Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

on Linkin Park and selling out

Like all the other used-to-be-hardcore-raw-underground-numetalbands-who-have-frontmen-who-sport-the-"matinee"-"boyband"-look .....I predict that linkin park will sellout bigtime in the near future.

Trust me. One of my girl friends is starting to put up chester bennington posters in her room and giggling madly like an irish schoolgirl staring at them.

THIS is what happens when you shoot too many music videos and associate yourself too much with MTV: You turn yourselves into commercialized junk like Limpbizkit and KoRn. tsk tsk.

Comments

• loc0loc0 PExer
    I'd hate to be the one to break it to you, but I don't think there ever was a time when they weren't sellouts.

I don't think it's all a coincidence that all these bands from different backgrounds somehow by some divine power ended up looking and sounding more or less the same.

It's a fad, I tell you.
  • hay asows.
  • Linkinpark's just too...radiofriendly.
  • Nah, I heard a friend playin' "points of authority" before I was even aware that there WAS a linkin park and before they released one step closer. I really thought they were a fresh breath to the rotting genre.

heh. radiofriendly.
  • delanodelano PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    just bec. mtv plays them doesnt mean they're sell out... a lot of ppl just go along the ride of bashing popular acts... you're also a sheep ;)

rap-rock is trendy right now, but hey remembe grunge? there was quite some good bands that came out during that period...

pana-panahon lang i guess
  • oooh diss.

actually delano, if you knew me better I'm a non-conformist-- so you really picked the wrong person to call a sheep ;)

I'm a music fan in general and I am rather versatile when it comes to musical preference-- I listen to stuff ranging from black eyed peas to hatebreed.

What i'm pointing out though is the tendency of certain artists to go out of their styles of expression to conform to a standard that is popularly acceptable--"radio friendly" (thanks needle.)

Okay the grunge era-- Nirvana...even with their considerabe exposure in MTV and other mainstream channels, they didn't hesitate to concoct songs that reflect what they TRULY feel. Now I'm not saying that Linkinpark(since it is, afterall, their first album) or the other more popular bands today are sellouts already, but rather they have the POTENTIAL to.

Some artists just get overwhelmed by their fame that they become so full of themselves--And for the sake of inking more record deals, booking more concerts and bluntly just wanting to become MORE famous, just change their styles into a "sellout format."

A good example would be sugar ray.
  • loc0loc0 PExer
    Originally posted by delano
    just bec. mtv plays them doesnt mean they're sell out... a lot of ppl just go along the ride of bashing popular acts... you're also a sheep ;)

I'm the shepherd.
    rap-rock is trendy right now, but hey remembe grunge? there was quite some good bands that came out during that period...

pana-panahon lang i guess

I don't consider grunge a trend. I consider it a makeover.
  • bwahahaha.

good thing you brought that up.

sell out = sugar ray
  • Linkin Park ain't sell-outs...they are more of a product of today's trend of rapcore...they can't sell out bcoz..they already are radio-friendly and are currently championing the masses...but personally, i ain't a fan of their music either!

Aside from sugar ray a few other sell-outs bands are:
    the offspring
    Pearl Jam
    Limp Bizkit

:fork_off:
    why do you think Pearl Jam are sell outs?
  • Delano: Pearl Jam changed their music to suit what the masses/society dictates...they changed from grunge to something more contemporary...just like Sugar Ray who used to play heavy music...now they are like a pop group!

:evilgrin:
    is it bec. of Last Kiss?
  • Originally posted by delano
    is it bec. of Last Kiss?
    it's not just because of one song...try listening to their latest album,Binaural!

:evilgrin:
  • mga tao nga naman!!!!!