You might end up like the other overseas nurses here who went back home after the BP with a big debt waiting for them.

So if you are really serious to pursue this path, either save lots of money for the BP or ask your family or relative to sponsor you.

Thank you so much for ur advice, probably i have to think it over..:)
  • ozavaozava Member PExer
    Marami nag sasabi sa atin na walang kwenta ang student visa? :hmm: agree ba kayo?
    It's not totally "walang kwenta". It has its pros and cons.
  • jay08jay08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ozava wrote: »
    Marami nag sasabi sa atin na walang kwenta ang student visa? :hmm: agree ba kayo?

what do mean walang kwenta?
  • cattivocattivo Moves Like Jagger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hello everyone. :wave:

I just found out about this thread here sa pex and I find very helpful.

Anyway, I'm planning to enroll for a BP in Australia. I just don't know kung ok lang ba pag ang working experience mo ay sa City Health Unit? I have been working for 4 years now and sa first year ko sa CHU, I was assigned at the OPD, tapos nilipat ako sa Birthing Station. Ok lang ba ang experience ko? :)
  • richardrnrichardrn Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    buhayin ko lang po yung thread na ito. im planning to move to Australia or Canada (will be based on my ielts result), ask ko lang po sana kung kumusta po buhay sa quebec? ok po ba dun? marami ba opportunity for nurses sa quebec? can somebody share their experiences or news regarding the life in quebec? thanks!
    Quebec gets more equalisation payments from the Canadian government than most of Canadian provinces. So I guess Quebec's economy is struggling.

Nursing-wise, I have not heard of anyone who actually went through the whole nursing registration procedure. And if you don't know intermediate to advanced French, then it's useless.
    thanks for the info. i prefer Australia but i'm also aware that things are getting harder. i can't afford to throw away millions (na ipangungutang ko pa). kaya i really want to know kung san mas maganda ang opportunity ko mabawi ang gagastusin. anyway, my IELTS exam will be on Nov. 9 which would dictate where country will I go. sana mas mataas para mas marami options. target ko maka 9. heheh.
    My advice is to not let IELTS dictate where you'll go. Instead, let your IELTS adjust to where you want to go. And Quebec doesn't utilise IELTS anyway. The rest of Canada does. But even with that, that doesn't guarantee a visa. Immigration-wise, in my opinion, it's still feasible for nurses to migrate to Australia than in Canada, although with difficulties of course.
  • ADD VALUE TO YOUSELF!!! Learn "How to earn Additional Income anywhere in the Philippines and the World"

Are you an Open-minded and Success-driven individual who are:

STUDENTS ............. wants to learn how to earn Additional Income while studying
    WORKING .............. wants to learn how to earn Additional Income while busy at work
    UNDERGRAD ............ wants to learn how to earn Additional Income even without a job
    BUSINESSMEN .......... wants to learn how to setup a 2nd Business (your Business not doing good)
    RETIREE .............. wants to learn how to have a 2nd career in Business (looking for source of income after retiring)
    HOUSEWIFE ............ wants to learn how to earn Additional Income while at home
    OFW .................. wants to learn how to setup a Business in the Philippines while abroad

LEARN!!! "How to earn Additional Income anywhere in the Philippines and the World". I cannot guarantee that you are qualified but are you Open to the Idea of having Additional Income anywhere in the Philippines and the World ?

For more details, PM me or send me an email to [email protected].

#Business, #Opportunity, #PartTime, #FreeTraining, #AdditionalIncome, #ExtraIncome, #FullTime

P.S: If you decide not to look at this, your decision won't change my life... but it will change yours.

"If you want something you never had, you should be willing to do something that you never done before." #earning while #learning
  • CircumpunctCircumpunct Member PExer
    My advise is to choose Canada, 200k is really overwhelming but if you and your partner can both work in Canada plus the health benefit you can get for residency 200k is not that much, the thing is you have to ease the weather If you have low tolerance in cold weather. Learning French is not bad at all in fact learning new language is doing an upgrade in your pocket. ;)
    so I guess I had an upgrade when I learned Australian English. Lol. Just kidding. But seriously, it seems like it's a different English-derived language at times.

I guess with either Australia or Canada, applicants couldn't go wrong. It's just a matter of certainty on jobs and immigration.
  • CircumpunctCircumpunct Member PExer
    so I guess I had an upgrade when I learned Australian English. Lol. Just kidding. But seriously, it seems like it's a different English-derived language at times.

I guess with either Australia or Canada, applicants couldn't go wrong. It's just a matter of certainty on jobs and immigration.

Australian English is the same with the American English we know the difference is really with their accent, Australians speak faster as if their eating their own tongue. Off course another difference are the locally made idiomatic expression.

In choosing you should consider the country that you will benefit the most (long term goal). I have friends in both country, those that went in Australia went through the academic – work program were in you need to study first before working or side jobs while studying. For that program you have to see that after your contract or lack of job employment your last option is to go back were you came from. The others who went to Canada goes under the provincial nominee program were residency is offered to those qualified applicants, that means that you will have the same benefits with the locals and that includes health care program and pensions. ;)
    Australian English is the same with the American English we know the difference is really with their accent, Australians speak faster as if their eating their own tongue. Off course another difference are the locally made idiomatic expression.

In choosing you should consider the country that you will benefit the most (long term goal). I have friends in both country, those that went in Australia went through the academic – work program were in you need to study first before working or side jobs while studying. For that program you have to see that after your contract or lack of job employment your last option is to go back were you came from. The others who went to Canada goes under the provincial nominee program were residency is offered to those qualified applicants, that means that you will have the same benefits with the locals and that includes health care program and pensions. ;)

I was being sarcastic when I said I had to learn Australian English. And no, it's not that they speak faster, it's more of their accent. And if you're not used to Australian slang (which I should say there's a lot), then it's really difficult to understand. And they have names for everything. And they shorten the words (example, Afternoon is Arvo, Barbecue is barbie).

But in terms of permanent residency application, given that a nurse meets all the qualification, Australia is easier. I got mine within 2 months. And yes, I get free health care, I have access to the pension system, and my Master's degree is subsidised. ;)
    im a little bit envious to both of you. dikonaalam and circumpunct. you both are successful abroad. my problem in australia is that it requires 7 in all bands in IELTS which is difficult. im taking the exam on nov. 9, im trying my best to achieve as high as possible. but if ever i get lower than that, i can take the path that leads to canada. quebec recently opened its door to skilled workers with emphasis on nurses and it's also a great opportunity. circumpunct, what can you say about quebec? is it a good place to live? im asking bec. it's separated from the rest of the states.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file