Home PEx Relationships Love - Stories & Experiences

Do You Believe in Love At First Sight?

....like lightning bolts and everything? That first time your eyes lock, BOOM! you're a goner?

Have you experienced that? If you have, did you guys end up together?

Comments

• I believed in love at first sight. Actually, kilikili ang una kong nakita sa kanya before face haha! That day, naging kame untill now and the rest of our lives.. :)
  • Really?? Bakit kilikili muna? Nasa MRT ba kayo at nakatayo sya ikaw nakaupo? :lol:

On a serious note, what did you feel the first time you saw his face?
  • JameauxJameaux PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes, I believe in love at first sight.

Love in my dictionary is something that I just can feel. And exactly like what you said lightning bolts and everything.

Two times ko na-experience ang ganun. And unfortunately, things didn't turn out well. The more na attracted ako sa isang tao, the more I mess up. :love:
  • mayonnaisemayonnaise PEx Rookie ⭐
    I DON'T believe in love at first. lust at first sight oo. ang dalas. :lol:
  • Sa First Sight naniniwala ako, sa Love hindi.
  • Yes, I do. And until now, I still have feelings for the guy. Sadly, we never became an item, and we will never be together. Friends lang, hanggang dun lang. Haayyzzz...
  • I've been researching if 'love at first sight' exists and I came across a number of real-life experiences. But usually, not just attraction at first sight, they explain this intense feeling that you have just met The One even without the verbal interaction yet. And they describe the same physical manifestations, like lightning struck them. :wow:

This one is a sweet true short story: http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Experienced-Love-At-First-Sight/763285

And here are short accounts of love at first sight experiences

Wow.
  • mayonnaisemayonnaise PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^
    HOPELESS romantics. :rolleyes:

MADE hallmark profitable, but left people dreaming and with false hopes. dat about it.
  • goat1230goat1230 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    second sight pwede :lol:

seriously, yes.
    been there, nagbreak din kami :lol:
  • I myself had never experienced that intense emotional feeling at first sight. Yes, crush at first sight, like you glance to your right and then see a good-looking guy that is your physical type, but not yet the LIGHTNING BOLT kind of feeling.

I started looking into this romantic phenomenon because I felt something strange like a couple weeks ago. No, not lightning bolts. But I was acquainted with a guy earlier this year when I joined an organization with weekly meetings, and yeah, I thought he was cute but nothing more because I was smitten with another guy at that time. I just noticed that he totally ignores me but he was acutely aware of my presence and I would catch him looking at me before quickly averting his eyes. We never really interacted. He was kind of aloof to me. Again, I never cared. Then I eventually left the organization because of conflicting schedules.

BUT! After 2 or 3 months I accidentally saw him. From afar.

I was at an event attended by some of the people from the organization I used to belong to. And I heard someone loudly call his name. I turned and saw him for the first time in 2 or 3 months. He didn't see me, he was walking towards his friend. And STRANGELY, as soon as I laid eyes on him, I felt INSTANT attraction. :wow: WEIRD because I didn't feel the same way about him a few months back and we never really interacted! But there it was, the surprising feeling. No lightning bolts, but strong enough to surprise me.

So I watched him from afar as he talked with his friend, laughing, and I saw him in an entirely new light. It felt strange. Then at the event, we were grouped together for some workshop, and by coincidence, I was grouped with him. My names were called together, and so he knew I was there. The crowd stood up and then AT THE SAME TIME, we saw each other and our eyes met. And I felt this uncontrollable smile spring forth, and his eyes mirrored mine. Like we were long lost friends (when we were strangers back then). Then, and I am NOT ROMANTICIZING this, we were walking towards each other. It was like GRAVITY. Like a magnetic pull, we eyes locked and smiling at each other as we neared each other. And I extended my hand to greet him. I expected just a handshake, but he held my hand longer than necessary and he swung it gently and affectionately. And we just stood there, holding hands. And was was STRANGE, cuz I felt warmth and familiarity and comfort passing through us as we held hands, smiling at each other and making small talk, like we were so close. Like a long lost friend.

I am wondering if people's love at first sight experience vary. Some do experience LIGHTNING BOLTS, some just the warm, giddy, strong bond feeling for a stranger? He's practically a stranger to me. I don't know.

Unfortunately, he's got a girlfriend, I just found out. I was shocked. Like I died a little. Because I am never gonna interfere. But whenever we see each other in projects, we automatically bonded. Not crossing the line. Just a lot of stares, glances, teasing, smiling and a lot of talking. There is mutual attraction.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe I just found a new friend. :shrug:
  • To make things more complicated, I still do have a thing for a Hot Friend. I find the hot friend, of course, more physically attractive than this "new" guy. Because, well, hot friend is hot. Not exactly handsome, but sexy guy, sort of like Derek Ramsay. But with him, I get kind of intimidated. Sometimes I feel like a little girl when he's around. But with this "new" guy, it's all warmth. I find him really cute and I'm relaxed with him. The two guys are completely the opposite of the other. This one's fair-skinned, clean-cut cute and outgoing. I know a few girls who have a crush on him, and he stands out. The hot friend is dark and brooding. Both are tall and sophisticated, and although I have feelings for both, it's an entirely different reaction.

But hot friend is kind of fading slowly into the background (especially when I do not understand where I stand in his life :lol:) being replaced by this new one, who OBVIOUSLY likes me, and I LIKE him, but he is already in a relationship. :(
  • Jameaux wrote: »
    The more na attracted ako sa isang tao, the more I mess up. :love:

:lol: di ka nag-iisa. Ganyan din ako. :lol:
  • first sight love agad? kalokohan! :lol:

lust at first sight, oo.:hiya:
  • pushpoppushpop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    NO.

How can you fall in love with someone you don't even know? Pano kung psycho-megalomaniac yan? :bop:

First impressions are based only on physical attributes + chemistry - is that enough formula for love?

NO.
  • pushpop wrote: »
    NO.

How can you fall in love with someone you don't even know? Pano kung psycho-megalomaniac yan? :bop:

First impressions are based only on physical attributes + chemistry - is that enough formula for love?

NO.

Maybe "love" is just the term. The instant mutual attraction brings them together and they really fall in love for real. If you read the links I gave above, pare-pareho sila nakaramdam ng ibang klaseng feeling and they ended up being married for yearsssss.

Kahit mom ko, she said when she first SAW my dad, basta pumasok sa isip nyang agad, "Ito magiging asawa ko." :lol: Wala raw lighning bolt, but like a strong gut feel. A premonition. Like, 100% feeling he's The One.

And they've been married for 30 years.

But seriously, I've heard such true stories.
  • Paano palang at first sight? Nakita lang tapos may naramdaman na? Sa akin d yata applicable kasi ang attraction ko starts when i hear the guy talks. Weakness ko ay smart (yet decent) and humble. D yata lumalabas yun attraction ko kapag simpleng nakita ko lang ang itsura. Though may factor how he carried himself kasi ang smart na tao, smart din mag damit. Hehehe

So i guess my answer is no if the pure basis is the "sight".
  • Unfortunately, he's got a girlfriend, I just found out. I was shocked. Like I died a little. Because I am never gonna interfere. But whenever we see each other in projects, we automatically bonded. Not crossing the line. Just a lot of stares, glances, teasing, smiling and a lot of talking. There is mutual attraction.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe I just found a new friend. :shrug:
    This I wanna see. ;)
  • miletjs wrote: »
    Paano palang at first sight? Nakita lang tapos may naramdaman na? Sa akin d yata applicable kasi ang attraction ko starts when i hear the guy talks. Weakness ko ay smart (yet decent) and humble. D yata lumalabas yun attraction ko kapag simpleng nakita ko lang ang itsura. Though may factor how he carried himself kasi ang smart na tao, smart din mag damit. Hehehe

So i guess my answer is no if the pure basis is the "sight".

Maybe for some people it really happens. Check out the links. Even skeptics will be entertained by the stories there. :lol:

Lalaru wrote: »
    This I wanna see. ;)

Susubaybayan mo? :D

I guess my next post about this issue eh kung magkatuluyan kami. Pero I cannot update you guys with details kasi baka PExer din sya. O bka mutual acquaintances namin. Hihihihii
  • I don't believe in love at first sight..
    baka un wolves sa twilight ou? kasi meron sila imprint..hehe..
    pero para sakin..you will not know if love kagad un kasi, hindi mo pa nakita kung anu meron sa kanya bakit mo siya minahal..:)
  • Yes i believe, but i don't have any experience on it.

I'm currently involve in this kind, i'll update you if it's applicable for me, and thinking to give all of you the best advise you should believe.