PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

US Visa Help Thread II

lola ko at ako e magaapply for a tourist visa. lola ko 66 yrs old at ako 16 yrs old. my bahay po lola ko dito, store and pension. walang bank account pero may sponsor po kami sa us. nkatravel na po kami sa ibang countries, uk, japan & hongkong. may chances po ba para magrant *** visa namin?:mecry:

Comments

• Filipino citizens require visas before traveling to the United States. This is applicable for whatever the purpose and length of the visit. Nonimmigrant visa applicants aged 20 and below are required to appear with at least one parent for the interview. If the minor is orphaned or if both parents are outside of the Philippines, a legal guardian must be present during the interview.

Nonimmigrant Visa Application Process:

Payment of non-refundable and non-transferable application fee – Applicants must pay the machine-readable visa application fee, which is based on the purpose of the trip or visa category. The fees are as follows, effective June 4, 2010:
    US$140 – B1/B2, C1/D, F, J, and all other NIV categories not listed below (Visitor/Transit/Student)
    US$150 – H, L, O, P, Q, and R (Temporary Worker)
    US$350 – K (Fiancée)
    US$390 – E (Investor/Trader)

The applicant must have their passport number on-hand in order to pay the fee, as this will be tied to the MRV fee paid at the bank. 4 hours after the cash payment has been made, the payment will be activated. For online payments, it will take 24 hours for the payment to be activated.

3 ways to pay the MRV fee:
    Pay in cash at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch
    Pay through online bill payment option provided by BPI for their customers
    Online payment through Bancnet

The payment is valid for 1 year after the date of actual payment. The interview must fall within the 1-year validity.
    Prepare the required documents before appointment can be made – Additional documents may be required. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit does not accept documents before the interview, except in the case of Treaty Trader (E1) and Treaty Investor (E2) visa applications. Any documents received will not be returned and destroyed, with the exception of the passport.

General Requirements – B1 and B2 Visa (Business and Tourism Visit):
    DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application – The DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application must be completely and properly filled. The DS-160 can be accessed from the Consular Electronic Application Center website.
    Signed Philippine passports with validity of at least 6 months from the date of intended departure from the United States. The passport must be in good condition. Applicants must also present previously issued passports or notarized affidavits of loss, if applicable.
    1 standard 2″ x 2″ photograph, must meet State Department specifications.
    Copies of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approvals of extensions of stay or change of status, if applicable.
    Proof of relationship (if applying with/for dependent/s)
    Original marriage certificate printed on Philippine National Statistics Office security paper, if applicable (if applying with a spouse/child)
    Original birth certificate printed on Philippine National Statistics Office security paper (for dependent/s)
    Evidence of ties and financial status of the applicant, or the applicant’s parent, if minor, in the Philippines.
    For business travel: a letter from a US organization detailing the purpose of trip, the intended length of stay, and the company’s plan to defray costs, if applicable. Those traveling on business for a Philippine-based employer must present a letter from the employer detailing the travel and business plans and include dates of travel.
    For touristic/pleasure travel: documents concerning purpose and length of trip and demonstrate ability to cover the costs of the trip.
    Schedule an interview by booking an appointment – Call (02) 982-5555 and (02) 902-8930 for those within the Philippines, and other countries aside from mainland United States. Call (214) 571-1600 for those within mainland United States. Appointments can also be booked online through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph.
    Attend the scheduled interview – All applicants must appear at the Embassy for an interview, except government officials traveling on official business and applying for A1, A2, G1, G2 or G4 visas. Applicants must ensure that they arrive at the Embassy gate at least 15 minutes before the time listed on their appointment letter.

Applicants must remember to bring all the basic application requirements detailed above, including the interview appointment letter, DS-160 confirmation page, valid passport, one 2″ x 2″ photograph and all prior passports and US visas, if available. A government-recognized photo ID must also be presented upon entry.
    The consular officer will inform the applicant whether they qualify for a US visa at the conclusion of the interview. If a visa has been approved, the passport with the US visa will be delivered by courier service to an address provided by the applicant when they made the appointment. It is important to note that if the applicant will not be present at the time of the delivery of the passport, he or she must leave an authorization letter with a representative to receive the passport on their behalf. A government-recognized photo ID of both the applicant and representative must be presented at the time of delivery. The authorization letter must also bear the signatures of both the applicant and representative.

http://touringbuddy.com/visa-requirements-philippine-passport-holders-%E2%80%93-united-states-united-states-america/

“The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G. K. Chesterton

Visa requirements to visit other country
    http://touringbuddy.com/
  • doggonegirldoggonegirl My Zaizai PExer
    mhaica wrote: »
    lola ko at ako e magaapply for a tourist visa. lola ko 66 yrs old at ako 16 yrs old. my bahay po lola ko dito, store and pension. walang bank account pero may sponsor po kami sa us. nkatravel na po kami sa ibang countries, uk, japan & hongkong. may chances po ba para magrant *** visa namin?:mecry:

dale kayo for having a sponsor in the US. Siguro kung immigration kayo, puede yan, pero since tourist visa, big disadvantage yan. But you can try, but bye bye lang sa fee nababayaran nyo kung madeny man. non-refundable
  • Pharmacist GeePharmacist Gee Thomasian Pharmacist PExer
    Guys please continue to post here all your inquiries about US Visa.

Masyado na mahaba ang first thread at mahihirapan tayo na balikan ang mga old post doon. :(

Here is the link to the first thread:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265888

Good luck sa lahat ng nag-aaply for a US Visa! *okay*
    I have an interview at the US Embassy here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on the 27th of February. Hopefully ma-renew ang visa ko. :)
  • KopeLandKopeLand Member PExer
    I have an interview at the US Embassy here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on the 27th of February. Hopefully ma-renew ang visa ko. :)

Uso din ba VRP dyan? o normal application yan?
    KopeLand wrote: »
    Uso din ba VRP dyan? o normal application yan?

I went through the normal application again. Btw, what is VRP?
  • bernettebernette Member PExer
    hi..this is my first time to log in...and i want to thank all those who wrote here from 2006 till 2012...i read all ur messages and was able to get tips on how to file the application form of us visa online and how to answer questions of the visa officer.
    i had my vrp last feb 10, 2012...and thank God i was given a renewal till 2022...it really paid off that i read all the messages or blogs because i learned a lot from the forum.
    I was just asked about my longest stay, times i had been to usa by a filipina and then the fingerprint in front of an american who asked my name and birthday...i was at the us embassy from 7:30 am till 9:30 am
    To all who plan to have their us visa interview, i advice to read all the messages in the forum (it will takes hours and hours to read them all), read the site of us embassy familiarize the questions, photo requirements, find a site what are the questions ask in DS 160, pray before u fill up the form (to minimize errors), and definitely more prayers before and after the interview.
    Once again, thanks to all the Pexers.
  • lyonell1989lyonell1989 2 RINGS >> 2 MVP PExer
    malaki ba ang chance ma approve for a US tourist visa kapag may canadian visa na? kaka approve lang din namin at nabigyan kami ng tourist visa for 5 years.

Im only 22 years old, working at an automotive company earning an average of 20k/month (allowance +comission). nagkaroon na din ako ng UK and Schengen Visa.
  • gooseberrygooseberry very loosey PExer
    The Visas might put you in a good spot but are there travel stamps on your passport?

My cousin breezed though it when we applied for a visa before as he had so many visas and travel stamps on his passport.
  • lyonell1989lyonell1989 2 RINGS >> 2 MVP PExer
    gooseberry wrote: »
    The Visas might put you in a good spot but are there travel stamps on your passport?

My cousin breezed though it when we applied for a visa before as he had so many visas and travel stamps on his passport.

yup, i have travel stamps at U.K and Schengen countries,problem is wala na yung visa ko, expired na at nasa luma kong passport. Hindi ko pa gagamitin *** canadian visa kasi kailangan din muna namin magkaroon ng US Visa for our group tour.
  • hteirahteira Member PExer
    ask ko lang po what b expected mong pera pg tatlo yung mgttravel? ksama na yung ticket?ok n b *** 700k s bank account.2wiks lang *** balak nmen n mgstay dun.bale s uncle ng live-in partner ko kame mgstay if mbbgyan ng visa.
  • Al3xiaAl3xia Member PExer
    Question guys.

im applying for the second time for a US tourist visa. The thing is i mentioned/indicated before that i'm self employed which is true. I have a cafe under my name. Now my family also owns a business and is under a corporation which points me as the VP. Can i maybe change my occupation this time? like im employed by our company and im working as the Admin officer which is also true.

i'm just wary that they'll suspect that i'm lying or something.
  • granslime_28granslime_28 sightseeing global wonders
    how to apply US B-2 (tourist) visa in Philippines and in Kuwait as Philippine passport holder ...

http://www.theviewingdeck.com/2011/12/how-to-get-us-visa-as-philippine.html
  • virstudvirstud Member PExer
    hteira wrote: »
    ask ko lang po what b expected mong pera pg tatlo yung mgttravel? ksama na yung ticket?ok n b *** 700k s bank account.2wiks lang *** balak nmen n mgstay dun.bale s uncle ng live-in partner ko kame mgstay if mbbgyan ng visa.

Tickets fare is roughly $1k to 1.2K(economy) on non-peak season for eac pax. Since you will be staying with your relatives, sobra na yan for 3 execpt kung panay shopping ang gagawin nyo dun.

However, if you are just applying visa yet and your bank account is just P700K, it may or may not convince the VO that your money is enough to travel to the USA.
    Al3xia wrote: »
    Question guys.

im applying for the second time for a US tourist visa. The thing is i mentioned/indicated before that i'm self employed which is true. I have a cafe under my name. Now my family also owns a business and is under a corporation which points me as the VP. Can i maybe change my occupation this time? like im employed by our company and im working as the Admin officer which is also true.

i'm just wary that they'll suspect that i'm lying or something.

Yes, it would be good if you can bring your appointment letter. You can still maintain your old business and still be employed anyway as long as there is no business conflicts.
  • Al3xiaAl3xia Member PExer
    virstud wrote: »
    Yes, it would be good if you can bring your appointment letter. You can still maintain your old business and still be employed anyway as long as there is no business conflicts.

by appointment letter you mean the docs stating my position in the company? lol sorry i was confuzzled.
    Al3xia wrote: »
    by appointment letter you mean the docs stating my position in the company? lol sorry i was confuzzled.

yes, on a corporate setup, you don't just put someone as the company President, he or she must be appointed by the corporation.
    I suggets you study your company bylaws just to make sure.
  • hteirahteira Member PExer
    virstud wrote: »
    Tickets fare is roughly $1k to 1.2K(economy) on non-peak season for eac pax. Since you will be staying with your relatives, sobra na yan for 3 execpt kung panay shopping ang gagawin nyo dun.

However, if you are just applying visa yet and your bank account is just P700K, it may or may not convince the VO that your money is enough to travel to the USA.

so dapat po more than a million yung laman nung bank account na papakita namen sa consul pag tatlo yung magttrip?dun po ba s 1.2k na ticket kasama na yung mga tax at charges sa airport o bukod pa un?may isa pa po akong tanong sa palagay ninyo dapat ko pa ba sabihin na nurse ako pero meron naman ako business sa akin nakapangalan(internet cafe).kasi madame na ako nababasa dito na mga nurses sila at denied agad.mas ok po ba na ilagay ko na lang sa ds 160 na businesswoman na lang ako?since businessman din naman yung live-in partner ko.
  • kitchi_vainkitchi_vain Member PExer
    i've already submitted the online application for tourist visa.. kaso b1/b2 ang nilagay ko na purpose.. dapat yata b2 lang? haha! does it matter pa ba? also yung appointment mas ok ba if through call center gawin? sa online kasi may travel ako sa available dates...

thanks!
  • KopeLandKopeLand Member PExer
    i've already submitted the online application for tourist visa.. kaso b1/b2 ang nilagay ko na purpose.. dapat yata b2 lang? haha! does it matter pa ba? also yung appointment mas ok ba if through call center gawin? sa online kasi may travel ako sa available dates...

thanks!

I dont remember anything sa form na ang dapat isagot ay B1/B2?? Di ba dapat ang sagot sa purpose for example ay "Travel for pleasure, vacation, etc" :)

Anyway, kung na submit mo na at di na pede baguhin, it doesn't matter, ma ve verify naman yan during the interview.

Ang sabi sa kin before nung call center agent na kausap ko, kung ano daw ang nakikita ko na schedule online, ay yun lang din ang nakikita nila. So again, it doesnt matter kung online or sa call center, pero try mo na din through the call center.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file