Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

record bars that rip you off big time

has it ever ocurred to you that some record bars sell CDs' at very high prices considering that the CDs are manufactured locally???:(

Comments

• ........................ERTWO
  • In general, though, they sell at standard prices (and usually add, at most, P50 to the price determined by the record companies). If you want to ask about the skyrocketing prices of foreign albums, talk to the record companies. :p Local albums are slowly being phased to the lower P250-P300 level.

That new store in Power Plant (O?) is pricey. I noticed their prices are more expensive than at Tower or M1.
  • i think its really hard to pull down prices nowadays because production gets more expensive plus royalties of the singers and composers would have to be considered too. i think some cds in tower and music one and the now closed cd warehouse are quite expensive compared to its locally distributed counterparts. Rockwell's O have prices similar to odyssey and the others but i noticed that the more expensive ones are actually imports which are not usually found in the other stores.but they do have a great taste for variety.
  • Music One.

They have this thing where they stamp your card whenever you make at least a P250 purchase. If you fill up that card, you get to buy your next CD at a discounted price.

So I buy this CD for P450 which entitles me to one stamp. After paying, I realize that I want o buy another CD worth P150. One would think that I can get another stamp for that CD right since I have some leftover credits from my first CD? Wrong!

They said they can't count that because both CDs have to have been purchased together.

Go figure.
  • I like Music One mas bad trip yung Tower

That O music store in Rockwell is actually Odyssey na pinaganda.

I buy CDs now either in the States (as in yung mga super super are and worth it nalang talaga) and S&R Pricemart pero limited lang selections nila diyan like I bought my second copies of Coldplay (409.00) and Pearl Jam Ten (325.00) for a cheaper price
  • I FOR ONE, I BUY A LOT OF RECORDS, YEAR 1999 ONWARDS MOSTLY FROM ORDERS FROM UK & US, THEN DISTRIBUTED IN MEGAMIXX (SM MEGAMALL) & TOWER RECORDS(GLORIETTA BRANCH) THEIR PRICES RANGE FROM P400 TO P600 FOR A 12" SINGLE. STILL REASONABLE FOR MY STANDARDS AND CD SINGLES RANGING FROMP400 TO P450. THE ONE THATS A REAL RIP-OFF IS CD ARCHIVES. I ORDERED 4 RECORDS A MONTH AGO, ONLY ONE ARRIVED THIS WEEK. NOT ONLY DID IT TAKE SO LONG, KULANG PA ANG DELIVERIES, PLUS, IT COSTS A WHOPPING P950.- FOR ONE 12" SINGLE. OK LANG SANA, KUNG DOUBLE VINYL OR DOUBLE ALBUM OR DOUBLE E.P. SHEESH. WHERE DID THEY IMPORT THAT RECORD, FROM SOMALIA???

THE GOOD THING ABOUT THEM IS MURA ANG CD SINGLES.
    P150 TO P300 IS THE PRICE RANGE. AND REGULAR CDS ARE TAGGED AT AROUND P400.- MUSIC IS GETTIN EXPENSIVE MAYBE BECAUSE OF THE DOLLAR EXCHANGE. OH WELL, QUE SERA, SERA.
    ;)
  • Happened to me too ?nema. :)

Stupid stompcard-- you need 16 250PhP purchases to avail a 200 peso discount?! That's like a measly 5% discount for a 4,000PhP purchase.

heh. Better than nothing though.
  • well tower doesnt at all give discounts and some staff are too busy projecting this cool image to care about the customers...tower has sales alright.. mostly of cd's that shouldt have been produced/recorded in the first place.. rarely do they have anything interesting on the things they have on sale
  • ......case to case basis lang cguro....like if you go tower records....they have this section of punk and hardcore albums.....na hindi distributed ng local recording companies.....and they really cost a lot.....ranging from 700 and up.....para sa akin ok lang yung price.....lalo na ang piso eh pababa ng pababa......mas ok na yun kesa magpabili pa ako sa states......