Home PEx Business and Careers Personal Investing and Money Management

AXP American Express, DCI Diners Club International, & Discover Cards (S1&2)

dinersclub.ph

Maligayang Pagdating sa unang sinulid ng talakayan ng
DINERS CLUB INTERNATIONAL (DCI), with DISCOVER CARDS and AMERICAN EXPRESS.

Welcome to the FIRST Cardmembers' Discussion Thread of 
DINERS CLUB INTERNATIONAL (DCI), with DISCOVER CARDS and AMERICAN EXPRESS.

dinersclub.ph

Ikaunang Sinulid | DCI & Discover : Setyembre 2009-Abril 2019
Ikaunang Sinulid | AXP : Setyembre 2015-Abril 2018
Ikalawang Sinulid | AXP, DCI & Discover : ???-Abril 2019

✔😉😎👌😊❤💖😜😆😃😉🌹🎂😃😆🤔😜🎁👀✨😎😘✔😉😎👌😊❤💖😜😆😃😉🌹🎂😃😆🤔😜🎁👀✨😎😘✔

AMEX
IG: @americanexpress
Global Website: https://network.americanexpress.com
PH Website: https://network.americanexpress.com/ph/

DCI
IG: @dinersclub
Global Website: https://www.dinersclub.com
PH Website: https://www.dinersclub.ph/

---
Workers' Thread: AXP American Express PH
Depositors' Thread: AESBI American Express Savings Bank (Philippines)
Virtual Card: Globe GCASH American Express Virtual Card

Credit, Charge, and Virtual Cards:
I,II:  AXP American Express, DCI Diners Club International, & Discover Cards (S1&2)
III: AXP American Express, DCI Diners Club International & Discover Cards (S3)

Comments

• ZudoBugZudoBug PEx Rookie ⭐
    Good day guys.

I recently got an American Express credit card from the US and I bought it here sa Pilipinas where I'll be staying for the meantime. My question is, will I be able to use this card here as much as I want to? Because I noticed that the most commonly accepted cards by merchants here are Visa and Mastercard. Aside from hotels where it is accepted, do you know other merchants that accept this card? Thanks for the input.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Merchant acceptability is fairly widespread. The problem with American Express cards issued in the US is that there are few places in the country which can accept your payments (not charges, but payments). The local servicing bank is BDO, but they accept payments only for AX cards they themselves have issued. I have a US-issue American Express green. To make payments on it, I have to authorize a debit against my Citibank US Dollar account, and the processing charge is $10.00 per payment. So I rarely use the card and I will kill it at renewal time.
  • ZudoBugZudoBug PEx Rookie ⭐
    Thanks Kuya Danny for the input. Wala naman ako problem sa pagbayad ng bill kasi I'll just give my sister the money via online bank transfer and let her pay it sa US.

Anyone using the locally issued AmEx card? any feedback? thanks!
  • My wife has an amex platinum card issued locally, no problem except when using in on mercury drugstore near our place only, don't know why.
  • jhaewalterjhaewalter PExer
    edited March 2019
    OVERVIEW
    -What is Diners Club International?
    -What are the exciting privileges of being a DCI Cardmember?
    -In case of emergency, how can I reach DCI PH?

CARD APPLICATIONS
    - Paano didiskartehan ang DINERS PH?
    -How can I find out the status of my application?
    -Is it easy to get approval on each DCI card applications?
    -What is Branch Endorsement? How?

ALL ABOUT CARDS
    -What do I need to know more about BDO Cards?
    - What are the Official Names and BDO's Nicknames for DCI cards?
    -What Card Numbers do BDO-issued DCI cards starts with? 
    -What is Card Security Code?
    -Are DCI card points eligible for BDO Rewards Card points conversion?
    -What are the known features of DCI card?
    -Why AMEX ad DCI Cards cannot consider BDO Credit Cards (technically)?
    -How high the acceptance of DCI cards?
    -What do you see in DCI cards in ultraviolet lights?
    -What are options in changing my card type?
    -Will my points forfeit when ask for change of card type?
    -What is the meaning of “No Pre-Set Spending Limit” on Charge Cards? 

BILLING
    -What do I do if I did not receive my Monthly Billing Statement?

CREDIT LINE
    -What is the starting Credit Limit of each DCI cards?
    -What are the credit limit options in BDO?
    -What are the ICL strategies among PEXers?
    -How to determine if my cards are under SCCL or not?
    -Is 6-month-waiting rule strictly implemented?

FRAUD MANAGEMENT
    -What to do when you become a victim of fraud schemes?
    -How can I avoid being a victim of Social Networking Scams?

OTHER SPECIAL CONTENT:
    -Travel Cards Rewards
    -And many more!
  • thermo2thermo2 PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited March 2019
    What is Diners Club International?

Established in 1950, Diners Club International (DCI) was the first independent charge and credit card company in the world, and it established the concept of a self-sufficient company producing credit cards for travel and entertainment. DCI or Diners is under the Discover Financial Services, Inc.

Diners Club's monopoly was short-lived, as American Express and Carte Blanche, BankAmericard (now Visa) and Interbank Master Charge (now MasterCard) began to compete with Diners Club in the credit & charge card market. American Express now dominates the "member card" arena, providing millions of customers with cards that require the monthly balance to be paid in full.

As the Company faced stiff competition, DCI began early on to allow franchises of the Diners Club name, at first in Europe and later throughout the world. The first plastic Diners Club card was introduced in 1961; by the mid-1960s, Diners Club had 1.3 million cardholders.

Diners Club International was acquired by Citigroup in 1981 and by Discover Financial Services in April 2008

--
    DCI in the Philippines

In the 1970s, Security Bank issued its first credit card, introducing the Philippines to Diners Club. DCI is also the first credit card to be issued in the Filipino market. However, stiff competition occurred as local & international credit card providers established and other payment network/card brands entered in the country in the latter years.

Through the years, the growth of merchant acceptance and purchase volume for DCI remained slow-moving or no little progress, as compared to other card brands such as AMEX and JCB.

Not until 2016, the Philippines’ largest lender became the answer to the growth problems of Diners Club International, as Security Bank, through SB Cards, has sold its rights as the exclusive issuer and acquirer of Diners Club International (DCI) credit cards in the country to Banco de Oro Unibank Inc.

BDO opens up new opportunities in the Philippines for Diners Club and Discover cardholders through a large base of merchant acceptance locations and access to over 1,000 operating branches. As a franchise, BDO will enable Diners Club to extend its global merchant footprint and issuing while solidifying its position as a premier card option for consumers in the Philippines by providing them access to merchants all over the world wherever Diners Club is accepted.

Today, DINERS CLUB PH has jointly launched with our local issuing partners a total of two products, which are sought after by frequent travelers.
    -Diners Club International Standard
    -Diners Club International Premiere

---
    DISCOVER CARDS
    Our comprehensive and secure payments network supports a full range of credit, debit and prepaid cards, including Discover card. We provide customer-centric tools and programs designed to help issuers, acquirers and merchants drive loyalty, increase transaction volume, and run their businesses with streamlined efficiency. We've also formed strategic alliances with China UnionPay and JCB to provide reciprocal card acceptance on these networks in many countries around the world.

PULSE
    Acquired in 2005, PULSE has operated one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks for over three decades, serving more than 4,500 banks, credit unions and savings institutions across the U.S. and linking cardholders with ATMs and point-of-sale payment terminals nationwide. PULSE employs a state-of-the-art network environment designed to provide continuous service, processing transactions and settlement simultaneously

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    In the Philippines, a Diners Club member who has been a member for 15 years will get his annual fees waived for life. For a time, Diners Club cards issued by Security Bank were accepted on the same terminals that could verify MasterCards. But not any more. :(
    edited March 2019
    What are the exciting privileges of being a DCI Cardmember?

EARN AIRLINE MILES
    Use your BDO Diners Club and earn Airline Miles faster. You can change your airline miles for exciting trips here and abroad.

DINERS CLUB LOUNGE ACCESS
    Relax and recover from the fatigue of travel while waiting for your flight with admission to more than 700 Diners Club airport lounges across the globe. Plus, as Diners Club INTERNATIONAL Cardholder, you can avail of one (1)* FREE airport lounge or as Diners Club International PREMIERE Cardholder, you can avail of two (2)* FREE airport lounge access per year. The free airport lounge access can be used either by the Principal or Supplementary Cardholder only. For the list of airport lounges that you can access, visit www.dinersclublounges.com.

DINERS CLUB PRIVILEGES
    Revel in world-class experiences in dining, travel and entertainment. Diners Club Privileges has more than 1,400 offers with partners in over 70 different countries to enhance every leg of your journey. Please visit www.dinersclubprivileges.com for the list of offers.

DINERS CLUB TRAVEL TOOL MOBILE APP
    Anywhere you go, you can take the benefits of Diners Club with you. Download the Diners Club Travel Tools mobile app to browse airport lounges, explore Privileges offers by location, convert more than 140 currencies, access customary tipping advice and locate ATMs and cash access locations while traveling. Download on the App Store or get it on Google Play.

FREE TRAVEL INSURANCE
    PHP20 Million Travel Accident and Travel Inconvenience Insurance.
    Just charge your transportation fare (airline tickets and means of public transport) to your BDO Diners Club Premiere Credit Card every time you travel!
    edited March 2019
    In case of emergency, how can I reach DCI PH:

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION

Online Banking website: https://online.bdo.com.ph/
    Other Email Addresses: [email protected], where xxxx is either the name of the unit or the name of the bank personnel sending the email.

24-Hour Customer Service Hotline
    Landline: (+632) 631-8000
    Globe: 1800-8-631-8000
    PLDT: 1800-10-631-8000
    Bayan: 1800-5-631-8000
    Digitel: 1800-3-631-8000
    International Toll-Free (International Access Code)-800-8-6318000

Special Services Communications - DINERS

DCI Web Worldwide: https://www.dinersclub.com
    Lounges: www.dinersclublounges.com
    Privileges: www.DinersClubPrivileges.com

Consumer Lending Group / Marketing
    Card Sales: (+632) 6881200, 6881288 loc 44402
    Balance Transfer, Cash Installments: (+632) 6671680

Card Delivery Concerns
    6881222 from 8:30am to 7:00pm

Merchant Hotline
    (+632) 7026900

Fraud Management Unit
    (+632) 7026888

#DCI
    #DCIph
    #DinersClubPH
  • pakwanpakwan PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited March 2019
    Mga Aral at Diskarte sa BDO/AMEX/DCI Credit Cards
    Ni Strong7Power

-SA MADALING PARAAN. Kung gusto magka-credit card: mag-impok. Bigyan ng sapat na panahon (sabihin nating 3-6 mga buwan o depende sa sangay) at magpaendorso sa sangay (BOA) ng iyong savings and checking account (CASA). Maliban na lang kung milyun-miyon ang ilalagak mo o may malaking Ugnayang Buong Balanse (TRB) ka sa Banco De Oro.

-PAGTAGUYOD NG MAGANDANG UGNAYAN. Gumawa ng mga hakbangin para mapalago ang ugnayang pagbabangko sa iyong sangay. Maganda sana kung lagi ka nakikita ng mga bangkero lalo na ang Tagapamahala ng Sangay (BM) at maging ang katuwang nito (ABM). Huwag puro OTC ang gawin sa bangko; kundi magkipagkuwentuhan sa mga bangkero sa anupamang paksa; at maging sa iba pang tagabangko tulad ng gwardya at utusan. 

-PAMIMILI NG SANGAY. Kung mamarapatin, mainam magbukas ng CASA sa sangay na may kategoryang “mall branch” (halimbawa, mga sangay na nasa SM Supermall, SM Savemore, SM HyperMarket, Waltermart, Fishermall, Citimall, SM Cherry Foodarama, SM Residences, Ayala Malls, Robinsons Places) kasi may “salik na X”  ang mga ganitong sangay ng BDO. Kumbaga, “may sabi” ang mga ganitong sangay. MAY MALALAKAS AT MAY MAHIHINANG SANGAY.

-SA SANGAY KA MUNA MAGTANONG. Kung naiiinip sa kahinatnan ng pag-eendorso, unang makipag-ugnayan sa iyong sangay bago sa linya ng Parokya (C.S.).

-MAGPAKUMBABA KA MUNA. Kung unang credit card ang a-apply-an sa BDO, huwag muna pangarapin ang AMEX sa simula dahil mahirap mapasakamay o ma-approve kahit AMEX Blue. Piliin ang ShopMore MC o anupamang “basic cards.” Saka na ang AMEX kapag malaki na ang CL mo o kung pangalawang card application mo na. 

- HINAY-HINAY SA PAGTAWAG. Ang labis na pakikipag-ugnayan ay hindi rin mabuti; kasi, sa paningin ng bangko, lumalabas na ikaw ay atat o desperado sa pangungutang (kahit hindi naman talaga). 

-PANUNTUNAN KASI PINAIIRAL NG MGA AHENTE NG SERBISYO PAROKYA. SA ATIN, DISKARTE. Hindi totoo ang panuntunang änim na buwan na paghihintay sa mga hinihiling natin tulad ng credit card application at pagtaas ng linya sa pautang (ICL).

-REPERENSIYA. Ang gustong reperensiyang card ng BDO ay MCC/Metrobank, BPI, Citi, at HSBC. Sa ngayon, mas may dating ang Metrobank kaysa BPI. Gayunpaman, may naa-approve pa rin kahit wala sa apat na bangkong ito.

-HINGI NG TULONG SA BISOR. Para mapabilis ang hinihiling na serbisyo, kumausap ng pinuno sa paglilingkod sa parokyano , na tinatawag din itong “Supervisor Call o SupCall.”

-DISIPLINADO KA DAPAT! Maging responsable o managot sa paggamit ng credit cards. Kung maaari, maging “transactor” o taong palagiang magbayad ng buo kaysa “revolver” o taong nagbabayad lang ng minimum o higit pa.

-DAGDAG-TIPS: Sang-ayon sa tagaloob (pero hindi kumpirmado), ang paghiling na taasan ang linya sa pautang (ICL) ay ipinagkakaloob kahit wala pang 6 buwan ang edad ng card, e basta kadalasang nagagamit sa maraming uri ng paggastos, halimbawa ng utilidad, pagkain, gamit elektroniko, gasolina, at pagbiyahe. Alinsunod pa, ang may-ari ng card ay inuusisa sa ugali ng paggamit at kung naipapakita na ang BDO card ay pangunahing card sa lahat ng Tagapag-isyu ng “salaping supot.”. Samahan pa nito ng laging pagbabayad ng buo na nasa tamang oras, nang sa gayon ay mapagbigyan ka sa hinihiling mong ICL. Pero huwag umasa ng malaking CL. Pero may iba namang napagbibigyan na kasingtaas ng kwitis pamhimpapawid.

-PAGKUSA NG TAGAPAG-ISYU. Mas bongga ang ICL kapag bangko mismo ang nagbigay at hindi mo hiniling.

-ANG PAGHIHINTAY AY BIRTUD. Huwag mainip kung mababa pa ang CL mo ngayon. Kasi tataas naman iyan kalaunan. Kailangan talaga ng tiyaga sa paghihintay at panday ng panahon. Basta ba pagandahin ang kasaysayan ng utang at repustasyon mo o ang pangalan mo (credit history and credit worthiness). [Ako nga, tatlong taon bago makakuha ng unang ICL. Sa iba, wala pang isang taon, may ICL na!). KAILANGAN AY DISIPLINA.

-BASA, BASA DIN. Panghuli, sumubaybay sa PINOY EXCHANGE DOT COM, sa pangkat ng Credit Cards sa ilalim ng Personal Investing and Money Management sa mga bagong balita para sa diskarte. Balikan ang mga unang paskil (backread). Huwag puro tanong e.

Pahabol: Para maging klaro, uminom ng SPRITE. Para klaro ang diskarte. Haha.

Pahabol pa ulit: Ang pananaw at kuro-kuro na naipahayag ng tagapaskil ay di nangangahulugang kalagayan o nanalamin ng mga ibang tagapaskil. Gayundin, ang pananaw at kuro-kuro na naipapahayag ng iba pang tagapaskil ay di sumasalamin sa wari ng tagapaskil, ng Pinoy Echange Dot Com, at ng mga Tagapag-Isyu ng instrumentong pananalapi.

Pahabol ulit! Pangako, panghuli na ‘to: Karamihan ng mga impormasyong aking pinagtagpi-tagpi rito ay natutunan ko rin sa PEX.
  • ianonlineianonline PExer
    edited March 2019
    What is Branch Endorsement? How?

PROGRAMANG PAG-EENDORSO MULA SA SANGAY AT PRIBADONG PAGBABANGKO
    BRANCH & PRIVATE BANKING ENDORSEMENT PROGRAM

Ang endorsement program o programang pag-eendorso ay isang pamamaraan na espesyal na mula sa sangay o yunit ng bangko para may higher chance of approval at para mapadali ang proseso o hindi na dadaan pa sa maraming tanggapan o kagawaran ng Consumer Lending Group. Ito man ay Personal Loan, Credit Card o Increase in Credit Limit (ICL).

Ang pag-eendorso ay nakabase karaniwan sa balanse ng CASA, Placements, Loans/Credit Facility, Investment Products at iba pa o sa madaling salita, ang Total Relationship Balance (TRB o Ugnayang Buong Balanse) at tenure of banking relationship (tagal ng panahon na pagbabangko). Bawat sangay ng bangko, iba-iba ang kahingian o requirement bago ka maendorso. Kasama rin ang Consumer Risk Rating, Placement Code, at Product Mix Ratio sa pagsusuri ng pag-endorso.

Sa tenure ng CASA, kalimitang anim na buwan ang iyong CASA ay pwede na magpaendorso. Pero may pailan-ilan na isang buwan pa lang mahigit e, pwede na magpaendorso. Meron ding iba, isang taon bago ka iendorso.

Kahit hindi mo branch of account, pwede basta mapapayag mong iendorso ka ng naturang sangay. Hindi lahat ng sangay ay alam ito.

Kahit hindi BDO Depositor, pwede rin magpaendorso lalo kung ikaw ay kliyente ng BDO sa ibang bagay. Pwede ring hindi Bank Client pero bihira ito igawad at karaniwang branch manager na mismo ang nag-eendorso rito. Ito ay kung lagi kang nakikita o pumupunta sa naturang sangay o sa madaling salita, may mahalagang ugnayan ka na sa mga bangkero sa naturang sangay. Ito ay kung nakikipagkaibigan ka na sa mga bangkero.

Minimum Applicant Criteria for Personal Loan & Credit Card:
    a. 21-70 years old
    b. Must be a Filipino citizen. If Foreign, provide documentation requirements such as valid Passport with resident VISA or work permit and valid VISA
    c. Must be a regular employee or must have an existing business for two years.
    d. Minimum gross income of at least P120,000.
    e. Must have Landline contact number.
    f. Residence or Office address miust be within BDO serviceable area.
    g. Must be in good credit standing.

REQUIRED SIGNATORIES
    -Branch: Branch Head and Area Head OR Branch Head with rank of AVP and up

-Private Bank, Trust Group, and other departments and subsidiaries of BDO:  Unit Head and Department Head OR Unit Head with rank of AVP and up

-For BDO Platinum MasterCard, (A) the CASA is at least 6 months or for Loan Clients, must be one year; (B) Individual accounts ONLY – Single ownership, No Corporate Accounts; (C) [1] For Branch Banking Clients, must have a TRB of CASA, TD, & Trust of at least 1Million in last 6 months; [2] For Private Banking Clients, at least 5M combined products of Deposits, Cash & Money Market Products, Fixed Income Products, Equity & Securities Products, Derivatives, Off - Shore Funds, and Trust Products; (D) Accounts/Investments MUST not under HOLD-OUT.

Minimum Criteria for ICL:
    -Requirements may vary per branch. Mas mainam kapag may substance amount ang TRB ng mga BDO Accounts (Deposits/Investments).

Card Delivery:
    All approved cards under endorsement program shall be delivered to the applicant’s billing address.

Endorsement’s evaluation will based on Customer Risk Rating, Placement Code, and Product Mix Ratio.

Kapag endorsement, karamihan ng applications ay hindi makikita sa Online Quick Inquiry.

HINDI po 100% Approved ang ENDORSEMENT PROGRAM. May nade-decline pa rin. Gayunpaman, umaasa tayong maa-approve sa programang pag-eendorso.

edited March 2019
    What do I need to know more about BDO Cards?

SUPPLEMENTARY CARDS
    As a PRINCIPAL Cardholder in good standing, you may apply for up to six (6) SUPPLEMENTARY Cards* for immediate family members (parents, siblings, spouse, and children, 13 years old and above), with the sub-limit feature, you can manage your SUPPLEMENTARY Cards expenses by simply assigning a specific credit limit amount for each of the SUPPLEMENTARY Cardholders. As a PRINCIPAL Cardholder, you shall be liable for all purchases and cash advances made, including all interests and charges incurred through the use of the SUPPLEMENTARY Cards.

* For World Elite Mastercard, you may apply for up to four (4) Supplementary Cards.

CARD VALIDITY AND RENEWAL
    Unless terminated or canceled prior to expiry date, your Card is valid from the issue date up to the last calendar day of the month indicated on the face of your Card. Renewal of the Card will be at the sole discretion of BDO. If the Card is not renewed, BDO may demand full payment of any outstanding credit availment.

STATEMENT DATE
    This is the regular statement cut-off date of all your BDO Credit Card transactions. If your statement date falls on a Friday, Saturday or a National holiday, your statement date will be the preceding day or the following day after your official statement date.

STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR DUAL CURRENCY CARDS
    You will get two separate statement of acounts. All your local transactions will be billed in Philippine Pesos, while your international transactions will be billed in US Dollars*. For your Dollar billing, you have the option to pay the exact amount in US Dollars or pay in Pesos using the exchange rate at the time of payment.

* Choose US Dollars or the local currency when transacting overseas or on-line in order to be billed in US Dollars.

PAYMENT DUE DATE
    Payment should be made on or before the Payment Due Date indicated in your SOA to keep your account active and to avoid late payment charges. If your Payment Due Date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a National Holiday, payment due date is automatically moved to the next business day.

MINIMUM PAYMENT
    This is the minimum amount that must be paid on or before Payment Due Date. This is the sum of the following: (a) 3% of your Outstanding Balance less Installment Amortizations and new transactions posted within the current statement period, or P200, whichever is higher; (b) 3% of Installment Amortization; (c) Overdue Amount; (d) Over-Limit Amount. In case of default, BDO may demand payment of the obligation in full.

FINANCE CHARGE
    If you choose to pay your Outstanding Balance in full on or before the Payment Due Date, no finance charge will be imposed. However, if you choose to pay only the Minimum Payment Due or any amount less than the Outstanding Balance on or before the Payment Due Date, you will be treated as a borrower or a “revolver”. Hence, a finance charge* will be imposed on the outstanding balance stated in your previous SOA and on all new transactions posted within the statement period computed from the transaction date until the current statement date. Outstanding balance is the statement balance as of cut-off date inclusive of previous unpaid balance, new retail purchases, cash advances, charges and fees.

*Monthly Interest Rates are reflected in the Fees and Charges flyer inserted in your SOA and can be viewed in the BDO  Credit Cards webpage.

CREDIT LIMIT
    Your Credit Limit is the maximum outstanding balance that you and your SUPPLEMENTARY Cardholders, if any, can maintain at any given time. Each Principal Card has its own assigned Credit Limit. Please keep your outstanding balance within your assigned Credit Limit. BDO reserves the right to approve or disapprove any purchase or advance that exceeds your Credit Limit. Any amount in excess of the assigned Credit Limit becomes due for payment immediately.

FEES/OTHER DEBITS
    BDO-initiated Fees may be charged to your account from time to time. This portion may include: Annual Membership Fee, Cash Advance Fee, Lost Card Replacement Fee, Returned Check Fee, a fee for closed accounts and/or accounts with insufficient funds under an Auto-Debit Arrangement (ADA) facility, if applicable, and other applicable fees. Such fees may be revised from time to time.

ADDRESS/DATA CHANGE
    Any change in your address (Post Office Box address not accepted), telephone/mobile number and other data must be immediately relayed to BDO by calling the BDO Customer Contact Center at 631-8000. In the event that the Cardholder’s chosen mailing address is not accessible through mail or courier delivery, BDO shall have the option to use the other addresses provided by the Cardholder, if any. Until BDO is notified of such change, it will continue to use the current Cardholder’s address/contact number/data on file.

LOST OR STOLEN CARD
    When your Card gets lost or stolen, please report it immediately by calling the BDO Customer Contact Center at 631-8000. The Lost Card Protection (LCP) feature frees you from any liability when your card gets used fraudulently. However, coverage under the LCP begins from the time the loss or theft is reported to the BDO Customer Contact Center. In such an event, your card will be permanently blocked and a card replacement fee will be charged to your account, if applicable.

ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BILL
    Please examine your SOA for any errors. If no error is reported to the BDO Customer Contact Center within 30 days from Statement Date, the SOA will be considered true and accurate and binding upon you.

FOREIGN EXCHANGE CONVERSION RATE
    Assessment fee of 1% plus service fee of 1.5% of the converted amount will be billed to your account based on the prevailing foreign exchange rate of Mastercard/Visa/JCB/UnionPay/Diners Club International and BDO respectively at the time of the posting. The service fee may be imposed at the sole discretion of BDO and may be subject to change.

For foreign charges converted using the prevailing foreign exchange rate of American Express at the time of posting, a conversion factor of 2.5% will be applied to the converted amount, of which 1% is retained by American Express. Any charges converted by third parties prior to being submitted to us have been at rates selected by them.

USE OF THE CARD
    Use of the Card is subject to the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of BDO Credit Cards as inserted in your Welcome Pack, and as may be amended by BDO from time to time. In case of conflict between the provisions of these reminders and said Terms and Conditions, the latter shall prevail.

It is understood that by signing at the back of the Card and/or your use of the Card, even if you have not signed any Application Form, you shall be bound by and deemed to have agreed to the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of BDO Credit Cards and the provisions of this reminder and you shall be liable for any and all applicable charges and fees arising from the use of the Card.
    edited March 2019
    What are the Official Names and BDO's Nicknames for DCI cards?

*Nicknames given by BDO are in ( )

Credit Cards
    Diners Club International (International/Standard)
    Diners Club Premiere (Premiere/Elite)
    edited March 2019
    What Card Numbers do BDO-issued AMEX/DCI cards starts with?

BDO-issued DCI's Credit Card Number starts with the:

DCI Standard – 3610 01
    DCI Premiere – 3610 02
    edited March 2019
    What is Card Security Code?

A card security code (CSC; also called card verification data [CVD], card verification number, card verification value [CVV], card verification value code, card verification code [CVC], verification code [V-code or V code], or signature panel code [SPC]) is a security feature for "card not present" payment card transactions instituted to reduce the incidence of credit card fraud.

The codes have different names
    • CID": "Card Id", "Card Identification Number", or "Card Identification Code" – Discover, American Express (four digits on front of card)
    • "CSC" or "Card Security Code" – American Express debit cards (three digits on back of card)
    • "CVD" or "Card Verification Data" – Discover, sometimes used as the common initialism for this kind of code

*The card security code is different from the Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode, JCB J/Secure or AMEXCO SafeKey, or DCI ProtectBuy password [known as One-Time PIN (OTP)] which is set by you when you enroll your card online with those 3-D Secure services.*

edited March 2019
    What are the Card Security Features in each DCI card?

Diners Club International (DCI) Cards are known for the lowest level of theft cases worldwide. Nevertheless, it is in your own interest to check the Card’s security signs if you feel a transaction may be suspicious, or when authorising larger amounts through a terminal.

1. The Diners Club International  (DCI) logo and signs indicate that the card is valid all over the world
    2. Microchip
    3. A 14-digit card number that always begins with 36. The card number is always printed in three blocks: 4 digits – 6 digits – 4 digits).
    4. Name and surname of the Cardmember
    5. 'Member Since' – Year when the card Holder became a Diners Club International  (DCI) Cardmember
    6. 'DC' – additional identification sign
    7. 'VP' – internal country code (different for foreign cards)
    8.'Valid' – the beginning of card validity (from the first day of the month indicated)
    9. 'Thru' – end of the validity period (until the last day of the month indicated)
    10. Magnetic stripe with data and an online security code
    11. Signature stripe impressed with the Diners Club International  (DCI)  logo and protected against physical and chemical damage
    12. The Discover Network logo means that the Card is accepted by the Discover payment network in the US and Canada
    13. The Pulse logo means that the Card is accepted by the ATM network in the US and Canada
    edited March 2019
    Are DCI card points eligible for BDO Rewards Card points conversion?

NOT ELIGIBLE.

Why DCI Cards cannot consider BDO Credit Cards (technically)

Though issued by the PH's Largest Bank, DCI cards are somehow separated among BDO credit cards arsenal.

MasterCard, Visa, JCB, and CUP brands are considered BDO Credit Cards. 

Discover/DCI has own different business model and separate membership rewards program and catalogue.

Albeit BDO-issued, DCI card is considered under Diners Club International, Inc., not BDO.

Unlike MC and Visa, DCI cards are products of the DCI Company. DCI is not just an electronic funds processor but Bank and Issuer of credit card, debit card, charge card, and traveler's check. DCI has its own network.

Aside from partnering with other financial institutions (in our case, BDO), DCI lso works as the credit card issuers.

Check the https://www.binlist.net/ to see if BDO-issued DCI card is tagged as BDO credit card or not.

Maybe (my assumption), this is also the reason why Diners/Discover cards do not qualify as a requirement for BDO Rewards loyalty program.
    edited March 2019
    OPINION: How high the acceptance of AMEX and DCI cards?

MERCHANT ACCEPTANCE
    gibsonfan: Kaya rito sa NCR, very widely accepted na ito for me. Halos lahat ng stores at restos naka-BDO point-of-sale terminal (POST) na eh. Or at the very least may extra na BDO terminal for AmExCo and other brands. Bihira na lang ang BPI/Metrobank lang ang meron. I'd say 80-90% acceptance sa NCR.

Ang pili lang na category ay Gas Stations, doon siguro 30-50% lang ang tumatanggap ng AmExCo. Low margins kasi sila so every percent counts.

MERCHANT DISCRETION IN AMEXCO and DINERS ACCEPTANCE
    schizophresiac: Actually, minsan hindi talaga. The merchant has the discretion of not accepting AmExCo or JCB or CUP if they ONLY applied for MC/Visa/BancNet/MegaLink/ExpressNet. I applied sa BDO for Merchant Accreditation, iba-iba ang Merchant Discounting ng card brands. Premium Brands ang AmEx, JCB, CUP, and Diners Club International.

i.e. BDO POS Terminal (sa contract usually ng RTW and Dress Shops) MC and Visa 6% merchant discounts + 0.5% WT = 6.5% kaltas sa kada swipe. 3.5% merchant discount for BancNet, MegaLink, and ExpressNet, walang withholding tax. Pero noon, sa DCI dahil sa Security Bank pa ito noon bago maging BDO, may additional 0.5% sila para sa bawat transaction kasi nakikigamit sila ng POST. And then sa CUP, JCB and AmEx nasa 7 to 8.5% plus 0.5% WT sa bawat transaction.

Tumatanggap ng MasterCard, Visa, CUP, JCB, and AmEx (including Megalink, Bancnet and Expressnet) ang mga BDO-issued POST. However, nasa discretion din kasi ng merchant iyan kung ie-enrol nila ang POST nila sa mga tinatawag nilang "Premium" Cards na JCB, CUP and AmEx na mas mataas magporsyento kaysa sa mainstream na MasterCard and Visa. Kaya minsan, hindi talaga pwede.
    edited March 2019
    What are options in changing my card type?

CHANGE OF CARD TYPE OPTIONS
    CARD DOWNGRADE – change of card type in lower tier within the same card brand. (e.g. AMEX Platinum Credit to AMEX Blue)

CARD UPGRADE – change of card type in higher tier within the same card brand. (e.g. DCI Standard Credit to DCI Premiere)

CARD CONVERSION – change of card type between two card payment brands. (e.g. MasterCard Credit to Diners Club International)

In BDO, there's P400 replacement card fee for card conversion/downgrade/upgrade.
This discussion has been closed.