COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Gays and Lesbians in the Philippines

Hi Guys,

First I would like emphasize that I have no problem with gays and lesbian.
That been said, the thought that keeps on bothering me is, why are homosexuals in the Philippines different?

For instance, You will often hear comments from homosexuals from the Philippines that they believe they are women trapped in a man's body or vice versa. You will often see the gays dressed and act like a woman and lesbians who intentionally fattens themselves to cover their boobs and are dressed in a way that not even straight guys would dare. Also they prefer to date straight guys or girls and believe that they can be sincerely inlove with each other.

I dont know, really. I thought before that homosexuals are normally like this but when I went out of the country my eyes opened up to the fact that they are not all like this. I met a lot of lesbians who I would consider pretty and are dressed normally (Skirts, Dressed, Etc), some of them doesn't even like to wear jeans. On top of this they act normal, I mean they act like a real woman. You wouldn't even know until you ask them of their sexual preference. Mind you, they are proud to be homosexuals and they are not even hiding it to anyone. I also saw a lot of gay couple here where I am currently residing and they all dressed and act normal. At first you would think they were just best of friends until they tell you that they are in fact a couple and they are both gay. So gays are actually attracted to other gays and lesbian are attracted to other lesbians, they dont like "straight" guys or girls, which actually makes sence to me. Why would a straight guy have a relationship with a gay unless he is actually not straight but also a gay, the same goes with lesbian.

So what do you guys think? Are gays and lesbians in the Philippines can actually be considered Travesties rather than gay and lesbians?

Comments

• _Hisoka___Hisoka__ Banned by Admin PExer
    dapat sa Alternative Preferences category ito...*okay* dapat ilipat itong thread
  • strandedstrangerstrandedstranger Gab Scardragon PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    While I agree that there are a lot of cross-dressers in the country, I beg the TS to not generalize.

Not all gay men (and bisexuals) cross-dress and you'll be surprised that a lot of gay men actually look, talk and act like a straight guy.
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    tldr.

A lot of them does not know how to have self respect. And it also happens that a lot of them are of the flaming kind.

The rainbow has a wide range of colors, just like humanity and the hetero. A lot of Filipino LBGT members fall into the typical stereotypes and tons of them needs to be educated about self respect.
  • strandedstrangerstrandedstranger Gab Scardragon PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^What is self-respect and how do they lack self-respect?
    If you have to ask, then sorry.
  • sledge2136sledge2136 Member PExer
    well, i mean no offense and this is only based on my own opinion that for me, they kinda look wierd. But hey, eveyone can do what ever makes them happy. Honestly, if I would for example choose who to hire between a gay who dressed presentably (according to the norm of society they live in) or a gay who dressed like drag queen, I would defi itely choose the presentable one who, in my own opinion, took the effort to make himself proper.

I also used to think that I don't care what other people thinks but as I grew older I realize that is actually arrogance in my part. An old friend told me once that making yourself presentable or well mannered is a sign of respect to others. And I believe him. "You have to be dressed for th job"
    imagine, would you be angry if you would dress like a clown and people start laughing at you? Or if you dress like a police officer then suddenly people start asking for your help? Or can you blame other people when they ask if you can cure them when you are dressed like a doctor? I think not.
    strandedstranger: I meant for it as a *****y comment. ;)

Sorry.
    I think it could be the culprit of the great amount of soy Filipinos consume. I read an article once that soy in particular has female hormones, and we filipinos use soy sauce in almost every dishes we cooked.
    ok.....

sure.
    I am serious. Here check this out www.wnd.com/2006/12/39253/ . I couldn't find the original article i read but i think this one is relevant. If that is true then that will explain why most asian country have the kind of gay philippines have.

@strandedstranger, you are right that although the vast majority of gays in the philippines are like travesties., there are exceptional few. I remeber a few i have met before, but i thought that those might be gays who are still about to come out of their closet. Anyway i am talking about the majority of gays in this thread, which as we bought agreed are more like travesties than real gay.
  • secre_keptsecre_kept Member PExer
    sledge2136 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

First I would like emphasize that I have no problem with gays and lesbian.
    That been said, the thought that keeps on bothering me is, why are homosexuals in the Philippines different?

For instance, You will often hear comments from homosexuals from the Philippines that they believe they are women trapped in a man's body or vice versa. You will often see the gays dressed and act like a woman and lesbians who intentionally fattens themselves to cover their boobs and are dressed in a way that not even straight guys would dare. Also they prefer to date straight guys or girls and believe that they can be sincerely inlove with each other.

I dont know, really. I thought before that homosexuals are normally like this but when I went out of the country my eyes opened up to the fact that they are not all like this. I met a lot of lesbians who I would consider pretty and are dressed normally (Skirts, Dressed, Etc), some of them doesn't even like to wear jeans. On top of this they act normal, I mean they act like a real woman. You wouldn't even know until you ask them of their sexual preference. Mind you, they are proud to be homosexuals and they are not even hiding it to anyone. I also saw a lot of gay couple here where I am currently residing and they all dressed and act normal. At first you would think they were just best of friends until they tell you that they are in fact a couple and they are both gay. So gays are actually attracted to other gays and lesbian are attracted to other lesbians, they dont like "straight" guys or girls, which actually makes sence to me. Why would a straight guy have a relationship with a gay unless he is actually not straight but also a gay, the same goes with lesbian.

So what do you guys think? Are gays and lesbians in the Philippines can actually be considered Travesties rather than gay and lesbians?

parang nakapagtataka kung bakit naging transsexuality ang homosexuality. parang lahat ng mga homosexuals dito ay iniisip na trap sila sa sex na ninassign sa kanila. i am wondering this until this time, bisexual ako.
  • koleenutchkoleenutch Member PExer
    May iba iba kasing type ng lesbians, may butch or dyke na nagdadamit lalaki talaga, sila yung mga feel na feel na masculine sila. Meron din namang femme, sila yung super girly girly manamit pero mas prefer pa rin nila ang babae. At yung sa Pinas naman, depende na rin siguro sa kultura, ganun na ang kultura nila e.
  • KittyPawKittyPaw Member PExer
    I was googling some les stuff and this PEX topic showed up.. :lol:

@ TS, how ignorant of you.

Er, sorry for being blunt and coming off as rude but goodness gracious these observations and conclusions of yours tickle me to no end. Allow me to enlighten and expand your very limited and narrow-minded view of us "gays and lesbians". :naughty:

But first, let's get our facts straight muna oks?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lesbian
    Definition of LESBIAN
    : a woman who is a homosexual

Ang sabi jan e, a WOMAN who is a homosexual. Klaro? Ang sabi lang e woman. How a woman carries herself, nasa kanya na yun. Porque homosexual o lesbiana, hindi automatic e mahilig na sila mag palda or mag pantalon. Ibig sabihin ng lesbiana ay, isang babae na mahilig sa kapwa nya babae. So if I tell you now, hey TS, I'm a lesbian. What stereotype pops into that brain of yours?

Bihis lalaki? Feeling lalaki? Oooohh. Well, what if I tell you that I wear make up, dress and carry myself "like a typical girl"? LoL. Meron din jan iba, bihis at kilos lalaki na lesbiana. You see, madami iba't ibang klaseng lesbiana. Meron din jan, kahit bihis at kilos lalaki sila e masaya pa rin sila for having what they have between their legs. Yung iba naman na feeling nila trapped in a woman's body lang sila and that lalaki talaga sila, well, these kind of people usually get a sex op done-- eventually. We call them, transvestites.

Ang mga nakikita mo sa US, same lang yan dito sa Pilipinas. Ang pinagkaiba? Hindi mo lang alam. Period. Hindi mo alam that they exist kasi in our society, homosexuality is more often than not, frowned upon. Yang kilala mong babaeng babae na matagal mo na nililigawan at hindi ka pa rin sinasago hanggang ngayon e, hindi mo alam, hindi kayo talo? Ang gusto nya, babaeng babae din tulad nya. :)) Ang tawag namin jan sa LGBT world e, "femme to femme". Alam mo yun? Ibig sabihin, isang kilos at bihis babae e nagkakagusto lang siya sa kapareho nyang babae na bihis at kilos "babae" din. Meron din, femme to butch. Yung isa e bihis at kilos lalaki tas yung type nya e yung bihis at kilos babae.

Ay kapagod na mag explain. Basta ito tandaan mo, wag kang mag stereotype. At sino ka ba para mag judge sa isang tao kung paano siya mag bihis at kung ano ang proper? Nakakatawa ang iyong pagka ignorante.
  • Maybe limitado lang sa mga beauty salons, comedy bars, at mga kunduktors ang enkuwentro mo sa gay community sa atin kaya ganyan ang pananaw mo. I have met a lot of gays and lesbians and they are no different from straight people. Most of them are single professionals and take care of themselves well.
  • It's all about culture and other people's attitude or treatment towards homosexuals.

Your interraction towards the local homosexuals might have been limited to comedy bars and tv's.
    The Filipino homosexuals come in different shapes and sizes.

There are of course these flamboyant ones who dress like girls, act effeminate and really try to catch straight men for a boyfriend. But, you know, our culture has been acustomed to have been very accepting and friendly towards gays and these kind of benign or friendly attitude towards the homosexuals have long been nailed or rooted to us way back the Pre-Spanish Colonial Period, wala pa ang mga Kastila dito itinuturing na talaga natin ang mga kabaklaan bilang kapantay natin sa ating lipunan. Dahil dito, ang mga Filipino gays aren't afraid to express themselves in the open.

On the other hand, the Western Society may seem to have a very liberal view towards homosexuality with all the laws being passed to protect their rights and all. But, the common citizens' behaviour towards the homosexuals really speaks for the Opposite. HateCrimes have been Prevalent in the West with mostly all or a very big percentage of these Hate Crimes against the LGBT Community in the West being left Unreported or much even worse Unsolved due to the Discrimination that is still so much into the systems of the common westerner. You can ask a random westerner in the street on his or her opinions or views regarding the flambouyant type of homosexuals and be surprised of the heavily Negative response that you're gonna get.

Due to these, the western government had to Pass Laws which will protect these pitiful homosexuals from the probable Hostilities that they might encounter from these overly Hated straight western citizens of the west, since that is really their job anyway, to protect each and every citizen who resides in their beloved country. Moreso, the western homosexuals have also taken the Precautionary Measures to dress, look, and Act straight so as to Protect themselves from these earlier said HateCrimes and other various Hostilities targeted against them.

Sa Tagalog, Takot silang maidentify talaga na gay dahil baka mabugbog or even worse mapatay pa sila ng mga straight na haters dahil lang sa rason ng pagiging bakla.
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Gay in America:
    Wentworth-Miller.jpg

Gay in England:
    John-Barrowman-image-john-barrowman-36440683-600-850.jpg

Gay in Pinas:
    10257758_612184492190543_2212119844888173877_n.jpg
  • temptationofwifetemptationofwife Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Salvation Prayer - The Simple Steps:

1. Acknowledge in your heart that Jesus is Lord.
    2. Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord.
    3. Believe that Jesus died for your sins and was raised three days later.
    4. Repent of your sins and get baptized in the name of Jesus.

Salvation Prayer - Merely a Tool to Communicate Our Faith
    "God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."

If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.

Get baptized as commanded by Christ.

Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.

Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.

Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.

Find a local church where you can worship God 

TITO DUDS  09106371006  VICTORY CHURCH  SM MARILAO SUNDAYS 10AM,  12NN

• temptationofwifetemptationofwife Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

G - GO TO A CHURCH WHERE BIBLE IS BEING TAUGHT

R - READ YOUR BIBLE EVERYDAY.  DONT MISS A DAY.

O - OBEY GOD IN EVERY THING,

W - WITNESS AND TELL OTHERS ABOUT JESUS.

2 Peter 3:18

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

TITO DUDS , 09106371006   VICTORY CHURCH SM MARILAO  10AM / 12NN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file