Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

PH Credit Score System & Credit Reporting Centers [BAPCB, CCAP, CIC, CMAP, TU, etc] | FAQ p.1

Comments

• alienmanalienman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wavemaker said:
    How about CIC reports, since most, if not all, financial institutions and alike, ay required by ,the government? Mayroon ba ang CIC?
    I called CIC last Friday. They have a more comprehensive report daw than TU but they don't give a credit score. The person I talked to doesn't know what is the highest credit score that we can get. So I tried to call TU and inquire the credit score. Unfortunately, no one is answering their phone after so many tries. So if someone goes to TU and ask for a credit report, don't forget to ask what is the highest credit score that we can get. This info is not available even in the internet.
    wow more comprehensive pero wala credit score
    bakit kaya magkaiba pa sila?
  • markapinyamarkapinya PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited August 2019 #103
    kiros0027 said:
    General question: kapag ba may previous ka na pinaputol na credit card (fully paid naman), malaki chance na ma-decline ang CLI request o card upgrade mo dahil nagpapakita ito sa TU credit report?
    If signifcant ang effect sa utilization rate mo, makaka affect siguro. For example meron kang 2 cards. Both have CL of 100k.

If you normally spend 75k total from your cards. Then with 2 cards nasa less than 50% ang utilization mo. Pero pag isa na lang, biglang 75% na. So bababa yung score mo. Kasi it could signal financial distress.

Pero kung halimbawa 5k lang naman ginagamit mo, then I would think na no effect at all. 

• kiros0027kiros0027 PEx Rookie ⭐
    You may want to close an old credit card because a) you don’t use it anymore and/or b) you want to remove temptation. Before you do that, keep in mind that closing an older card could harm your credit score.

First, you’re reducing the amount of credit available to you. Assuming that you don’t change your spending, your credit utilization ratio will go up. Second, you’re decreasing the average age of your accounts.

Instead of closing an old credit card, use it to pay a small monthly expense. Use it for your Spotify and Netflix subscription or your occasional Uber ride.
    https://www.securitybank.com/blog/5-wrong-notions-credit-cards-need-stop-believing/
  • kiros0027kiros0027 PEx Rookie ⭐
    kiros0027 said:
    General question: kapag ba may previous ka na pinaputol na credit card (fully paid naman), malaki chance na ma-decline ang CLI request o card upgrade mo dahil nagpapakita ito sa TU credit report?
    If signifcant ang effect sa utilization rate mo, makaka affect siguro. For example meron kang 2 cards. Both have CL of 100k.

If you normally spend 75k total from your cards. Then with 2 cards nasa less than 50% ang utilization mo. Pero pag isa na lang, biglang 75% na. So bababa yung score mo. Kasi it could signal financial distress.

Pero kung halimbawa 5k lang naman ginagamit mo, then I would think na no effect at all. 

Nagcompute ako ng CUR ko, nasa 23.11%. Tama ba na 30% mahigit, usually bagsak application sa mga credit card companies?
  • cps_1998cps_1998 Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    kiros0027 said:
    kiros0027 said:

Nagcompute ako ng CUR ko, nasa 23.11%. Tama ba na 30% mahigit, usually bagsak application sa mga credit card companies?
    Hindi din, may contribute factor lang, like sa case ni utangere at ibang mga PExer nag shared dito more than 50%, pero na aapprove mga application nya.basehan din siguro sa income at payment sa mga ibang card.
  • gibsonfangibsonfan Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    kiros0027 said:
    kiros0027 said:

One of the smaller contributors in my opinion. Basta wag ka lang talaga magdefault at late magbayad, nothing to worry about. 

Before I got my needed CLs way back, sagad sagad talaga (parang debit card - bayad agad para lumuwag) ang gamit ko. And I think yun ang naging basis sa big jumps in CL ko hanggang ngayon na comfortably big enough na sila. Siyempre ngayon maganda na utilization due to multiple ccs pero yun nga, before I got all of those, sagad ako. Pero bayad lagi agad paglabas ng SOA and madalas before.
  • aeonfenriraeonfenrir PEx Rookie ⭐
    I got both my CIC and TU reports early this year. Comprehensive naman pareho but they have slightly varying degrees of completeness (like sa TU may credit score then sa CIC meron yung Smart postpaid and exact payment due per month).

According to CIC person, they are working on their systems so that the data would be compatible with each other. They did mention that I could bring my report from CIC to TU to have them translate it and generate the credit score. I'll try to get both reports again towards the end of the year and see how they both changed.
  • gibsonfangibsonfan Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    I got both my CIC and TU reports early this year. Comprehensive naman pareho but they have slightly varying degrees of completeness (like sa TU may credit score then sa CIC meron yung Smart postpaid and exact payment due per month).

According to CIC person, they are working on their systems so that the data would be compatible with each other. They did mention that I could bring my report from CIC to TU to have them translate it and generate the credit score. I'll try to get both reports again towards the end of the year and see how they both changed.
    Paano pag sa CIC? Punta lang din?
    Pagibig at SSS kaya kasama sa credit reporting / score?
  • iamsuperbash2.0iamsuperbash2.0 PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited August 2019 #112
    Went to CIC early late last year, and here’s my experience, you have to send a request online and you can schedule an AM or PM similar to when you get your NBI. On your scheduled date, go to CIC. You would need 1 ID. You will be asked to logged in the lobby, and then your ID will be asked in the CIC floor itself. The process was very fast. You’ll get a printed copy and a PDF copy sent to your registered e-mail (Data Portability law)
    They are in soft launch so there are no fees, and the data might be incomplete since companies are still migrating to their system. But mostly all companies that have already advised that your data will be collectively reported to CIC are already on your credit report. They will also advise you what to do on negative ratings, how long will that stay in your credit report etc., they are very helpful. 

They even gave a me free 2019 Calendar lol. The only problem is that the building is not that accessible via public transport, and it’s hard to get a Grab ride (even if you are Platinum member)
  • akositunyingakositunying PEx Rookie ⭐
    Got a credit score of 758 from TU Report. Categorised as Medium Risk daw... Dahil siguro sa unsettled Smart Postpaid line ko! 🤔 Nagrereport din kasi sila sa TU.

• IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    edited August 2019 #114
    ^ Naalala ko may kasamang notice nga about CIC ang Smart sa bill nila. 

Under dispute ba iyong bill mo kaya hindi nabayaran?
  • akositunyingakositunying PEx Rookie ⭐

Actually plano ko pa naman xang isettle dati hanggang sa hindi ko na naging priority at ibinaon ko na sa limot. Haha

Eto master yung SMART COMM. record ko sa TU ohh...

**Buti medium risk lang at hindi high risk yung category ko. 😅

• Strong7PowerStrong7Power Member PEx Moderator
    edited August 2019 #116
    Nakalap sa Internet/Facebook Group:

:o 
  • wavemakerwavemaker PEx Rookie ⭐

Actually plano ko pa naman xang isettle dati hanggang sa hindi ko na naging priority at ibinaon ko na sa limot. Haha

The good news is wala kang interest and fees na babayaran. I would suggest na isettle mo ang bill mo sa Smart. Maliit na amount lang naman yan.
  • hsusonhsuson Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    edited August 2019 #118
    wavemaker said:
    kiros0027 said:
    I don't see any negative in cutting your credit card as long as there are no unpaid dues. Baka marami nang credit card at nagbabawas dahil di na mamanage ang mga credit card sa dami nila. That is sound financial management.
    Pero kung konti CC mo, closing an account will pull down your Credit Score a bit, based on the numerical algorithm.

• alienmanalienman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Got a credit score of 758 from TU Report. Categorised as Medium Risk daw... Dahil siguro sa unsettled Smart Postpaid line ko! 🤔 Nagrereport din kasi sila sa TU.

kelan pa yan? kasi meron ako sa Sun postpaid( ate ko gumamit kasi di sila ma approve)
    matagal na yun mga 2015 pa siguro , hindi naman kasi sila maka connect sa internet ng ilang araw
    kaya pinipilit namin sa sun na i CUT na lang ang line,ayaw i cut tapos na bill pa rin ng buo

Yan ang mahirap kung isama mga utilities service like telco, internet at cable sa credit report, talo tayo kung nagkapoblema dahil sa palpak nila service, lumalabas pa din may utang tayo hindi nabayaran.

Kagaya nayon holos 2 months na hindi ko binayaran ang skycable 5 weeks nagkapoblema signal nila, yon naayos ang signal less than a week nilock lahat ng channel dahil may out standing bal daw kami pina rebate ko php200+ lang bawas kaya pina compute ko ulit kung hindi nila inayos hindi ko talaga bayaran yon hindi ko ginamit.
  • IronHandofJusticeIronHandofJustice Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    edited August 2019 #121

Hindi naman siya significantly late based duon sa payment history mo sa baba. Although every few months iyong medyo late.

Edited: closed na pala dapat ito. Settle mo nalang siya.