Home PEx Sports The UAAP Games
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

S74 WVB Game Analysis: DLSU vs ADMU (Finals Game 1) - 02/22/2012

NEXT GAME:

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - Filoil Flying V Arena (The Arena in San Juan):

vs.jpg

2:00 PM - De La Salle Lady Spikers* vs. Ateneo Lady Eagles (Finals Game 1)

* Holds thrice-to-beat advantage

Comments

• DLSU in 4 sets.
  • massukimassuki PEx Rookie ⭐
    DLSU in 3 sets! :D

POG: Mika Reyes
  • greenboy3greenboy3 Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    DLSU sana in kahit ilang sets :D
  • mas maganda kung may showdown sina Tony Atayde at Mama Eagle during the series. :naughty: :glee:
  • rickartrickart 🏹 Archer Squad🥉
    kahit lang sets basta manalo ang DLSU.
  • 5 sets pero W for DLSU :)
  • DLSU in any sets, whats more important is our 7th crown.
  • can somebody explain to me the format for this coming finals? what about the thrice-to-beat advantage?,

is this going to be a best of five series ?? my la salle girls need to win thrice to grab the crown??
  • ^ for DLSU to win this season's championship title, the Lady Spikers have to win two games.

on the other hand, for ADMU to win the title, the Lady Eagles have to beat the Lady Spikers three times.
  • ^ for DLSU to win this season's championship title, the Lady Spikers have to win two games.

on the other hand, for ADMU to win the title, the Lady Eagles have to beat the Lady Spikers three times.

That's fair. I thought La Salle just needs to win one and they're automatically champions. Thanks for the clarification.
  • owvheeerowvheeer PEx Rookie ⭐
    DLSU in 4 sets.
  • It will be an interesting Game 1 of the Finals on Wednesday.

Fans of both squads will take the outcome of the series personally.

La Salle definitely has the upper hand and it's their championship to lose. BUT..

Ateneo will win if:

They serve really big -- Nacachi's and Ho's serve will be too light for the Lady Spikers. Only Valdez's serve will do the most damage to La Salle's reception.

They check Marano's middle and running spikes -- She will be definitely unstoppable on Wednesday.

They let Valdez spike from the back row. Ho, Cainglet and Gervacio will be marked girls. Only Valdez will find her spikes penetrating the strong blocking of La Salle.

They're able to psyche out Cha Cruz who will take the cudgels for her team -- blocking Cruz and digging her spikes can influence the outcome of Cruz's game.

Keys to win: Mindset -- treat each point as if it's match point; Gorayeb's coaching -- Steady the girls to focus on the task at hand as Ateneo will find the game one hell of a roller-coaster ride with the momentum shifting from one side of the court to the other; and crowd support -- they'll be needing all the support they can get from Katipunan and elsewhere; La Salle will be flocking to the Arena en masse on Wednesday.

La Salle will win if they're able to execute their game plan, that is, control the game at the net.

Prediction: Ateneo in 4 hard-fought sets.
  • AriaGMAriaGM Queen Falcon PEx Moderator
    I want the gorgeous Lady Eagles to win this game.

5 sets hopefully..
  • La Salle, victory in 4 sets.

Ateneo, 5 tongues in 3 sets.
  • WEST WINGERWEST WINGER PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Green & White in 2 GAMES!!!!!
  • game 1 is a 'must win' for admu...otherwise, they face the next to impossible task of winning 3 consecutive games ....

if dlsu wins game 1, surely sweep na yan!
  • game 1 is a 'must win' for admu...otherwise, they face the next to impossible task of winning 3 consecutive games ....

if dlsu wins game 1, surely sweep na yan!
  • moymoy_101moymoy_101 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^^^ same as dlsu..i think must win din for them yung game 1. Better pa rin kung may advantage ka sa admu to keep them more pressured...

anyways, goodluck girsl! *okay**okay**okay*
  • chachkovachachkova PEx Rookie ⭐
    sana lang di na si Lumer ang ref dito... good luck to both teams!
  • lucarns_0613lucarns_0613 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Ateneo winning on Wednesday MIGHT change the complexity of the finals series. Although we are all aware of DLSU's stature now, we must realize anything can happen and nothing is impossible.

Well, I just wish for an epic finals clash.. We know for a fact that Ateneo and DLSU has such a rich rivalry history. I hope this series will just bring the best in both teams (and schools) and that volleyball in general,will benefit from this.

And..and...sana wala pong injuries or any untoward incidents na maganap..

btw, kelan ang individual awards? Thanks yow :D