Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

What is your most influential BAND and WHY? your age?

2»

Comments

• foreign:

1. stone roses
    2. they're practically a legend!!! (thanks din sa tito ko for the CD)
    3. 19

local:

1. true faith
    2. hindi ko alam kung bakit palaging nagstistick sa mind ko yung song nilang "kundi rin lang ikaw" :*)
  • Actually, I was considering editing my post to include the Stone Roses. And yes, they're legends!
  • What I actually mean dun sa age ko nung post na yun was the age when New Order was at the peak of their success. No, I'm not 13 anymore. :uhhuh:
  • 1) Faith No More and Mr. Bungle
    2) Pure talent. They could play almost any kind of music. They didn't play by any rules.
    3) 19
  • Hey Fantomas,
    My former co-worker runs what is basically a Mike Patton site. She knows Mike and his various other band members and she sees them every year when they come to Quebec to perform at a music festival over there.

Here's the URL for the site:
    http://home.collegeclub.com/retrovertigo

Originally posted by FaNToMaS
    1) Faith No More and Mr. Bungle
    2) Pure talent. They could play almost any kind of music. They didn't play by any rules.
    3) 19
  • Originally posted by pinkmoon
    Hey Fantomas,
    My former co-worker runs what is basically a Mike Patton site. She knows Mike and his various other band members and she sees them every year when they come to Quebec to perform at a music festival over there.

Here's the URL for the site:
    http://home.collegeclub.com/retrovertigo

cool! i've seen that site before. great stuff on there.
  • TO ALL POSTERs:

What makes it influential to you peeps...
    Does it make you a better person?
    Does their songs reflects your life?
    EXPOUND!!!!
  • f

live

glorious, solemn (pag gusto ko mag-isip nakakatulong.. dati)

l

yano

parang basura (masaya e. simple kasi)

18 parin
  • ....SAVAGE GARDEN

....SIDE A

..i really love side a eversince they started, they became my idol for 15 years now, when their song FOREVERMORE hit the airwave, wow i fell in love with them that much..the song really hits me i am not that senti, but their songs really affects my life..goes into the deepest side of me, i look up to them as my kuyas and my inspirations..since i get to see them at least a week..i really get to know the guys ....well they're so nice..and they really are good family men..disciplined musicians..and professionals in their own way..i love the guys sooo much...i think i would be their no. 1 fan till i get old....

...i'm 25 yrs. old now...
  • QUOTE]Originally posted by Apo_Inso
    TO ALL POSTERs:

What makes it influential to you peeps...
    Does it make you a better person?
    Does their songs reflects your life?
    EXPOUND!!!! [/QUOTE]

Radiohead
    The music reached out and made a connection with me. Influential na after listening to Radiohead, I became so obssesed and dependent on it (Put*ng in*! nasaan yung CD ko!). Whatever Thom Yorke's says, it's wisdom. Being depressed for me that time was cool. Lahat ng sasabihin nila, susundin mo. I dunno really but being a Radiohead fan makes me appreciate more music and simple things in life.

Like the rest of the radiohead fans, I guess Creep reflects a lot and Blowout

I'm 18

thom047.jpg

"I'm not living...I'm just killing time" -Thom Yorke
  • definitely nine inch nails
    trent reznor rules.
    obvious ba?
    i'm 16 :p
  • These bands may have been said but hey, they're worth it.. .

1. Bob Marley and the wailers - u don't need to be a rasta or smoke cannabis ( though the effect would be better) to dig him. He is one hell of a man Jamaica is proud to produce.

2. KiTTie- yup... they growl and they speak of BEING a WOMAN in a sense that it should be presented. whatever.....the line "y do i get **** all the time from you men u are swine u think **** is the answer but it's not" is enough to shout "GIRLLLLLLLLL POWER!!!!!" minus the spice girls of course. these girls make me want to have a grwwwwling band of my own but that's another chapter of course...

3. silverchair - their angst and everything about their songs just speaks of what teenagers feel way back their ol' frogstomp days. they mellowed down but their quality never faded. "my suicidal dream...voices telling me what to do..." is a typical feeling that teens had before. Well.. i don't know more..

4. a perfect circle and TOOL - one is just as good as the other. apc created meanings to ordinary names like judith or thomas... or even magdalena. TOOL gave birth to them. So both are just as influential as the other.

5. our lady peace - they're good. that's just it. hey..they're more than that right?

6. coldplay - they clear ur mind just as when u think all that u can hear are noise or what.

well.... i can't seem to elaborate more but these bands are good..in every sense of the word. their lyrics speak and you feel them....

oh...im 18:D
  • my influences are:

1. Metallica (i bought ride the lightning when i was 8 yrs old)
    2. Van Halen (Idol ko si Eddie Van Halen)
    3. POT (greatest pinoy band IMO)
    4. Razorback/Wolfgang
    5. Dream Theater (for their ultimate skill)
    6. Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/and all the other grunge bands
    7. INCUBUS (very diverse style)
    8. Juan De la Cruz (syempre pinoy rock!)
    9. Steve VAi/ Joe Satriani (gitarista ako e)
  • Originally posted by marloni
    my influences are:

1. Metallica (i bought ride the lightning when i was 8 yrs old)
    2. Van Halen (Idol ko si Eddie Van Halen)
    3. POT (greatest pinoy band IMO)
    4. Razorback/Wolfgang
    5. Dream Theater (for their ultimate skill)
    6. Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/and all the other grunge bands
    7. INCUBUS (very diverse style)
    8. Juan De la Cruz (syempre pinoy rock!)
    9. Steve VAi/ Joe Satriani (gitarista ako e)

wow.... i miss the live gigs of POT.... glad 2 know someone remembered to mention them here.

:walkman2:
  • Originally posted by DeThroneD
    LIVE, OURLADYPEACE, PEARLJAM, SMASHINGPUMPKINS...
    its their lyrics that makes my mind spin...
    and they dont just deal on superficial things and stuff...
    and im 19 :p

:spiral: l love u already... hehe!

i was so addicted to Live and Our Lady Peace some time ago.... pearljam's okay, and generally i like the smashing pumpkins' songs and their style.

i guess i'm too young (i'm 18) to specify a single band that has influenced me the most... so far, some bands which i know i'll always carry w/ me (u know, figuratively) r:
    (f) live, k's choice, bush, our lady peace, no doubt, chris cornell (soundgarden), silverchair (my 1st live rock concert back in '97!)
    (l) wolfgang, razorback, pot, barbie's cradle. (artist- c.alexander)

• whoops, i 4got 2 add why...

for the foreign bands, just coz their music really hits me... most of them have *almost* poetic lyrics, all have substance.

local bands- hey i 4got 2 mention rivermaya... if u haven't seen them play live, god, u wouldn't know how goood they are! there, one (impt) thing why i like these local bands is coz they know really know their music, n how 2 play it... they're really artists and musicians, not just stupid performers or crowd pleasers.

as a whole...how the music affects me; substance & skills.

• 3. silverchair - their angst and everything about their songs just speaks of what teenagers feel way back their ol' frogstomp days. they mellowed down but their quality never faded. "my suicidal dream...voices telling me what to do..." is a typical feeling that teens had before. Well.. i don't know more..

I have seen them live in UP Diliman and they really rock...this kids perform ala Cobain...
    I like their "Cemetery" and "nobody came"
  • Originally posted by Apo_Inso

Pag trash,metal baka pumupunta ka pa sa Old greenbelt, sa may lower level doon very rare records from US underground to Hungary hardcore.

Just wondering . . . is it still there? What's the name of the store? Salamat!
  • nussnuss PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    1. The Beatles
    2. Look at all the clones - almost every rock band from Britain, EHeads, etal...
    3. 19