FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Samsung Galaxy SIII Thread

Comments

• riverhorseriverhorse start me up ✭✭✭
    ^ Perhaps one just needs to check if the LTE frequency used in Singapore and the Philippines are the same , if so then a Singapore bought i9305 would work here also. :)
  • bankereconomistbankereconomist Finance Executive PExer
    I got my Samsung Galaxy S3 in Globe Shangri-la Plaza Mall. They reviewed my old plan history and got it in 30minutes. Ngayon ko pa lang charge ulit ang tagal ma-lowbat ng battery...
  • luks7210luks7210 Member PExer
    [video=youtube_share;nf5-Prx19ZM]
  • sgjobs123sgjobs123 Member PExer
    im planning to get the s3 plan sa globe 1799 + some change = 1999

the cash out of 4800 i guess the extra charge after the 1799

can i pay that cash?
    ^ My first globe payment for the SIII was P1,799 + P4,800 (one time payment) Paid cash upon delivery of the unit. :) My succeeding monthly payments are around P1,800++ usually.

You could also opt for P1,799 + P200 monthly ( which is basically P4,800 divided by 24 months ) for 2 years. Pwede yan if you have BPI or Citibank credit card. Your monthly bill will be around P2,000 or higher depends on your usage.
  • SonosSonos Member PExer
    Lumia 920 knocks down Galaxy S3 on image stabilization test. youtube
  • watercoolwatercool Member PExer
    Meron bang may alam kung magkano ang Galaxy S3 sa Greenhills? :)
    @watercool probably P28,000 more or less. Kuha ka ng may NTC sticker at Samsung warranty. To illustrate, replacement of motherboard on the S III costs P18,000 ... motherboard pa lang yan. Kung may Samsung warranty ka (meaning galing sa official seller at may NTC sticker) at mapapatunayan mo na hindi user error ay it will be repaired free within the warranty period. Swerte swertihan lang yan kung makakakuha ka ng grey unit na walang problema, for your peace of mind kuha ka na lang sa Globe or Smart o kahit Sun. O pwede rin bili sa Samsung Concept Stores (nasa P30,000 to P31,000 for the 16 GB Samsung Galaxy S III ).
  • ryan_gwaporyan_gwapo Iphone 5s user PExer
    sa mga S3 users, totoo ba nagha-hang ang phone? tapos may wifi issues, napuputol ang wifi connection?

if true, lumia na lang gawin kong pang roaming sa pinas
    ^ No Wifi issues.

Try playing Horn on iOS o kahit Infinity blade on iOS with your iDevice and it will freeze. Minsan when you swipe down in order to deliver a hit pati yung drop-down menu biglang baba (which is kind of a pain) and makes no sense since you are playing a game. Even with iOS 6 ganoon pa din. Pardon the pun but it's as if there is not enough horsepower.

Comparing Eternal Legacy on iOS and Eternal Legacy on the Galaxy S III gameplay is so much better on the S III.

The reason I know all of this is because I use both Android and iOS. iOS is nice it ain't perfect.
  • watercoolwatercool Member PExer
    riverhorse wrote: »
    @watercool probably P28,000 more or less. Kuha ka ng may NTC sticker at Samsung warranty. To illustrate, replacement of motherboard on the S III costs P18,000 ... motherboard pa lang yan. Kung may Samsung warranty ka (meaning galing sa official seller at may NTC sticker) at mapapatunayan mo na hindi user error ay it will be repaired free within the warranty period. Swerte swertihan lang yan kung makakakuha ka ng grey unit na walang problema, for your peace of mind kuha ka na lang sa Globe or Smart o kahit Sun. O pwede rin bili sa Samsung Concept Stores (nasa P30,000 to P31,000 for the 16 GB Samsung Galaxy S III ).

Thank you po sir! Out of curiosity lang, medyo common ba masira ang motherboard? :)
    ^ Mine hasn't konked out yet (thank goodness) but someone at another forum who bought a grey unit (grey unit means no NTC sticker, because the phone never passed through the scrutiny of the NTC) had problems with his and the phone became unusable. Swerte swertihan ika nga kasi yung mga iba namang bumibili ng grey unit no problems , but just to stay on the safe side bili ka na lang sa mga Authorized sellers and look for the NTC sticker.

Never drop your S III on concrete. Kahit naman anong smartphone masisira kapag nabilibag ng napakalakas sa kalsada. Get a protrective case and buy a pouch if you are so inclined.
  • ryan_gwaporyan_gwapo Iphone 5s user PExer
    riverhorse wrote: »
    ^ No Wifi issues.

Try playing Horn on iOS o kahit Infinity blade on iOS with your iDevice and it will freeze. Minsan when you swipe down in order to deliver a hit pati yung drop-down menu biglang baba (which is kind of a pain) and makes no sense since you are playing a game. Even with iOS 6 ganoon pa din. Pardon the pun but it's as if there is not enough horsepower.

Comparing Eternal Legacy on iOS and Eternal Legacy on the Galaxy S III gameplay is so much better on the S III.

The reason I know all of this is because I use both Android and iOS. iOS is nice it ain't perfect.

I tried infinity blade 2 ok naman sa Iphone. I did not say iOS is perfect kasi kahit anong OS hinde naman perfect like Android lagi nag-la lag.

Just answer me kung naghahang nga ang S3? oo at hinde lang ang sagot dami pang pasikot sikot para makapagdecide na ako ng pangroaming ko kung S3 or LUmia
    ^ Hinde.
    ryan_gwapo wrote: »
    I tried infinity blade 2 ok naman sa Iphone. I did not say iOS is perfect kasi kahit anong OS hinde naman perfect

Tama ka. No OS is perfect. Android is not perfect. No lag on my SIII but it does not mean my phone is perfect.
  • jbluzbjbluzb Member PExer
    The galaxy s3 does not hang. ICS is stable and the phone is capable to meet everyday needs.

-sent from the galaxy
  • sheajane80sheajane80 Banned by Admin PExer
    ryan_gwapo wrote: »
    sa mga S3 users, totoo ba nagha-hang ang phone? tapos may wifi issues, napuputol ang wifi connection?

if true, lumia na lang gawin kong pang roaming sa pinas

wala ng wifi issues sa latest ICS builds.
    yung mga wifi issues recently ay from the 1st to 4th ata na Jellybean leaks.
    resolved na yan sa 5th leak onwards.

no hangs whatsoever from both ICS official builds and JB leaks.
    clarify ko lang, iba ang hang sa force close. yung hang, no choice but tanggalin battery.
    yung force close, magsasara lang ang app then mababalik ka sa homescreen.
    so, no force close for me sa ICS.
    sa JB understandable kasi work in progress pa at mga leaks bale test versions pa, pero the thing is pakunti ng pakunti ang force close ng JB leaks.

kadalasan sa force close at hang, is not because of the system apps but dahil sa 3rd party apps.
    Some of my Galaxy S III homescreens

5bvgih.jpg

sywhmu.jpg

10gbn0o.jpg

2073lma.jpg
  • luks7210luks7210 Member PExer
    i like 2 and 3, sir! *okay*
    ^ Thanks :) They're also not that hard to do, you just need Nova Launcher Prime, a couple of widgets ( UCCW, Beautiful Widgets, Simi Folder Widgets), wallpapers and icon images.
  • chocobangbangchocobangbang bang bang bang! ✭✭✭
    ^You guys I tried UCCW and I just don't get it :rotfl: I've got to invest time to get the hang of this and get it to work on my phone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file