Jupiter Systems

dimpletdimplet Member PExer
edited March 30 in The Working Filipino
I'm actively looking for a job right now and I just got a call to report for an interview and exam from Jupiter Systems, Inc.

Anybody heard of this one? What is it into?

Too bad I can't access their website at the moment.. Okay bang employer 'to? Feedback please, tnx.

Comments

• KrakistaKrakista Speak to Win! PExer
    I tried their website and it's up. It's at http://www.jupitersystems.com.ph

They've a software called ERIC--Enhanced Resource Information and Control. It's a homegrown ERP software. It was patterned after an IBM package called MAPICS, had its first version written in Clipper and I think they've made a port to PowerBuilder and enhanced it further.

I don't know how they rate as an employer though they've been around since the 80's.
  • dekra3dekra3 Dayuhang Alien PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I was employed by Jupiter Systems in 1996 and it was my first job... They will promise you everything training, seminars and the best proposal... But there is a two year contract which I thought was worth it but after a while the training was only in-house and there are no certificates and I can't wait for the two year contract to finish... I totally regret accepting Jupiter Systems, Inc. and we tried blacklisting them in our university so that they can no longer participate in our job fair... Do not believe in everything they say, its all a bunch of BS!!!
  • tofitofi The World Online PExer
    I have a friend in Jupiter Systems. Despite some criticisms regarding the training, the salary and all that, I think the company is still stable considering that it has a lot of clients in and outside the country. The ERIC, their ERP software is continuously implemented and really a big help for small medium enterprises. At the same customizations are done one after the other and that makes the company a somewhat good.
    Originally posted by tofi
    I have a friend in Jupiter Systems. Despite some criticisms regarding the training, the salary and all that, I think the company is still stable considering that it has a lot of clients in and outside the country. The ERIC, their ERP software is continuously implemented and really a big help for small medium enterprises. At the same customizations are done one after the other and that makes the company a somewhat good.

But I suggest that you look for a company that let its employee progress and improve rather than focus on the company alone. Yes its true, the company has a lot of clients both domestic and international, but they never value their employees as much as they value their company. Jupiter Systems Inc. started in 1986 and they developed ERIC which is in Clipper and in UNIX and when I left they developed the ERIC for Windows and majority of the shares were bought by NEXUS INC. Try talking to their clients so that you can get their feedback about the system, I still talk to them and they tell me "if they could only return the product they will." Better think twice before its too late and you have to wait for two years to find a greener pasture.
  • MaverickMaverick Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    is that the same jupiter systems located in amorsolo? if it is, i took the entrance exam there three years ago. at that time, their office resembles that of a school computer lab, with programmers cramped close to one another. can't imagine myself working at a place like that. looking at dekra3's experience in that company, it's good thing i didn't return their calls for interviews. *whew*
  • coZeecoZee Member PExer
    Originally posted by dekra3
    I was employed by Jupiter Systems in 1996 and it was my first job... They will promise you everything training, seminars and the best proposal... But there is a two year contract which I thought was worth it but after a while the training was only in-house and there are no certificates and I can't wait for the two year contract to finish... I totally regret accepting Jupiter Systems, Inc. and we tried blacklisting them in our university so that they can no longer participate in our job fair... Do not believe in everything they say, its all a bunch of BS!!!

may kilala kang zarina adriano? (di ako sure sa last name)
  • quarklionquarklion Have good life. PExer
    If the CEO of the company is the Chinese guy, then 'yan siguro ang dating employer ng mga fellow programmers ko. Four of them are working now in my present employer and leave Jupiter system one at a time.
  • quarklionquarklion Have good life. PExer
    If the CEO of the company is the Chinese guy, then 'yan siguro ang dating employer ng mga fellow programmers ko. Four of them are working now in my present employer and left Jupiter system one at a time.
    cozee: Yep kilala ko yan... Matagal na sa Jupiter yan e... friend mo?

quarklion: The company is owned by Chinese people and its located in Don Pablo Bldg. Amorsolo St. Yung ginawa ng programmers mo eh yun din ang ginawa nung batch namin nuon.
  • coZeecoZee Member PExer
    cozee: Yep kilala ko yan... Matagal na sa Jupiter yan e... friend mo?

yep, she was my classmate sa college, is she still in the company?
    u know her email address?
    Originally posted by coZee

yep, she was my classmate sa college, is she still in the company?
    u know her email address?

I don't know her email address... I think she still is in Jupiter, why don't you try calling the company 8126149.
  • dimpletdimplet Member PExer
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. ;)

Hey, dekra3! Salamat, nothing better than getting information from someone who's been there...

Was it really a bad experience? I tried to sound them off with what I've read from this thread and they told me that there have been a lot of changes in the organization and they're constantly seeking to improve their workplace/ organization, especially during the last year,with more training, benefits and even overseas assignments. As for they're training, most of their people are being pirated daw because it's quite good and intensive. So what do you think? :rolleyes:
  • MaverickMaverick Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hmmm... if their training is THAT good, tied with upgraded benefits and increased overseas assignments, i wonder why their people allow themselves to be "pirated" at all. well, that's just an innocent thought. :D
  • ruffruff beach bum PExer
    I share Maverick's sentiments. But if they really want to hire you, why not try to bargain? Maybe lessen if not remove the 2 year contract. :glee: But then again, it's either the former employees where pirated, or they really wanted out.
  • KrakistaKrakista Speak to Win! PExer
    Originally posted by Maverick
    hmmm... if their training is THAT good, tied with upgraded benefits and increased overseas assignments, i wonder why their people allow themselves to be "pirated" at all. well, that's just an innocent thought. :D
    Generally, such Filipino companies are capitalized less than multinational companies and statements like that are are not helping them any.

There are very few companies in the world that will let you see and touch the source code of their ERP product. If you can get to work at the source code level and understand the processes behind it, I don't see any learning opportunity better than that.
    Originally posted by Krakista
    Generally, such Filipino companies are capitalized less than multinational companies and statements like that are are not helping them any.

There are very few companies in the world that will let you see and touch the source code of their ERP product. If you can get to work at the source code level and understand the processes behind it, I don't see any learning opportunity better than that.

Yep that is absolutely right! But if the source code is really bad and you try to fix it and its not according to the company's programming standard then you'll get the ire of the ones who made it. I am speaking through experience, I saw that their source code have poor quality and tried suggesting improvements instead I got the ire of the systems analyst, who is one of the pioneers of that company (no wonder she is still there and no one wants to pirate her.)
  • B|uejayB|uejay The Jerk PExer
    that two-year contract's kinda long man...
    took the test din sa Jupiter before
    they were one of the first ones who called me up after grad
    all i remember is their cute hr person:luvluv:

:D
  • roxyd3428roxyd3428 Member PExer
    was interviewed there once and almost got in
    buti na lang pala

its true they make good promises and then they tell you about the two year thing later

but then again, they promote from within so if you stay long
    it might be a good thing

the cute hr person is very accomodating and nice though
    i suggest you call her up and ask your questions

julie jean jaquet - thats her name
  • anonymouseanonymouse Member PExer
    Uy! any feedback regarding jupiter systems? oki ba dun?
  • yan ba yung near CAP Building in Makati? Amorsolo Street nga ba yun?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file