Home PEx Lifestyle Home and Garden
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

Paano mapabilis ang pagkalat ng carabao grass??

I have already achieved a beautiful carabao grass lawn. But there is still a big brown area of pure brown soil. Guys, may nakakaalam ba sa inyo ano ang mga dapat gawin para mapabilis ang pagkalat ng carabao grass? Naiinip na kasi ako eh, although nakikita ko naman na kumakalat siya.

Mga ilang weeks po ba ang pagkalat ng carabao grass? Anyone? thanks...

Comments

• Mga 1month po:) wag ka po masyado mainip kase once na kumalat naman yang carabao grass ang hirap ding i-trim tulad nong samin.Sana yong imported na lang pala binili namin..siksik tsaka hinde tumataas..mejo pricey lang.
  • Meredith204Meredith204 PEx Rookie ⭐
    use fertilizer?
  • The best is Frog Grass. Very low maintenance lawn grass.
  • xctrekkerxctrekker PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    @TheTherapist

Aren't you suppose to buy enough grass squares (tiles?) to fully cover the whole area? Leaving large gaps or uncovered areas invites the invasion of unwanted weeds. Ang bilis pa naman kumalat at tumubo ng mga yan.

@NeoAnderson88

Frog Grass? Can you name a place in the Metro where this variety was used? I'm curious.

Does anyone here know the name of the grass they used in Ayala Triangle Park?

I might have my front and back yards landscaped this summer and I want to use the kind of grass they used there. If one looks closely, it's very similar your usual Carabao Grass. I have asked the caretakers there but they can't recall the exact name. They do say that its a variety of Carabao Grass bred at Los Banos. And the blades do not grow as long as Carabao Grass.
  • xctrekker wrote: »
    @TheTherapist

Aren't you suppose to buy enough grass squares (tiles?) to fully cover the whole area? Leaving large gaps or uncovered areas invites the invasion of unwanted weeds. Ang bilis pa naman kumalat at tumubo ng mga yan.

@NeoAnderson88

Frog Grass? Can you name a place in the Metro where this variety was used? I'm curious.

Does anyone here know the name of the grass they used in Ayala Triangle Park?

I might have my front and back yards landscaped this summer and I want to use the kind of grass they used there. If one looks closely, it's very similar your usual Carabao Grass. I have asked the caretakers there but they can't recall the exact name. They do say that its a variety of Carabao Grass bred at Los Banos. And the blades do not grow as long as Carabao Grass.

That is a Frog Grass. It looks like Carabao Grass but with shorter leaves that do not grow vertically. The leaves growth is lateral. It is a very nice carpet lawn grass once they've grown to the desired thickness. The leaves are so compact that even weeds would have a hard time penetrating these.

Frog grass is still not well known in the Philippines. It's very low maintenance and can grow under wet and dry seasons, and even in semi or shaded areas.

I discovered about it by accident at www.sulit.com.ph.

Mas mura pa ang water rates sa new village ko kesa sa village namin dito sa Alabang.

Frog Grass looks like this:

capture229.jpg

capture230.jpg

I've posted something about Frog Grass in these threads:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541445&highlight=gravel

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59196185&highlight=gravel#post59196185

The Frog Grass in my garden is now thick and nice. And I'd never go back to using Blue, Bermuda or Carabao grass.

I bought my Carabao Grass in Canlalay, Binan, Laguna. PHP100 per square meter. But it can be bought at a much lower price in Los Banos, and Bae, Laguna.
    ^^ Very informative! Good thing you supplied clear pics. I'll try to compare them with the one at Ayala Triangle Park (I pass there everyday). Thanks!
  • We also have that kind of grass...frog grass pala tawag jan :) pro hinde pa sya ganon ka-kalat, mejo mabagal ba talaga syang gumapang? Hiningi ko lang don sa boy na bantay sa garden na binilhan ko ng bermuda..sabi ko free na lang ;),mejo mahal eh 250 per/sq ba yon.

Pano po ba magpost ng picture dito?

Thanks!
  • KobyDear wrote: »
    We also have that kind of grass...frog grass pala tawag jan :) pro hinde pa sya ganon ka-kalat, mejo mabagal ba talaga syang gumapang? Hiningi ko lang don sa boy na bantay sa garden na binilhan ko ng bermuda..sabi ko free na lang ;),mejo mahal eh 250 per/sq ba yon.

Pano po ba magpost ng picture dito?

Thanks!

Ang kagandahan nang Frog Grass ay kung makapal na sya at sa pagiging low maintenance nya.

Mahal sya dati.

Pero ngayon PHP100 per sqm na lang ang kuha ko sa Canlalay, Binan, Laguna. Pero half lang ng price in some gardens in Calamba or Bae, Laguna.
  • nice! meron narin dito frog grass sa fairview. gamit ako nyan pag natuloy landscape project ko dito sa house
    @korei

Where exactly in Fairview? Would know the name of the supplier/store? I'm from Lagro- I would like to see a sample of their Frog Grass up close.
  • xctrekker wrote: »
    @korei

Where exactly in Fairview? Would know the name of the supplier/store? I'm from Lagro- I would like to see a sample of their Frog Grass up close.

tapat lang ng casa milan nakita ko lang yung post nung dumaan ako "Frog grass for sale"
    ^^ Ah ok, I think I know where that is. I see a number of roadside vendors selling garden/landscape plants & decor along Commonwealth Ext. so its probably one of them. Thanks!!
  • What's the scientific name of frog grass?
  • It's good that I found this thread.

Mukhang frog grass na din ang gagamitin namin sa yard pag natapos magpabakod
  • teyrteyr PEx Rookie ⭐
    Nagpapa-landscape kami as of this moment ng frog grass. hope everything turns out well. any pointers?
  • Poloman888Poloman888 PEx Rookie ⭐
    I have a small garden in front, around 30sqm, which I had landscaped with blue grass. After a year, the helpers didn't do a good job maintaining it. Instead of trimming it, I noticed that they "pulled" some of the blue grass. Sa tingin ko, binunot nila para hindi na tumubo ulit. In short, tinatamad i-maintain.

As a result, there are bald spots while on other areas are green patches.

Q1: Will the green patches spread to the bald spots (kumalat) if watered regularly?

Q2: If the garden does not return to its original state, can i plant carabao or this new frog grass on top of the current soil?

Q3: Is carabao or frog grass "slower" to grow, thus easier to maintain, than blue grass?

thanks much :)
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    not an expert on grass but our lawn is carabao grass.

gumagapang yan magisa and it produces seed these are the ways it multiplies. cut the postate culms from the mother plant and spread the seeds on the soil. pero pangit yun mataas na carabao grass and it only produces seeds when it gets tall.

makikita mo yun mature caraboa grass parang cluster tapos may branches na nagiging cluster din. cut the secondary clusters, so it would also produce its owh set of new clusters.
  • Ano pangalan ng grass na may yellow flowers na maliit? Looking at it as an alternative to carabao grass. Or naturally occurring ito, and cannot be bought in the usual squares?
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^ are you referring to this plant?

hamparan.jpg

arachis pintoi (peanut plant) but in its not a legume
  • JobyBryant24JobyBryant24 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Wow usapang damo! Nice. :glee:

Ako naman about sa bermuda. Me mga parts dito sa amin na malupa. Gusto ko sana lagyan ng bermuda. Eh me mga kapitbahay ako puro bermuda, plan kong kumuha sa mga lupa nila. :lol:

Gaano kaliit yung pwede paramihin or kumalat? Hahahaha :rotfl: