COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

MVP to buy GMA Network?

kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
scoopbox: Hot topic ngayon ang business deal na ginagawa diumano sa pagitan nina Manny Pangilinan, sa isang banda, at ang pamilya Jimenez, Duavit, at Gozon ng GMA-7, sa ibang banda. Mind-boggling daw ang offer ni MVP para makuha ang Kapuso network, kaya mahirap mahindian. Ngunit sa ngayon, 2/3rds pa lang daw ang completion ng deal. Meron pa raw kasing pamilya na hindi kumbinsido, o dili kaya‘y nagho-hold out for a better deal. Pero sa lumulutang na figures, mukhang mahirap nang matapatan ang offer ni MVP. Abangan! about 11 hours ago

Comments

• _Kurotopi__Kurotopi_ Gallery Fake! PExer
    Hahaha! Maganda kung matuloy ito *okay*
  • thedadadathedadada Member PExer
    [CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]testing[/CROUCHING-TIGER-DISAPPEARING-SPOILER]
  • immortal_badmikeimmortal_badmike Bаnned by Admіn 🥇 Eagle Captain
    GMA 'for sale' at 'right price,' says Gozon

(UPDATE) MANILA, Philippines - The chairman and majority shareholder of GMA Network Inc. on Wednesday said he is willing to sell his shares in the company "for the right price."

"Personally, for me, GMA is for sale for the right price. I don't solely own GMA but for me that's what I can say. I cannot speak for the other owners," Felipe Gozon, the company's majority shareholder, said during its trade launch.

Asked if the group of Manuel V. Pangilinan offered to buy GMA for P500-billion, Gozon said: "That's a big joke. You can wake me up at night if it is true. But it's not. If it's a joke then it's okay. But if it's not, then that scares off investors and the public."

Pangilinan is chairman of TV5, for which InterAksyon.com is the online news portal.

Gozon stressed that GMA is not in talks for any sale of an equity interest to anyone. "We have not received any offer as of now. I don't know tomorrow or the next day but there are none today," he said.

On GMA's Facebook page, the following message attributed to Gozon was posted: "We are not actively looking for buyers or peddling the station. But as I have said, if I receive an offer of a high price like P200 billion, I am willing to sell my shares."

The market currently prices GMA at P22.45 billion.

Pangilinan through PLDT media arm MediaQuest Holdings Inc. owns rival ABC Development Corp., which operates third-ranked TV5. MediaQuest earlier offered to buy 67 percent of GMA for P8.5 billion, but talks fell through after the former slashed its valuation of the latter to P12 billion from the original P14.58 billion.

"That was long ago but there are no offers now," Gozon said of the PLDT group's offer.

Besides GMA, MediaQuest had been eyeing other broadcasting companies, including sequestered IBC-13 and RPN-9.

In 2009, MediaQuest bought TV5 from Antonio "Tonyboy" Cojuangco.
  • Hapee_AngelHapee_Angel Banned by Admin PExer
    Raising the ante

Ray E?ano
    Thursday, January 26, 2012
    Manila Standard Today

Despite an official denial from GMA Network, the second-largest broadcasting company in the Philippines is still in talks to sell the station to MVP. The grapevine said preliminary talks between the two camps were temporarily stalled when the radio and television network, which airs on Channel 7 on free TV, offered a P40-billion price tag to MVP.

The grapevine said MVP immediately balked at the offer after initially dangling P25 billion. MVP, though, is still amenable to raising his bid to at least P30 billion. MVP has not officially denied speculations that his group was keen on acquiring GMA-7.

MediaQuest Holdings Inc., the media holding company of the PLDT Beneficial Trust Fund, earlier tried to buy 66.67 percent of GMA-7 for P8.5 billion. Negotiations failed through after MediaQuest lowered the valuation of the broadcasting company to about P12 billion from P14.58 billion.

MediaQuest acquired Associated Broadcasting Corp., operator of TV-5, in 2009 from businessman Antonio ?Tonyboy? Cojuangco.

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideBusop.htm?f=2012/january/26/rayenano.isx&d=2012/january/26

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file