Jirah Llaneta: UAAP Women's Volleyball '75 recruit

AvidaTowersAvidaTowers Tomasino, UAAP fan PExer
There is a recruit and an outstanding high school player who is being recruited by Ateneo, La Salle, FEU, UST, NU, UP, UE and Adamson. She is 5'8 and is an open spiker. She has an amazing hang time and spike and serves filled with so much power! She scored 28 points in a tune-up game against Philippine Army composed of Balse, Daquis, Carolino sisters, Bunag and others! :D - Ateneo Lady Eagles (WHO IS SHE?)

The said recruit is an honor student and very good in academics. This girl has never played in the Palarong Pambansa but her skills caught the attention of the coaches of UST, La Salle, FEU, NU, UE, UP and Adamson when her team in the 4th region battled the Philippine Army and she scored 28 points. She has been trying out in a lot of schools. When she tried out for FEU and DLSU, the coaching staff of both teams begged her to come back. The coaching staff of UST meanwhile talked to the parents and the girl even went to UST. She has already tried out in Ateneo and the coaching staff already talked to the parents. She is a diehard fan of Alyssa Valdez and Fille Cainglet even before being recruited this year. According to her, if she passes the ACET, Ateneo will be her first option.

I just saw this one in the UST fan page, and the comments said she was Jirah Llaneta, a Bacoor recruit that could be a "key" player to any team next season. Imagine, all the 8 UAAP schools are offering something just to get her. I wanna see her and Alyssa Valdez together! But it's definitely a different game if she'll go to UST. :D

Comments

• gooseberrygooseberry very loosey 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Has she taken DLSUCET-UPCAT-USTET?

Good luck to her!
  • ashes_2_ashesashes_2_ashes Member ✭✭
    There is a recruit and an outstanding high school player who is being recruited by Ateneo, La Salle, FEU, UST, NU, UP, UE and Adamson. She is 5'8 and is an open spiker. She has an amazing hang time and spike and serves filled with so much power! She scored 28 points in a tune-up game against Philippine Army composed of Balse, Daquis, Carolino sisters, Bunag and others! :D - Ateneo Lady Eagles (WHO IS SHE?)

The said recruit is an honor student and very good in academics. This girl has never played in the Palarong Pambansa but her skills caught the attention of the coaches of UST, La Salle, FEU, NU, UE, UP and Adamson when her team in the 4th region battled the Philippine Army and she scored 28 points. She has been trying out in a lot of schools. When she tried out for FEU and DLSU, the coaching staff of both teams begged her to come back. The coaching staff of UST meanwhile talked to the parents and the girl even went to UST. She has already tried out in Ateneo and the coaching staff already talked to the parents. She is a diehard fan of Alyssa Valdez and Fille Cainglet even before being recruited this year. According to her, if she passes the ACET, Ateneo will be her first option.

I just saw this one in the UST fan page, and the comments said she was Jirah Llaneta, a Bacoor recruit that could be a "key" player to any team next season. Imagine, all the 8 UAAP schools are offering something just to get her. I wanna see her and Alyssa Valdez together! But it's definitely a different game if she'll go to UST. :D

Nakipag tune-up ang Philippine Army sa isang high school team?! Not even the champion of the Shakey's Girls VLeague. Hmmm.

If it's true that she scored 28 points against the VLeague Army team then she's a real catch.

DLSU: They will be left with Ara, Camille and Wensh next year all of which are 1st year players; if she goes to DLSU either mabulok siya sa bench or 2 sa mentioned players above.

UST: Maru, Judy, Gi, Mela and Pam are still eligible to play next year, 3 of which are 1st yr players. I don't think UST really needs her either.

Ateneo: Fille, Aly, and Ella are still there. So granted na they're preparing her to replace Fille, it looks like Ella will be a forever 2nd stringer if that happens. Not to mention they still have Bea and Sarah, but I think these two also play middle.

If she's after playing time, she'll do best if she goes to the other remaining teams.
  • jayjay26jayjay26 Everything will be fine ✭✭✭
    If she's after playing time, she'll do best if she goes to the other remaining teams.

Agree.:):):)
  • sassy mesassy me Member ✭✭
    She may have to undergo residency if she has already played for another college team. this is basing on the uniforms she has been sporting in photos and her facebook info.

she can take her time.
  • SpectatorSpectator Member PExer
    If she's really as good as advertised (but the only one advertising her for now is Ateneo, since that information came from their Facebook fan page LOL), then she'll surely be fielded in ahead of Ella De Jesus in their lineup when Fille graduates.

Bilib ako, hindi pa tapos ang current season the hype machine is already in full force. :lol:
  • peppermint2peppermint2 i'm a UAAP fan ✭✭✭
    For me sana she finds the right school for her not only on a volleyball perspective but most importantly education wise.... at dahil diyan UP na hahaha :)

sorry la talaga panglaban UP sa recruitment kahit nga NU talo ata sila sa recruitment. :(
  • innuendoinnuendo The FELINE FURY PExer
    For me sana she finds the right school for her not only on a volleyball perspective but most importantly education wise.... at dahil diyan UP na hahaha :)

sorry la talaga panglaban UP sa recruitment kahit nga NU talo ata sila sa recruitment. :(

UP was able to land the likes of Araneta and a couple of DLSZ players, and they remain to be one of the tall teams in the UAAP. Sistema lang kulang.

The said recruit is better off with Ateneo in preparation of Gervacio and Cainglet's departure. Ateneo already faced UST's season 75 team last Sunday with only Dimaculangan graduating while DLSU still looks solid on paper after this season.

Maganda sana if the talents are well-distributed among the teams para di masyadong predictable ang games. Unlike in basketball wherein the bottom teams can upset the seeded teams.
  • niknik088niknik088 I love this game! PExer
    she'd better go to NU.. para balanced ang mga line up..
  • SpectatorSpectator Member PExer
    Not to mention, I don't understand why the admin of that Ateneo Lady Eagles page needs to mention the other schools pa, as if hindi pa alam kung saang school siya pupunta. To give the impression na highly-recruited ito, at sila ang nanalo?

I am amused. :rotflmao:
  • ylle45ylle45 Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    tignan natin:D

sana magaling talaga:lol:
  • lurkerherelurkerhere Member PExer
    umaandar na naman hype machine
  • kamuterepublickamuterepublic Member ✭✭✭✭
    ang nakakapagtaka niyan naka-28 points siya against philippine army na ang kakampi niya lang ay yung hs teammate niya? ibig sabihin napaabot nila ng 4 sets(at least) ang laban against ARMY? ang ateneo nga hindi makakuha ng ni-isang set sa kanila eh. hahaha wag niyo sabihing mas malakas yung hs team na yun kesa ateneo. lol
  • aleatoricwriteraleatoricwriter uh-huh 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    To be fair, she wouldn't be scouted by a lot of schools if she's not that good. I can contact her and ask her where she tried out (though I know where because she's volunteering some info herself), but I opt not to, since I'm not that kind of person, putting words into other people's mouths.

I just got wind that like Alyssa and the others, tambak na naman ang FB inbox niya. Poor kid.

And why do others sound so pressed about the hyping thing? It's not like the fan-made FB pages represent the whole Ateneo management (the Ateneo volleyball program have their official FB pages, AND they DON'T post anything about recruits). Take everything with a grain of salt, just saying. It's just so funny that every move made by Ateneo fans gets magnified by a million times when it could just be ignored, since the next school year is still MONTHS away.
  • stonecold316stonecold316 Member PExer
    Regardless where the kid goes, lets just respect her decision. Mamaya may magsasabi na naman diyan kaya nagpunta sa ganitong school kasi nabayaran or malaki ang naging offer sa kanya. It just so unfair sa bata. Maging masaya na lang tayo kasi maglalaro ang bata at mas magiging maganda ang UAAP volleyball sa mga susunod na taon. Maswerte talaga ang school na napuntahan niya.
    Another Blue Chip recruit goes to Ateneo. :lol:

Another year of hopes that they will get the crown.

What is missing there?
  • cotugnocotugno Member PExer
    IMO: Kapag talaga "nabili" ang isang player walang passion maglaro sa school na "nakabili" sa kanya. Parang yung sinasabi ng isang multi-titled coach nung isang recent game... Goodluck sa batang ito.
    I think there's a difference between "nabili- case of Santiago's that NU purchased" and this one. She said she wants to play with girls she idolizes.
  • MadameUpanovaMadameUpanova ballerina Volleyball Vanguard
    Mukhang nakapagdecide na naman siya!!! Profile Pic nya to sa FB.

2u59csz.jpg

Obvious na obvious beh!
    What is obvious about that?

Ineng, nakatungtong ka na ba sa kolehiyo at naturuang mag-isip ng wasto?

Let the kid decide where she wants to go. Until she is enrolled, then leave her alone and let her have all the pictorials, jersey,varsity warm-ups, campus visits, team try-outs she can.
  • kamuterepublickamuterepublic Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mukhang nakapagdecide na naman siya!!! Profile Pic nya to sa FB.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2u59csz.jpg

Obvious na obvious beh!

na-in love sa ganda ng ust *okay*
This discussion has been closed.