Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Men are pickier than women?

I was watching my favorite show on New York Metro called New YorK Central, it's a show that's all about gossip, clothes, clubbing, beauty and everything Gotham could care about :p They had this panel of "professional" matchmakers and they were saying that in their profession, men have proven to be pickier than women which i thought was amusing until they laid down some interesting things. Men want women who are gorgeous, physically sexy, smart, funny, good family, obedient and yes, great in bed on top of their list... plus some other things like ivy league educated, great cook, yadda yadda yadda...which varies for each person. On the other hand, women would "settle" for somebody more on the lines of "likes me for who i am" bit.

personally, i think i'm pickier than the average woman but looks isn't among the type 5 characteristics i look for in a man. Though it will always be a plus if the guy looks like Vin Diesel, but chances are he's not. :p

what do you guys think about this interesting "conclusion"?

Comments

• My esteemed tr|n|ty,

I do not give too much stock on what the matchmaker asserts.

Men that typically avail of a matchmaker's services are the superficial kind, why else would they have such superficial standards?

I would also think that women that avail of a matchmaker's are the same sort.

When you put superficial characteristics above all else in searching for a mate, then you are doomed to a weak relationship that will not last too long.

Sadly, America is superficial, look at the divorce rate...A lot of people's relationships are based on shallow things, and that is why when the water gets rough people don't want to tough it out and just divorce each other.

Men can be as shallow or even shallower than women, but methinks men and women are just the same.
  • *bump thread*
  • it goes both ways man or woman kasama na rin bakla't lesbie. hehehe
  • baby_07baby_07 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I agree with nobody(sounds self-centered.hehehe I mean, the Pexer. :D). Men and women are just the same. Besides, nagkakaiba naman talaga ang preferences ng mga tao. Kaya it's a bit absurd to generalize, much like coming from a fashion program, that men are like this and women are like that.

Salestalk, if you know what I mean.
  • men and women will always use themselves to be yardsticks of their prospective mates.

for example, a guy who has X1 facial features, it is most likely he will go for a woman with an almost equivalent X1 facial feature, as oppose to a Y3 and if he runs out of X1 features, he will gravitate towards X2 or something as close to his "type" as possible... and among that, he will search for someone with an F2 family background as oppose to someone who grew up to have an F3 background.

it gets messed up depending on what a guy or a girl will prioritize. does he feel the need to have a pretty GF in return for her not so good communication skills? ... will the girl want a smart guy in exchange for his sub-average looks?

so the next time you go for that attractive girl or guy... do a little research on him/her... temperaments, preferences, EQ, IQ, hobbies, priorities... that will save one a lot of time, money and effort.
  • Incx:

I think otherwise. I read somewhere that people tend to be less attracted to other people having a resemblance to their own. I think it's an instinct to avoid inbreeding. :)
  • I may have to agree with Trinity.. I feel like most men are pickier than women... a friend of mine for example, likes girls who are pretty, as in mestiza looking, smart, preferrably sexy... another one wants all these, plus, although he is not admitting to it, but I know that he wants a girls that comes from a good family and well-off. It is ok naman sana, except that, he is not quapo nga, and he is not that well-off. His close friend nga said that the problem with this guy, he likes girls thats out of his league
  • golden tammarawgolden tammaraw PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    well with more women men have more options so i were pikier..
  • isn't it the other way around? women picks and the men licks hahahaha
  • hmm.. interesting.... so that means that im a kind of girl that "who will love me for what iam.."
  • KapuTtKapuTt PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i do agree that men are "pickier"

ummm.... yun lang no further comments :)
  • Men are pickier physically than women. Just look around you. How many couples do you find na "lugi" yung babae, o kaya gustung-gusto mo sabihan yung lalake na ibili agad ng helmet yung partner niya, ha-ha.

On the other hand, bihira ka makakita ng pangit yung babae at pogi yung lalaki. I've seen just one in my life, at talagang-kataka-taka.

Girls, bakit ba kayo di mahilig sa pogi? O dahil wala na kayo masyadong makita dito sa Pinas?
  • not really... meron diyan paglasing.. lagyan mo nang palda ang poste ng meralco.. ang tingin nila ganda babae :p *just a joke*... where is your sense of humor :D

*peace out!*

http://ailasor2042.blogs.friendster.com/
    http://lia20.blogdrive.com/
  • cho changcho chang PEx Rookie ⭐
    mas marami ksing magagandang babae kya maraming pagpipilian ang mga lalaki hehe sa lalaki kakaunti lang ung papasa sa ideal mo (standard mo eh hindi na guapo but cute nalang hehe)
  • mortenharkett72mortenharkett72 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Mas mapili ang ang guys kesa sa girls kasi sila ang lumalapit...sila ang may choice kung sino ang liligawan nila. Ang girls nag aantay lang. Ang girls usually basta mahal sila ok na. Ang guys dapat pde nila idisplay
  • bagelbagel PEx Rookie ⭐
    Men are pickier physically than women. Just look around you. How many couples do you find na "lugi" yung babae, o kaya gustung-gusto mo sabihan yung lalake na ibili agad ng helmet yung partner niya, ha-ha.

On the other hand, bihira ka makakita ng pangit yung babae at pogi yung lalaki. I've seen just one in my life, at talagang-kataka-taka.

Girls, bakit ba kayo di mahilig sa pogi? O dahil wala na kayo masyadong makita dito sa Pinas?

I agree. Isn't it that men are more visual than women? So it's more important for them to find a thoroughly attractive partner.
  • Question, if we guys are really pickier than women, then how come, its alright for girls to entertain x number of suitors and do the elimination process, and for us, we have to just court 1 girl. Otherwise, we'd get tagged as players already.
  • that is why women are really pickier than men. Who pick the apple in the first place?...diba si Eve...ang dami daming pwedeng piliin eh gusto pa yung kulay pula...sino naman yung nag lick diba si Adam...hahahahaha
  • men, women both are the same, really. women pick who among her suitors is gonna be her boyfriend and men choose who to court....men who courts more than one girl at the same time is not pickier but rather fake-ier :bop:

btw, is it really true that men are more physically incline to chose a physically attractive partner given the choice than women?

or

it is just plain bullcrap saying that women fall more on the character side than the physical gifts?

gut wrenching honesty on my part, i do want my lady to be physically endowed....character can be improve while an ugly face is just...sorry but an ugly face... :D
  • well, all i can say is, thats soo true.. i mean can you explain the fact that they always change their mind.. they're are never satisfied with one girl... ever heard of men are from mars and women are from venus.. sheesh, and they say tayo aang magulo....