FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Joker Arroyo..... Spineless.

JuliusJulius Banned by Admin PExer
Joker Arroyo. Still a joke to me.

JOKER Arroyo ran on a platform of rooting out corruption in government. A good number of voters believed him. He ended up No. 6 in the Senate list of winners.

On the strength of Joker's image as the nemesis of grafters, the Senate majority handed him the chairmanship of the Blue Ribbon. Now Joker is having second thoughts. He said the panel should not be overburdened by any and all investigations that any of the 24 members of the House sees fit to be initiated by filing a resolution.

He said the panel should limit itself to matters of public interest and concerns that impact the nation as a whole. Otherwise, he said, the Blue Ribbon would be functioning like a regional trial court conducting everyday hearings.

So there. It's not that Joker has reneged on his campaign promises. It is just that he could not be bothered with less than earth-shaking cases.

As a theoretical exercise on the role of the Blue Ribbon, Arroyo has something that makes sense. But with the Mike Arroyo bribery controversy as background, Joker's explanation is a copout.

Joker is part of an administration that was installed on the basis of its claimed moral superiority to its predecessor. Now that no less than the husband of the President stands accused of receiving P50 million in exchange for recalling a veto of a telecom franchise, the nemesis of the grafters and the corrupt is slinking away from the fight.

The bland but amiable Manny Villar is more sincere in his explanation for the administrations' dilemma over the scandal involving Mike. Villar, not one to cloak himself in the lily white cloak of a moral campaigner, said the majority members are stumped as to how to defend Mike.

"Kahit saan mo tingnan, mukhang maiipit kami," Villar said.

That's putting it as plain as can be.

But by what logic did the administration senators come to the belief that it is their duty to protect Mike?

Their duty, through the Blue Ribbon, is to ascertain the facts and to turn over the evidence to the prosecution service if the filing of charges is warranted.

If they do not know this, they sure took the nation for a ride at EDSA Dos.

Comments

• anticentipedeanticentipede IN GOD WE TRUST !! PExer
    I agree
  • ScorpionEmperorScorpionEmperor Deductive Mind! PExer
    Originally posted by Julius
    Joker Arroyo. Still a joke to me.

JOKER Arroyo ran on a platform of rooting out corruption in government. A good number of voters believed him. He ended up No. 6 in the Senate list of winners.

On the strength of Joker's image as the nemesis of grafters, the Senate majority handed him the chairmanship of the Blue Ribbon. Now Joker is having second thoughts. He said the panel should not be overburdened by any and all investigations that any of the 24 members of the House sees fit to be initiated by filing a resolution.

He said the panel should limit itself to matters of public interest and concerns that impact the nation as a whole. Otherwise, he said, the Blue Ribbon would be functioning like a regional trial court conducting everyday hearings.

So there. It's not that Joker has reneged on his campaign promises. It is just that he could not be bothered with less than earth-shaking cases.

As a theoretical exercise on the role of the Blue Ribbon, Arroyo has something that makes sense. But with the Mike Arroyo bribery controversy as background, Joker's explanation is a copout.

Joker is part of an administration that was installed on the basis of its claimed moral superiority to its predecessor. Now that no less than the husband of the President stands accused of receiving P50 million in exchange for recalling a veto of a telecom franchise, the nemesis of the grafters and the corrupt is slinking away from the fight.

The bland but amiable Manny Villar is more sincere in his explanation for the administrations' dilemma over the scandal involving Mike. Villar, not one to cloak himself in the lily white cloak of a moral campaigner, said the majority members are stumped as to how to defend Mike.

"Kahit saan mo tingnan, mukhang maiipit kami," Villar said.

That's putting it as plain as can be.

But by what logic did the administration senators come to the belief that it is their duty to protect Mike?

Their duty, through the Blue Ribbon, is to ascertain the facts and to turn over the evidence to the prosecution service if the filing of charges is warranted.

If they do not know this, they sure took the nation for a ride at EDSA Dos.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joker buko kana!
  • I totally agree with Julius.By the way I am currently in the Philippines and will report on my travels shortly
  • ScorpionEmperorScorpionEmperor Deductive Mind! PExer
    Originally posted by John T. Henneman
    I totally agree with Julius.By the way I am currently in the Philippines and will report on my travels shortly

Be careful don't let gma know you're john.
  • R3'91R3'91 lurker extraordinaire PExer
    Joker Arroyo - living up to his moniker.

Spineless talaga. Noong impeachment trial, panis siya ke Mendoza; alam lang kasi nito, trial by publicity o arguing using emotion (not logic). Plus, tuta ni GMA. Ayaw magimbistiga kasi "husband" ni GMA ang apektado.

Bading pa.

:rolleyes:
  • hudyathudyat feelingstrangelyfine PExer
    I think he's a joke :p
  • JuliusJulius Banned by Admin PExer
    Trivia: Do you know that the only top-caliber politician to match up with Erap on the countless wives issue is Joker Arroyo? :bash:
    Inside the Senate. True to his announcement, Joker Arroyo has not hired any personnel for his office. In fact, the rooms assigned to him are closed. Does this mean that there will be savings of about P8 million a year for the Senate? No, because Joker has asked that the amount budgeted for his personnel be realigned to miscellaneous operating expenses (MOOE) which can be disbursed fully at his discretion. In the meantime those who voted for him are asking where his office is.

- Kapal din ng apog nitong isang ito.... yung sweldo ng dapat sa empleyado niya.... kanya na. Ang linaw na pagka gahaman ito. What kind of service are we gonna expect from this hoodlum? When even his memo..he has to type himself....

Ito ba yung mga hero niyo noong EDSA 2?

Let's recap your heroes.....

Chavit - Self confessed criminal
    Nani Perez - Impsa Personality
    Mike Arroyo - Telecoms man
    Corpus - The Not-So-Intelligent man
    FVR - The Puppeteer....
    Berroya - The Trigger Happy Guy
    Cardinal Sin - The invisible President
    Teddy Cansino - The Red President
    GLoria - The economic president

Ang galing! No wonder.....
    It's a wonder how these administration can produce so much criminals in government in a span of less than 6 months.

Noon:
    GMA = Gahaman Umupo Agad......

Ngayon:
    GMA = Gahaman Magnakaw Agad...

People:
    GMA = Gloria ! Magunaw Agad!
  • TNT2bluzTNT2bluz Banned by Admin PExer
    Just a question though, Julius, what is your current occupation?

I find it appealing to say the least that you have so much time to spare posting.
    Originally posted by TNT2bluz
    Just a question though, Julius, what is your current occupation?

I find it appealing to say the least that you have so much time to spare posting.

Now we're getting to personal stuffs....

I am in IT. Why?
  • gwapsgwaps tulog ... PExer
    Originally posted by Julius

Now we're getting to personal stuffs....

I am in IT. Why?

hehehe ... nice to know some people in IT are interested in local and foreign issues ... dito sa work ko dyaryo nga di nagbabasa mga tao e. wala ako maka-usap about this subject.

Anyways i think joker arroyo was one of the reasons of the first coup attempt (plus setting free joma sison syempre) against then president corazon aquino. Aquino included joker arroyo in her cabinet as executive secretary. e human rights lawyer si joker dba. tinitira niya that time ang military.
  • krovekrove Banned by Admin PExer
    Originally posted by gwaps

hehehe ... nice to know some people in IT are interested in local and foreign issues ... dito sa work ko dyaryo nga di nagbabasa mga tao e. wala ako maka-usap about this subject.

Anyways i think joker arroyo was one of the reasons of the first coup attempt (plus setting free joma sison syempre) against then president corazon aquino. Aquino included joker arroyo in her cabinet as executive secretary. e human rights lawyer si joker dba. tinitira niya that time ang military.

saang dyaryo ka nagtratrabaho, gwaps?
    Originally posted by krove

saang dyaryo ka nagtratrabaho, gwaps?

ha bat mo natanong tsong? ... may connection ba yun sa post ko?

ha bat mo natanong tsong? ... may connection ba yun sa post ko?

i misread your post, mate... sori.

Wala lang magawa. Malungkot dito sa Amerika kapag wala ang pamilya mo dito. Kaya heto na ang naging daybersyon ko.... yun lang.
    Blue ribbon chairman Sen. Joker Arroyo is said to be on leave this week.

ang sama naman ng timing mo joker... ngayon na magsisimula ang lacson at b.w.-cayetano investigation eh ngayon ka pa mawawala... HOY BUMALIK KA DITO!

:lol:
  • YeenyeenYeenyeen Member PExer
    May fever din daw si Kiko Pangalinan...

Mukhang ayaw makinig ang mga senador sa kaso ni Lacson at Corpus ah..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Originally posted by krove

i misread your post, mate... sori.

no problem !!! ...
  • anticentipedeanticentipede IN GOD WE TRUST !! PExer
    Maybe Joker doesn't want to investigate Cayetano.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file