UST Reconsideration Process

gabkthgabkth Life's a climb. PExer
Hi guys I did not qualify for both of my choices in UST. Sad but true. Just want to ask, what are the things needed for reconsideration? Is it possible to appeal but with different course? I mean courses that is not in my choices. My 1st choice is Financial Mangement, 2nd choice is Computer Science but I am planning to take Informations Systems na lang if ever. Thanks in advance Thomasians!

Comments

• SyusukeSyusuke -Hakugei- PExer
    ^I thought the leaked info is not valid? If it's indeed correct, you're lucky to have seen it early.

Re your question. There is this Academic placement they call wherein USTET takers who failed to qualify on their chosen courses are given the chance to choose on a list of courses where your score is eligible. But please take note that this is not guaranteed as there would be a lot of Acad placements but there is still a chance. Availability of slots still depends on those passers/waitlisted who will confirm their respective slots.
  • gabkthgabkth Life's a climb. PExer
    Oh thanks for answering! I also heard that the leakage's not yet official but just in case. I really want to study in UST. I have no acad placements, did not qualify talaga. So my only chance is the reconsideration.
  • LifeDownerLifeDowner Member PExer
    What are the requirements?
  • citrus_beancitrus_bean mysterium tremendum PExer
    i dont think uso pa rin yan, meron nga, sulat pa ng isang Dominican Priest, hindi umubra eh
    My sister have friends who appealed for reconsideration and they got in. That was just last year actually. Some of them may kakilala pero yung iba ma-effort lang talaga.
  • YoonJay18YoonJay18 Thomasian PExer
    Ask me miss, I was in the same situation as you are in right now when USTet results came out. I both failed on my two choices. Maybe the two differences we have is that a) I got an Academic Placement and b) I went on to reconsider for my first choice, which is EE.

I'll cut some parts of my storytelling because it seems you're not under the Academic Placement status.

What I did was write a reconsideration letter to the dean of the college I want to be reconsidered. I stated in that letter how enthusiastic I am to be a Thomasian, a Thomasian engineer to be exact, in the future.

The only thing I can say to you right now is have a lot of patience. It won't be an easy task to be reconsidered because you will be the last to be prioritized in admitting students in every college in UST.

P.S. Hindi pa kita papayuhan talaga because we don't know yet kung reliable 'yung nakita mong results. As what you've said, through leakage mo lang nakuha 'yung results.
    I'm a girl pala hehehe but that's fine. Anyway thank you! I'm willing to do everything just to be accepted. What are the other requirements aside from the recon letter?
    ^ Sorry, miss. :)

Based from my experience, they also asked me a copy of my Form 138.

But as far as I know, every college in UST has their own rules of admitting students through reconsideration. Better go to the college of your preferred course and ask them.

Your situation, though, is quite rare, reconsidering a program that you didn't chose upon taking USTet. But still, everything's possible. Might as well take chances. *okay*
  • darknessloverdarknesslover Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    gabkth wrote: »
    Hi guys I did not qualify for both of my choices in UST. Sad but true. Just want to ask, what are the things needed for reconsideration? Is it possible to appeal but with different course? I mean courses that is not in my choices. My 1st choice is Financial Mangement, 2nd choice is Computer Science but I am planning to take Informations Systems na lang if ever. Thanks in advance Thomasians!

Hehe, naalala ko tuloy yung last year. I was also devastated when I learned that I did not qualify for my first choice Med Tech. I only passed my 2nd choice though, which is nursing.

Hopeless talaga ako no'n kasi dream course ko ang med tech. Nanliit talaga ako sa sarili ko for not passing it. Admittedly, I was complacent din kasi with the USTET. Hindi ako aware na ultra-mega quota course pala ang med tech ngayon sa UST kaya di ko ganun sineryoso yung USTET. Nung nalaman ko na pwede pala magpareconsider, ayun, tinake ko na yung opportunity. XD

I complied with their requirements (recon letter, 4th year HS report card, USTET result). And I had to wait for like, 3 agonizing months, to know if I'm qualified for the INTERVIEW. Yes, that's the first step. Sa interview, parang titingnan lang nila kung gaano ka ka-determined i-pursue yung course. Tinanong nila sakin kung bakit ko gusto mag Med Tech, etc. Talagang tinodo ko na ang pagsagot. So parang nakita nung nag-interview sakin na determined talaga ako...

And I had to wait again for the FINAL result kung pasok ba ko sa cut-off or hindi, for like 5 days. Hopeless na ko nun kasi 250+ ang nagpareconsider (nakita ko sa bulletin board nila), yet 100+ lang tatanggapin nila. I was really really worried. Super pray talaga ako ng pray, as in everyday.

But God is so good! Pinasok niya ko sa Med Tech. I was one of the 130+ students who got accepted. I feel so blessed that day. So don't lose hope! And, ang alam ko lang, hindi masyado stringent ang College of Commerce sa reconsideration. Marami din kasi akong nakilala na they resorted to reconsider for Commerce when they failed their 2 courses of choice. :) GOOD LUCK!
  • darknessloverdarknesslover Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Oh thanks for answering! I also heard that the leakage's not yet official but just in case. I really want to study in UST. I have no acad placements, did not qualify talaga. So my only chance is the reconsideration.

The leaked results are already official, based from my experience. :)
    The leaked results are already official, based from my experience. :)

Recon na lang talaga pag-asa ko. Sana ma-accept I really want to study in UST.
  • dell23456dell23456 Member PExer
    is it possible na both course passed??
    yes it is :)
    I have another question, handwritten ba dapat yung recon letter or kahit hindi naman? I saw on Academic Clinic's website that it should be handwritten daw.
    I have another question, handwritten ba dapat yung recon letter or kahit hindi naman? I saw on Academic Clinic's website that it should be handwritten daw.

Hindi naman. Ako, pinrint ko 'yung akin. Wala namang isyu. :)
  • alexcaralexcar Member PExer
    Ako rin! Nagparecon for NURSING and I passed. Pero sa tingin ko mahihirapan kang magparecon kasi wala sa choices mo yung gusto mong lipatan. Nung ininterview ako, ang tinanong kagad sakin ay "IS NURSING YOUR 1ST CHOICE?" I said yes, kasi yun naman talaga. Just be bibo on your interview. ang take note of current events kasi i was asked about my opinion about an current event. Ang natatandaan ko pang current event nun is yung kay willie revillame at yung batang JAN-JAN ba yun? HAHAHA. Tapos tinanong rin ako kung active ako sa church, tas i said yes, tas biglan nilang tinanong kung ano huli kong nabasa sa bible. :) Yun lang. Goodluck!
    Thank you for the advice! Actually medyo magulo pa utak ko ngayon kung ano talaga ite-take ko. Hehehe salamat :)
    I failed. I am preparing myself for the reconsideration. Sana ma-reconsider ako.
  • renzonorienrenzonorien Member PExer
    I failed also.kaso d ko alam paano magpa reconsider.sobrang lungkot ko lang.kasi alam ko naman sa sarili ko na inayos ko *** exam pero bat ganon *** lumbas ;(
  • mamakomamako Member PExer
    :D mali tanong ko hehehhehe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file