Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

A filipina/filipino or a foreign partner and why?

Hi Guys,

I saw a lot of thread here about filipino guys/gals wanting "American girls/boys". So I created this thread. Why don't you share what culture is your preference when it comes to partnership and why.


I will throw in my opinion:
Preference: Spanish woman (from Spain, not latin american)
Why: Beautiful (subjective), Strong woman (Spain has the strongest womens' rights activist), Their are not "twetums" or "Cuties" (I don't know the right term but those girls who are too vain or kikay), They cook paella and callos (my favorite), Why? because my wife is spanish and if she sees this thread and I put Cuban Woman because of their nice ***** (Not that I like them, this is just an example) she would kill me.

SCORE RECAP: Here is the score so far from your posts

FILIPINO GUYS' PREFERENCE:

Culture Score:

Spanish - 1

Traits Score:

Because they are Strong - 1
Because they are Beauty - 1
Because They will Accept me - 1
Because they Cook good - 1


FILIPINA GALS' PREFERENCE

Culture Score:

Filipino - 1
British - 1
Italian - 1
Japanese - 1
Korean - 1
Australians - 1

Traits Score:

Because they are Sweet/Romantic - 2
Because they are Gentlemen - 2
Because they are handsome - 2
Because they are conservative - 1
Because they are Cute - 1
Because they are Funny - 1



MOST UNPOPULAR TRAIT : LIBERAL/WILD

Comments

  • Wala sa lahi kundi nasa ugali ... common sense.

    --
    my_2_cents
  • Sasabihin naman ng Spanish Woman:

    Preference: Not Filipino

    :lol:
  • i think you are missing the point here. People's "ugali" is influence mostly by their culture, how and where they are brought up. Experience they had in life is what usually dictates how they will react in a certain situation. So for example , filipinos are in general hospitable because we were brought up that way, while on the other hand other cultures are not that trusting because probably of histories of conflicts they had in the past.
    Please keep in mind that I said culture and not race since a filipino by nationality who grew up in USA will for sure have that countrie's culture and will in fact live and react accordingly, wouldn't you say? So please do not misunderstand this thread for something racist.
  • Sasabihin naman ng Spanish Woman:

    Preference: Not Filipino

    :lol:

    Mmm..maybe, but that's off topic. Let them create their own threads.
  • pushpoppushpop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Pinoy pa din for me.

    I find foreign guys too liberal and a bit wild. Granted, the ones I've gotten to know are in their 30s and below, so maybe they haven't matured yet, and we met while traveling, so maybe they were projecting a different persona, I dunno. :hmm:

    But I cant picture myself with someone who lives like that :no:
  • freshbabefreshbabe PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    -kung papipiliin ako ng foreigner. Gusto ko -tamed. Saka ayoko ng matandang-matanda. If possible same age or younger.

    -Brittish siguro, I haven't met one. Pero speaking from a story I learned from a colleague. Sobrang sweet daw, treats you like a princess. They are laid-back lang. Di talaga wild, or maiingay. At sila lang yung gwapo ang features na caucasian- next to Aussies. Aussies naman are very adventurous-outdoorsy type(judging from my relative & diba si Marc Nelson(half-aussie). I couldn't keep up w/ that kind of lifestyle. :D

    -Italians din-parang romantic & conservative type. :rotflmao:

    -If Asian -Japanese or Korean guys. Cute kasi. Japanese -funny sila. Ewan ko I've seen random Japanese guys(sa labas nakasabay ko sa mall or anyplace)-they are "slapstick" funny. Koreans -ang cute din... saka mysterious. Manners nga lang medyo-lacking.
  • pushpop wrote: »
    Pinoy pa din for me.

    I find foreign guys too liberal and a bit wild. Granted, the ones I've gotten to know are in their 30s and below, so maybe they haven't matured yet, and we met while traveling, so maybe they were projecting a different persona, I dunno. :hmm:

    But I cant picture myself with someone who lives like that :no:

    Not all foreign guys (NOT FILIPINO) are liberal or wild. Like what freshbabe said, british guys are more timid and gentle. But , yap I must admit, the majority of us filipinos are shy-types and for this reason I guess we act more conservative.
    freshbabe wrote: »
    -kung papipiliin ako ng foreigner. Gusto ko -tamed. Saka ayoko ng matandang-matanda. If possible same age or younger.

    -Brittish siguro, I haven't met one. Pero speaking from a story I learned from a colleague. Sobrang sweet daw, treats you like a princess. They are laid-back lang. Di talaga wild, or maiingay. At sila lang yung gwapo ang features na caucasian- next to Aussies. Aussies naman are very adventurous-outdoorsy type(judging from my relative & diba si Marc Nelson(half-aussie). I couldn't keep up w/ that kind of lifestyle. :D

    -Italians din-parang romantic & conservative type. :rotflmao:

    -If Asian -Japanese or Korean guys. Cute kasi. Japanese -funny sila. Ewan ko I've seen random Japanese guys(sa labas nakasabay ko sa mall or anyplace)-they are "slapstick" funny. Koreans -ang cute din... saka mysterious. Manners nga lang medyo-lacking.


    mmm..In Spain british are known to always complain about everything. Hotels employees doesn't like them, they said that british, in general, will ask for compensation even for the tiniest inconvenience you cause them. But yap, I guess when it comes to their women, they treat them like a princess.

    Italians on the other hand are really sweet, even thei woman but beware cause they are known to cheat on you, and yes even their women cheats

    About Japanese and Koreans, I never met one so I have no opinion
  • Guys,

    Please remember to post the reason why. I am trying to consolidate the data from this thread.

    I think this will be interesting, with this we can have an Idea mostly of Filipinos preference when it comes to relationship
  • Sa akin only chinese girls or mestizas (chinese guy here).

    Bawal ako magasawa ng pinay, and thankfully di ko rin type mga pinay hehe.

    Ok lang sa parents ko caucasian pero wala naman ako nakikilala masyadong caucasian girls e.
  • Sa akin only chinese girls or mestizas (chinese guy here).

    Bawal ako magasawa ng pinay, and thankfully di ko rin type mga pinay hehe.

    Ok lang sa parents ko caucasian pero wala naman ako nakikilala masyadong caucasian girls e.

    Bawal ang Pinay pero ayos ang Caucasian ... racist uhugin beho family bakit hindi kayo bumalik sa China at nakikitira kayo sa Pinas.... :glee:

    --
    my_2_cents
  • Sa akin only chinese girls or mestizas (chinese guy here).

    Bawal ako magasawa ng pinay, and thankfully di ko rin type mga pinay hehe.

    Ok lang sa parents ko caucasian pero wala naman ako nakikilala masyadong caucasian girls e.


    Hi dashingdevonair,

    You have to be specific with what you think are mestizas since by definition mestizas are crossbreed of Spanish and Indegenious people. If that is the case then the mestizas in the philippines would also be filipinas, but I think real mestizas in the Philippines are dieing breed.
  • Alas!!! There is no option to edit the thread so I cannot update the scores. I wish I know how to put poll on the thread
  • my_2_cents wrote: »
    Wala sa lahi kundi nasa ugali ... common sense.

    --
    my_2_cents

    *okay**okay*
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Stereotypes, it makes you feel better about your bad choices in life.
  • Stereotypes, it makes you feel better about your bad choices in life.

    What does stereotypes got to do with your choices in life exacty?
  • My current girlfriend is Caucasian (German descent).. I seem to attract foreign girls a lot more as opposed to Filipina ones. I personally notice that pinays usually like skinny guys as opposed to chubby guys so I never had a pinay gf.
  • I think it's very interesting to be with someone from a different culture. A least for me, it has been a great adventure. I must admit there are ups and down, and most of the time our principles collide with each other and create conflicts, but I would never have it any other way.

    What I like most are the things we learn from each other, things like how people lived from her side of the world, Their way of life that would have been impossible for me to imagine, history of other culture which became more colorful to experience than to read in books. I guess eversince I was a child I have always been fascinated with people's way of life from the other part of the world, and this same fascination have brought me to my wife and her to me. I guess I can literally say that we can see the world in each other's eyes. I love the enthusiasm I see in her eyes everytime I tell her stories of my culture, stories about how my ancestors have fought the spanish iron swords and armors with bamboo spears and shields, how they dodged bullets from muskettes to get close enough to strike with a razorsharp machete, that even though they were superior in technology we stood our ground. I must admit, most of the time I exaggerate my stories :love: and I knew she knew it, but nevertheless she listens to it with excitement :rolleyes:.

    Years together and still we have a lot to learn from each other, still a lot of stories to tell. We have never had any dull moments in our relationship and It's seems like it was just yesterday when we first met. We went across the world to be with each other and we will cross it again to stay together if we have to......
  • my_2_cents wrote: »
    Wala sa lahi kundi nasa ugali ... common sense.

    --
    my_2_cents

    I agree.

    With that being said though I prefer Caucasian compared to Pinoys in general. I dunno how to enumerate the reasons why I prefer them.. siguro it's a combination of factors:
    - intellect (we share the same interests :D, hirap naman maka-relate sa di masyadong maka-gets diba)
    - more loyal (knock on wood; notice ko talaga na Pinoy men tend to stray)
    - willing to do housework (it's no big deal for them to do the work around the house)
    - looks (mas gwapo talaga in general no matter which way you look at it)

    Siguro ang problema lang (I'm with a Brit) is with regards to finances. I came from a Fil-Chinese family kasi and we just look at expenses differently. He thinks I'm a spendthrift although pera ko naman yun and not careful with money.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sledge2136 wrote: »
    What does stereotypes got to do with your choices in life exacty?

    Well brother you obviously chose from you base understanding of culture and how that preordains one characteristic in individuals. :glee:

    I've gone out with women from different cultures and races. It really comes down to (and psychology/research will back this up) how comfortable you are with that individual and her personal/unique/individual attributes that compliments/match yours. That's why if you go to any dating websites and matchmakers (modern) you'll learn that they base their 'winning formula' from compatibility studies.

    The whole opposites attract myth is BS. And cultural difference, like any other difference, will apply to the friction that constitutes/make-break a good relationship.

    The reason why people from different culture in a relationship work is the individual characteristic that match with that certain person.

    This whole fascination of yours with her being 'different' is just like the fascination of any same culture relationships in the beginning---that honey moon stage of wanting to know more about that person, wanting to be in loved and be loved. What does she like, what makes her tick, I want to know more, about her family, her origins, I want to share mine. Yaddah yaddah yaddah. Been there done that. In the end when that enthusiasm wears out, when the stories and childish simplification are too boring, when romanticism about the past that you don't really know about (really ancestral warfare? Fetish!) you'll see that you're just like anyone and everyone else: what you'll notice is her individual flaws and that she isn't what you generalize her to be (yes she farts and it stinks).

    What you're suffering from my friend is delusion of fetishist attraction----go to Redtube and you'll notice why the "Interracial" category is visited by so many.
Sign In or Register to comment.