COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Theory on why theists abound

Frank_MackyFrank_Macky Heretic / Infidel PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
After indulging in countless hopeless discussions trying to enlighten self-described theists (who ultimately have no idea what they really believe in), this realization dawned on me that it seems to boil down to an issue of how they use language.

They just can't seem to "connect the dots" linguistically-wise!!

There's always some comprehension block with respect to their use of certain language concepts. It's almost like for them, black means white, and white means black. Sometimes, it's just a dishonest attempt on their part to parry some flaw in their logic that they already realize but refuse to acknowledge, but quite often, it is truly a deep seated blind spot in their cognitive processes.

Realizing this, wouldn't it be considered futile to try to reason with such people?

Comments

• XIIIXIII Philosopher Wannabe PExer
    Nah, that theory's impossible since I'm obviously way smarter than you are and way more linguistically capable yet I'm a theist.
  • StonyclubStonyclub Laylay Ka! PExer
    After indulging in countless hopeless discussions trying to enlighten self-described theists (who ultimately have no idea what they really believe in),
    Imagine, Franky boy ultimately can read minds. An ''all knowing'' kind of guy ha! Bow!
    this realization dawned on me that it seems to boil down to an issue of how they use language.They just can't seem to "connect the dots" linguistically-wise!![/u]
    Which leads to a conclusion, that Franky boy's worldview is the wise one! tsk....tsk..tsk....
    There's always some comprehension block with respect to their use of certain language concepts. It's almost like for them, black means white, and white means black. Sometimes, it's just a dishonest attempt on their part to parry some flaw in their logic that they already realize but refuse to acknowledge, but quite often, it is truly a deep seated blind spot in their cognitive processes.
    Which lead again to, that supposedly Macky boy have a functioning brain (as he often selfishly adore his own way of thinking).
    Realizing this, wouldn't it be considered futile to try to reason with such people?
    And therefore his own personal reason is the ''reasonable'' one. As if at the end of the day, he can offer a "reasonable'' reason even for his own physical existence. There is the RUB ladies and gentlemen of his own kind of futile reason.
  • Frank_MackyFrank_Macky Heretic / Infidel PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    XIII wrote: »
    Nah, that theory's impossible since I'm obviously way smarter than you are and way more linguistically capable yet I'm a theist.
    sure if by "linguistically capable", you mean the ability to spew bull dung.
    sure if by "linguistically capable", you mean the ability to spew bull dung.

No, I mean in the sense of having a superior grasp and mastery of the English language.
  • cretinous00cretinous00 The sea! The sea! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    saying "the universal catholic church is not the church of christ because there is no mention of it in the bible" is not a failure in language. it's a failure, period. :lol:
    XIII wrote: »
    No, I mean in the sense of having a superior grasp and mastery of the English language.
    I'm sorry, you're confusing the ability to spew endless heaps of bull dung with "having a superior grasp and mastery of the English language".

Those two are not exactly the same.
    Yes, they're not the same. I belong to the latter as I do, in fact, have a superior grasp and mastery of the English language.
  • Realizing this, wouldn't it be considered futile to try to reason with such people?

the flamer who calls itself xiii is one perfect example.
  • FenixFenix Member PExer
    All atheist arguments end in the big bang theory. All theist arguments end in "faith". The latter is easier, that's why :-P
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    I'm sorry, you're confusing the ability to spew endless heaps of bull dung with "having a superior grasp and mastery of the English language".

Those two are not exactly the same.

Don't believe him frank. He thinks that a hyperbole is an opposite.:rotflmao:
  • TrolololTrololol U mad bro? PExer
    Fenix wrote: »
    All atheist arguments end in the big bang theory.

care to explain this?
    tonton wrote: »
    Don't believe him frank. He thinks that a hyperbole is an opposite.:rotflmao:

No, I think a hyperbole is an exaggeration.
    the flamer who calls itself xiii is one perfect example.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
    All atheist arguments end in the big bang theory. All theist arguments end in "faith". The latter is easier, that's why :-P

Then I suppose you might be surprised to know that the Big Bang is one of the reasons I believe in God. *okay*

It is (or was), in fact, easier for me to have been an atheist once upon a time since I am, by nature, a skeptic. I tend to value evidence and logic a great deal which is why I studied these things in the first place (Natural Theology). Well, surprise, surprise, what I found was that I cannot, on pain on my rationality, be an atheist since all the evidence I know of points to the existence of God.

Don't believe the skeptical mantra that "there is no evidence that God exists". That is not true. That is a lie. There's plenty of evidence that God exists.
    Trololol wrote: »
    care to explain this?

I meant that science can make sense of things and study them up to a certain point only, while religion can explain everything beyond their holy books/traditions with faith.
    I meant that science can make sense of things and study them up to a certain point only, while religion can explain everything beyond their holy books/traditions with faith.
    But that's precisely the issue here, religion CAN'T really explain anything!! At least not if you insist that the explanation has to correspond to certain parameters, e.g. if the explanation has to be rational and evidence-based.
    looking at it wrong, as always. SCIENCE can explain some aspects of a religion. religion cannot explain everything because it's just a (narrow) set of beliefs and requisite practices. :rolleyes:

8th grade level discussions could get tedious.
    looking at it wrong, as always. SCIENCE can explain some aspects of a religion. religion cannot explain everything because it's just a (narrow) set of beliefs and requisite practices. :rolleyes:

I think we already know that for a fact. The question was why theists abound despite that.
    the TS derailed his own thread. :lol: it's easy to answer the OP with just one word: missionaries.

PS: we're glad atheists like the OP don't about. probably has to do with sexual selection.

Or rather... listening to YOUR incomprehensible prepubescent babble is and always will be a complete waste of time.
  • KatholikonKatholikon Pax et Bonvm PExer
    After indulging in countless hopeless discussions trying to enlighten self-described theists (who ultimately have no idea what they really believe in), this realization dawned on me that it seems to boil down to an issue of how they use language.

They just can't seem to "connect the dots" linguistically-wise!!

^^^ Translation: Why are my atheistic arguments here against theists not effective? That must be because I can not refute their superior arguments against atheism. I despair of my position, and I surrender.
  • java_chiqjava_chiq oh yeah...retired PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ofcourse religion has the answer to everything and a very valid point too...

" because god made it so..."
    " it can be found in the scriptures..."
    " because saying otherwise is blasphemy...and he will smite your soul
    ..bad dog! bad" Q.E.D. ;p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file