Home PEx Sports NBA
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

John Wall versus Kyrie Irving

Marshall_MattersMarshall_Matters PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
If you will start a franchise in the NBA and given a choice between John Wall and Kyrie Irving, who would you pick as the team's centerpiece?

Comments

• dudelebowskidudelebowski PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Irving is already better IMO.
  • kyrie irving is better.
  • Kyrie Irving.

He's more complete than John Wall. Shooting, passing, basketball IQ, etc.

Most important, though, is the basketball IQ. Wall plays very wild on the court. Yes, he's an athletic point guard, but, he's relying too much on his athleticism at some times that he's being reckless with the ball.

Irving plays very controlled. And IMO, he plays more mature than the sophomore Wall.
  • Irving seems better cos he is forced to pad the stats and Wall is having the sophomore slump.
    Irving seems better cos he is forced to pad the stats and Wall is having the sophomore slump.

Disagree with the stat padding part. In all fairness to Kyrie, the Cavs are better than everyone expected. Kyrie's numbers are better than Wall's last year also. Also, he scores more points on fewer attempts, more efficient, turns the ball over less while playing less minutes. How is that stat padding?
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    as of now, Kyrie Irving
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 PEx Rookie ⭐
    John Wall!!! I hate Irving. Boston up by 5 with 2secs left, tinira pa at shumoot! Talo tuloy sa Odds takte. Badtrip, tumataya din ata amp! :rotflmao:
  • Irving, he looks like a guy who knows what's his doing. Wall doesn't seem to know what's he's doing, he's just fast.
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    tiffac wrote: »
    Irving, he looks like a guy who knows what's his doing. Wall doesn't seem to know what's he's doing, he's just fast.

sarap pakinggan ng mga sss. peace haha :D
  • Jeremy Lin. lol.

I'll pick Irving.
  • thugz2rememberthugz2remember PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Irving.. :bungi:
  • john wall is he better athlete, but kyrie is arguably the better pointguard and basketball player.

their teams are not really different form each other. the cavs practically have the same core as last year's cellar dwelling team, but they're faring much better this year - and the reason is none other than irving. wall on the other hand hardly helped the wizards improve, even after two years in the NBA.
    galaxy_ram wrote: »
    john wall is he better athlete, but kyrie is arguably the better pointguard and basketball player.

their teams are not really different form each other. the cavs practically have the same core as last year's cellar dwelling team, but they're faring much better this year - and the reason is none other than irving. wall on the other hand hardly helped the wizards improve, even after two years in the NBA.

I pretty much agree except for the fact that Irving is the sole reason for the team's performance. While you can argue that the level of talent their supporting cast have is the same, (though in my opinion, the Wizards are more talented ON PAPER). The Wizards are surrounded by boneheads who are a waste of natural ability (ehem, Javale McGee, Rashard). And have a better coach (Byron Scott > Overrated Flip Saunders/Randy Wittman) For the Cavs Andy has been healthy and playing solid, his impact is underrated. Jamison is healthy as well, he missed almost half of last year.

The thing that makes Kyrie better IMO is he is more well rounded and has a higher BBIQ, he makes better decisions and when I see him on court, he seems to have the same no-nonsense attitude much like guys like Paul, Wade, Rose, Kobe do. John Wall doesn't have the same type of discipline.
  • Julius Irving, hahaha. no pun intended, ;)
  • Ricky Rubio.
  • barubal08barubal08 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ Hahaha. No offense but for me John Wall is overrated. Ill pick Irving anyday of the week.
  • i'll go for Irving.

John Wall is more athletic, but he's a PG with no point guard skills.:lol: