Official Receipt, Cash Invoice, Sales Invoice (Pinas scene)

Are they all the same? Let say if the establishment charges you VAT and you told them to give you an OR, some will give you a Cash Invoice others will give you a Sales Invoice. Parehas lang ba iyon? If they give you a Cash or a Sales Invoice are they going to remit the VAT to the BIR or are they just going to put it in their pockets?

Comments

• freelancer_babefreelancer_babe Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm not sure if the invoice is just as acceptable to BIR. I think that with the invoice they can get away with paying taxes to the BIR. I'm not sure though.

Even if they have issued the invoice, I still ask for a receipt - most establishments are happy to issue one upon the customer's request.

Until I have encountered this one particular store in SM. They insisted that their sales invoice acts as the official receipt. I argued - it isn't. She firmly insisted that it is.

Either the lady at the cashier could have that honest mistake of not knowing that invoices and receipts aren't the same. Or the owner and/or the cashier are pocketing the profits.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Invoices are acceptable for booking revenue and VAT, as long as they are REGISTERED. Check to see that the issuer's TIN is printed, and to be doubly sure, the BIR authority data must be printed at the bottom of the form.

What is questionable is the practice of issuing a DELIVERY RECEIPT, or any form of unregistered receipt, such as a note scribbled on a piece of scrap paper, or those receipt booklets you can buy at bookstores.
  • ianonlineianonline Airbus Pilot PExer
    Cash invoices are basically used to saved OFFICIAL RECEIPTS...

cash invoices in our store are accumulated and totaled. after that the total will be combined in one OFFICIAL RECEIPT.

Cash invoices are double checked by the BIR and your accountant.
    ganun pala yun @ianonline, thanks.

so basically the invoices are already enough? how about sales invoices?
  • Alfred_VargasAlfred_Vargas Xian Lim PExer
    Minsan sa smart wireless center nagpadala ako ng pera sa isang smart money account (may problema kasi ang smart money ko noon). Kung di ako nagkakamali may service charge sila na 1% o 3% ng ipinadadala mo. Tapos binigyan ako ng VAT receipt - nagtaka ako, lugi sila kung irecord nila yon sa output tax nila.

Minsan bumili ako ng gamot sa Generics pharmacy sa marikina riverbanks. Nagtaka ako dahil ang receipt nila ay non-vat! Waah... botika hindi aabot ang annual sales sa VAT threshold. Sabi ko sa salesladay, dapat pala mas mura sa ibang branch ang gamot nyo dahil di pala kayo naninigil ng VAT. Paliwanag ang lady, ganoon po talaga ang presyo - pareparehas daw sila. Sabi ko ay yung ibang branch VAT ang receipt kayo hindi, di dapat mas mura kayo kasi di kayo nagreremit ng VAT. Hindi makuha ni saleslady. I rest my case
    ganun pala yun @ianonline, thanks.

so basically the invoices are already enough? how about sales invoices?

it's more than enough.. if isasali mo yan sa PROMO ng BIR na TEXT YOUR OR Number and win blah blah pwede pa din yan... kasi sa isang official receipt na na summed up na lahat ang cash/sales invoices for that day, inaatach namin yung mga invoices as supporting documents... kasi nga in an official receipt it is required na naka itemized ang item na binili mo.. sa OR namin sinusulat nalang CASH SALES tapos dun sa description sinusulat namin range ng Cash/Sales Invoice Number....

may mga times talaga na merong mga tao na gusto nila ng OFFICIAL RECEIPT binibigyan naman namin... pag binibigyan namin ng OR di na ini-issuehan ng INVOICE... but may mga cases din na pag ka issue ng sales invoice gusto pala nila ng OR talaga, then basically what we do is we issue an OR but yung sales invoice namin di na iniinclude sa pag summed up dun sa combined sales na OR
    ah, oo nga pala sayang din pala yung paraffle ng BIR. makasali nga minsan, hehe.

yung ibang tao talagang gusto ng OR mismo - usually sa offices raw, ni-re-reimburse ang expenses.

siguro yung cashier na nakausap ko, ang alam nyang system ay yung pag-issue lang ng sales invoice na walang receipt. di nya siguro alam na pwede syang mag-issue pa rin ng receipt na hindi na isasama sa overall receipt of the day na sinasabi mo.
    it's a consumer right to ask for an OR... pinatawag mo dapat manager. since most of the manager knows the basics sa BIR kasi parang may seminar sila sa mga ganyan..
    thanks @ianonline,

sige, i'll do that - calling their manager.
  • UrHighnezzUrHighnezz Member PExer
    I'm not sure if the invoice is just as acceptable to BIR. I think that with the invoice they can get away with paying taxes to the BIR. I'm not sure though.

Even if they have issued the invoice, I still ask for a receipt - most establishments are happy to issue one upon the customer's request.

Until I have encountered this one particular store in SM. They insisted that their sales invoice acts as the official receipt. I argued - it isn't. She firmly insisted that it is.

Either the lady at the cashier could have that honest mistake of not knowing that invoices and receipts aren't the same. Or the owner and/or the cashier are pocketing the profits.

Hi. The lady is right maam, sales invoice is good as official receipt if the business is SELLING GOODS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file