Home PEx Sports Sports Zone

Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC)

I know that there is an MMA thread already, but don't you think we should have one for our own local promotion? I've been to several URCC events, namely the University Challenge, URCC XX, the Black Tie Brawl, and even some of the amateur events and I think these fights are really exciting and worth noticing, any other URCC fans out there? Dito tayo lahat! bakbakan na! =D

Comments

• Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ako, although di na ako nakakanood ng live due to my schedule; last ko eh URCC 2 pa when my close friend fought lol. Kudos to our pinoy fighters. Nagiimprove na talaga lupet.

When's the next one?
  • Naka panood na ako ng dalawang live URCC events including the last one. My take away from these two events are:

1. The fighters seem to be less energetic compared to the earlier URCC events. Wala masyadong balibagan (throw downs) puro grappling.

2. They're adding more foreign fighters going against local fighters unlike before when foreign fighters were going against other foreign fighters. The local fighters are getting their ***** kicked by the foreign fighters but it's a bitter pill to swallow in order to improve their game.

3. During the last URCC, none of the fights lasted for more than one round due to submission or tap out. The least sign of danger, tap out na kagad ang fighter.
  • As a big-time MMA fan and a fighter, I thought the URCC was kind of ghetto. I have seen MMA shows in the US, Japan, Guam and Brazil and the URCC can't even compare.

First of all, its not even in a cage! Good MMA shows at least make an investment into a cage. And the VIP section feels so cheap with plastic seats that are bunched together forming no rows.

As a fighter, it was also a shock how poorly the fighters are getting paid. No respectable fight pays their fighters $200 to fight anymore. I even heard the owner threatens their fighters not to fight anywhere else.
    ^ Hmm very opinionated but I respect that. I did enjoy Pride FC and they used a ring for their fights.

The only fighters I see really worth noting are from the Wushu team, since they know how to strike with murderous intent, take a shot, and they know takedowns. It helps din na they train with weights differently; pang-sports talaga not for aesthetics.

May dadating ding mala-Jone Jones dyan I'm sure.

In any case, atleast it's not style versus style anymore. Naaalala ko tuloy yung panahon na lumaban halos lahat nang TRACMA. lol good times.
  • Naka panood na ako ng dalawang live URCC events including the last one. My take away from these two events are:

1. The fighters seem to be less energetic compared to the earlier URCC events. Wala masyadong balibagan (throw downs) puro grappling.

2. They're adding more foreign fighters going against local fighters unlike before when foreign fighters were going against other foreign fighters. The local fighters are getting their ***** kicked by the foreign fighters but it's a bitter pill to swallow in order to improve their game.

3. During the last URCC, none of the fights lasted for more than one round due to submission or tap out. The least sign of danger, tap out na kagad ang fighter.

Local fighters getting their ***** kicked by foreign fighters?

You obviously haven't watched Eric Kelly fight.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Eric-Kelly-vs-Mitch-Chilson-From-OneFC-Champion-vs-Champion-3284
    Nice fight, that. Kudos. Astig yung teep/front kick niya sa start.

Mga Igorot talaga scary lol. When I was still active wala pa yung URCC nun sa Baguio pa talaga kami lalaban then pag baba ng Maynila, 'magaling' na kami. lol
  • i_pido23i_pido23 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    yung barkada ng friend ko nung college si Jaguar Tang nag cocompete sa URCC pero di pa din ako bilib parang ang sama ng conditioning ng mga sumasali dyan.2 na napapanood ko tinamaan lang sa tagiliran bumagsak na.
  • blakedaddyblakedaddy Moderator PEx Expert 🎖️
    ^ quick question sir, are you taking this from a fan's perspective or from a practitioner/competitor perspective??
  • gilarmikidgilarmikid PEx Rookie ⭐
    URCC will have a bigger audience now, thanks to the live coverage provided by ABS-CBN Sports.