COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

HSBC Philippines Advance

Warm Greetings!

I am planning to open a 100k TD 3 months lock up (auto0-renew) at HSBC Advance and a checking account with 50k initial deposit. The total amount would cover my 3 months emergency fund (should not be touched) May I ask if you already tried banking with them. Are the services satisfactory?

My purpose with regards to this is to utilize the checking account as my savings besides, during emergency, there's an ATM card that I can use to withdraw. Another thing, I wanna start with an international bank as early as now in anticipation of future transactions. All my regular earnings will also go here. Why checking? i don't actually need to withdraw over the counter from HSBC or from my local bank to transfer funds vice-versa. I'll just deposit a check in case I need to balance my deposit portfolio. The clearing period doesn't matter to me.

Will there be charges against my HSBC Checking account in issuance/deposit/posting/clearing of HSBC checks to another local banks?

Thank you and I'll appreciate your insights.

Comments

• been with HSBC Premier for 2 years now, ok naman service. I'm working under the premise that there's an HSBC branch near you and/or you really want it.

First off, ok naman service ng HSBC, although i have to say this, when it comes to time deposits, there's always that cardinal rule; the bigger the bank, the smaller the interest rate.

Second, there are no charges when it comes to the matter of checks, i think it's the norm for all banks anyway, hsbc's no exception.

then there's the convenience of being an international bank, for example you can have money sent over abroad conveniently, though may slight charge for advance.

Plus it's internet banking has been one of the more secure and convenient facilities i have ever used. they also give you some perks and privileges etc. So in summation, they're ok, though watch out for their cards... and yeah they issue you an ADVANCE credit card.:rotflmao: pre-approved i think so its pretty nice.
  • zackielzackiel Member PExer
    Thank you for the insights:

Yup, I really want it, the HSBC. Regarding the low interest TD, it doesn't matter. My purpose is to have the cash NOT READY within 3months so as to avoid spending. that 50K in checking will not be utilized as well.

Yup...yup...I read that I can withdraw cash from HSBC ATM's overseas free of charge. I had this bad experience with BDO ATM card. I ran out of cash when I was in Bangkok, so i was forced to withdraw through ATM. that was January last year. I withdrew 15k Baht and when I checked my balance thru net bankin, I spent 45k Php. That hurts as hell!

Regarding HSBC's internet banking...yup yup...i read a lot of blogs saying it is excellent. I love internet banking. SO CONVENIENT. YOU COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE.

perks/Privileges? hmmm...sounds interesting...

Advance Credit Card? oh..oh...its features is as the same as the Gold Card. I would definitely like the Advance CC. Perhaps, the color. LOL Pre-approved? AWESOME!

Thank you so much, mate!
    I'll go to HSBC Global City tomorrow.

You're highly appreciated :)
    *its features are*
    Went to HSBC today...Advance Account.
    They asked me if I still need a credit card. I told them that...

"if you'll be asking me to provide supporting documents, no, thank you"

then he replied...

"No need, Sir. It's part of HSBC Advance Perks and Privileges. Expect to receive the HSBC Advance Credit Card before the holidays. You'll love the initial credit line we'll give you"

Me: "Alright, then. Let's see. Bye"

LOL
  • TastyXtinaTastyXtina I Sh*t Glamour ✭✭
    ako rin siguro year open ako sa hsbc ng savings ko tlg.. right now payroll ko kasi hsbc.. walang maxadong tao sa mga branches kaya hindi hassle. yun nga lang, nakakahiya magdeposit ng 25k pababa kasi majority ng customers are high end.. ipunin ko muna lahat sa bdo then, personal check nlang gagamitin ko as the initial deposit to open the account. kaloka nmn kasi kung 100k cash na dadalhin ko don. .lol.
    I love HSBC.
    BDO and HSBC na ako...
  • ArgerArger Member
    Thanks for the info! I am also planning for this next yr! :)
    I'm not so sure but they're no longer accepting Classic account. only Advance with 100k TRB and Premiere.

good thing for those who cannot provide BIR Forms and other necessary income docs to get a credit card. HSBC Advance has a pre-qualified CC. Just ask for it.
  • Hi, PEX people...!

I was able to open an HSBC Advance account in HSBC Ayala Cebu with the required initial deposit of 100k and was told that I am eligible for a pre-approved card which I was really thankful and got really excited. My address is in Cagayan de Oro City when i opened my account but I was able to request that I wish my CC to be claimed at my branch of account. I got my cc with all excitement and as i opened up the envelop- bam!huhuhuhu.. i got the CLASSIC one....HSBC VISA Classic!!!!!:confused:....Honestly, i was expecting that i will be having the ADVANCE CREDIT CARD...never mind the 30k CL they gave but why? why gave an HSBC Classic for an ADVANCE client?....hahays.... that was in april this year and until now i am still downhearted...(char!)

a few weeks ago i called up HSBC and inquired how much is the minimum spending amount for my card to have a free annual fee waiver- sagot ng CSR: "Ay, sorry sir, hindi napo kami nag we-waive ng annual fees ngayon eh, kelangan na po talagang bayaran ang annual fees."....bigla tuloy sumikip and dibdib ko.:eek:...!... I insisted, "di ba sa ADVANCE CC nyo 200k lang ang minimum required amount para ma waive,eh advance client po ho kasi ako eh"...sagot naman ng CSR: "Eh sir, hindi rin naman kasi ADVANCE CC hawak nyo, CLASSIC LANG!...".....

hmmmp!kung bakit naman kasi CLASSIC LANG ang pinadala sa akin, di ba dapat ADVANCE CC din ang pinadala nila?....or baka din naman i miss something on their parameters?ewan.....kaya kayong mga nagbabalak mag open ng ADVANCE account sa HSBC- ask and verify first if they will afford you their ADVANCE CC...best of luck guys!

pahabol!---nakakawili ang service nila...:)*okay*:)...highly appreciated talaga when they really attend to you, personalized talaga ang service!
  • ArgerArger Member
    I am really eager to open an account w/ them next yr. I would choose Advance account to avail their Advance CC! I just love the card design 'red & black'!
  • ArgerArger Member
    Hi, PEX people...!

I was able to open an HSBC Advance account in HSBC Ayala Cebu with the required initial deposit of 100k and was told that I am eligible for a pre-approved card which I was really thankful and got really excited. My address is in Cagayan de Oro City when i opened my account but I was able to request that I wish my CC to be claimed at my branch of account. I got my cc with all excitement and as i opened up the envelop- bam!huhuhuhu.. i got the CLASSIC one....HSBC VISA Classic!!!!!:confused:....Honestly, i was expecting that i will be having the ADVANCE CREDIT CARD...never mind the 30k CL they gave but why? why gave an HSBC Classic for an ADVANCE client?....hahays.... that was in april this year and until now i am still downhearted...(char!)

a few weeks ago i called up HSBC and inquired how much is the minimum spending amount for my card to have a free annual fee waiver- sagot ng CSR: "Ay, sorry sir, hindi napo kami nag we-waive ng annual fees ngayon eh, kelangan na po talagang bayaran ang annual fees."....bigla tuloy sumikip and dibdib ko.:eek:...!... I insisted, "di ba sa ADVANCE CC nyo 200k lang ang minimum required amount para ma waive,eh advance client po ho kasi ako eh"...sagot naman ng CSR: "Eh sir, hindi rin naman kasi ADVANCE CC hawak nyo, CLASSIC LANG!...".....

hmmmp!kung bakit naman kasi CLASSIC LANG ang pinadala sa akin, di ba dapat ADVANCE CC din ang pinadala nila?....or baka din naman i miss something on their parameters?ewan.....kaya kayong mga nagbabalak mag open ng ADVANCE account sa HSBC- ask and verify first if they will afford you their ADVANCE CC...best of luck guys!

pahabol!---nakakawili ang service nila...:)*okay*:)...highly appreciated talaga when they really attend to you, personalized talaga ang service!

Hmm... I'm wondering why they issued you a classic card whereas they have an exclusive card for Advance client? I'm really after that card the reason why I am wanting to open an account next yr. Mabe, I will be stressing to them that I am only after that card or else I will be closing my account if I will get the classic one.

Classic Card has a different set of fees and charges and you should be enjoying the discounted rate for Advance Card since you are not a putso putso client. :lol:
    Hi Hastang...baka kasi hindi serviceable ng BDO yong residence mo kaya classic binigay. Anyway, you can request to convert the card anytime. Besides, it is your privilege to have an Advance CC. I placed TD, savings and current account. Nung una, ayaw pa ako bigyan ng current account pero nung naglabas ako ng checkbook at tinago ko sa bag ko *** cash na pang allocate sa Current account, inallow naman ako. Let them know na may Current Account ka na sa ibang bank. It'll help :)

well, I'm still waiting for my Advance CC. Dec. 10, i followed up re: status of my pre-qualified CC, and they said, it is an Advance Card and for embossing na sya. They're not telling me the credit limit pero ang sabi, I would love it :) I asked them to rush my CC coz I'll be leaving this weekend. Landiin mo lang yong Customer Relations Rep. Haha mababait naman sila.

I'm pretty excited.

sa mag oopen ng account, don't forget to get the e-mail address and direct line ng Bank Relationship Manager nyo. Para sya awayin mo kung nagkaproblem account mo. LOL
    Arger, don't tell them that you're only after the card. LOL
    Otherwise, they will give you a secured credit card.
    That's what a friend of mine told me :)
  • hindi ba naman kaya dahil sa kebale second card ko lang ang HSBC and my first card (RCBC) being only around five months old?

until now, downhearted talaga ako, kasi na compute ko yung na spend ko sa CLASSIC CARD ko more than 200k na kasi eh...problema ko ngayon magbabayad pa ako ng annual fee by april next year....:mecry:

sa inis ko naman, hindi ko na dinagdagan yung deposit ko sa kanila hanggang naubos sa ka ka bayad sa CC ko...:D:rotflmao:
  • zackiel wrote: »
    Hi Hastang...baka kasi hindi serviceable ng BDO yong residence mo kaya classic binigay. Anyway, you can request to convert the card anytime. Besides, it is your privilege to have an Advance CC. I placed TD, savings and current account. Nung una, ayaw pa ako bigyan ng current account pero nung naglabas ako ng checkbook at tinago ko sa bag ko *** cash na pang allocate sa Current account, inallow naman ako. Let them know na may Current Account ka na sa ibang bank. It'll help :)

well, I'm still waiting for my Advance CC. Dec. 10, i followed up re: status of my pre-qualified CC, and they said, it is an Advance Card and for embossing na sya. They're not telling me the credit limit pero ang sabi, I would love it :) I asked them to rush my CC coz I'll be leaving this weekend. Landiin mo lang yong Customer Relations Rep. Haha mababait naman sila.

I'm pretty excited.

sa mag oopen ng account, don't forget to get the e-mail address and direct line ng Bank Relationship Manager nyo. Para sya awayin mo kung nagkaproblem account mo. LOL

good luck sa ADVANCE CC mo!...next time mag dedeposit uli ako sa account ko if hindi pa nila sinarado yon....but after exactly six months kasi kahit zero balance na yung account ko ininkrisan pa din nila yung CL ko from 30k to 38k...e bo-brought ko nalang din sa kanila yung hinanakit ko!...:naughty::naughty:
    Yay...wag mo isasara. Baka di ka na nila i-accomodate soon. Ako, wala ako plano ilabas ang TD ko sa kanila so auto renew yong instruction ko.

That particular TD will keep my TRB maintained.
    Sarap ng banking experience ko ngayon between BDO and HSBC. napaka-efficient ng services. I don't need to go to withdraw OTC to transfer funds. I'll just deposit a check instead, vice versa.
    Yay...wag mo isasara. Baka di ka na nila i-accomodate soon. Ako, wala ako plano ilabas ang TD ko sa kanila so auto renew yong instruction ko.

That particular TD will keep my TRB maintained.

thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind...ganun din kasi ang nasa isip ko, mag ta-time deposit na din lang ako to maintain my TRB with them....
    Sarap ng banking experience ko ngayon between BDO and HSBC. napaka-efficient ng services. I don't need to go to withdraw OTC to transfer funds. I'll just deposit a check instead, vice versa.

good for you regarding you good banking experience with BDO, i wish i could also say the same....i have no problem banking with my branch of account (previously E-PCI) but sa ibang branches ng bdo na nakapag transact ako: CEBU, BOHOL, ORMOC, CAGAYAN DE ORO, GINGOOG, BUTUAN, ay sus....!wala talaga ako masabing maganda sa serbisyo nila...papasok ka banko nila, keber lang ang mga staff, parang naka facelift sila lahat and hindi gaano maka ngiti...:bop:

sa HSBC naman, hands down...two thumbs up pa,*okay**okay*...the best ang service nila, personalized kasi ang dating....:love:
  • ArgerArger Member
    Thanks for that! I will keep that in mind. I am planning to open naman sa Q. ave or Caloocan city.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file