FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

fatal 3-way of the 4-peat teams: Tigers vs. Archers vs. Eagles

tigermantigerman Former chief snare PExer
Let's have a fantasy match-up of the three 4-peat teams in the UAAP by combining the strongest possible lineup from the 4-peat teams of the 3 respective schools.

Which champion team will win in a fatal 3-way? no dq? no holds barred? hell in a cell? royal rumble? :naughty:

UST Golden/Growling Tigers
PG - Dale Singson, Bal David, Patrick Fran, Gelo Velasco
SG - Udoy Belmonte, Henry Ong, Richie Melencio,
SF - Rey Evangelista, Gerard Francisco
PF - Estong Ballesteros, Richard Yee, Edmund Reyes, Melchor Latoreno
C - Dennis Espino, Chris Cantonjos

DLSU Green Archers
PG - Dino Aldeguer, Mike Cortez, Mac Cuan
SG - Renren Ritualo, BJ Manalo, Mac Cardona
SF - Mon Jose, Calijohn Orfrecio, Willie Wilson
PF - Allen Patrimonio, Dominic Uy, Francis Zamora
C - Don Allado, Manny Ramos, Carlos Sharma

ATENEO Blue Eagles
PG - Jai Reyes, Eric Salamat, Eman Monfort, Juami Tiongson
SG - Chris Tiu, Keifer Ravena
SF - Ryan Buenafe, Kirk Long, Bacon Austria, Tonino Gonzaga
PF - Noy Baclao, Nico Salva
C - Rabeh Al-Hussaini, Greg Slaughter, Justin Chua

Comments

• Lispy_OB_WanLispy_OB_Wan Member ✭✭
    Ang angat para sa akin per position:

PG - Bal David (Ust)
    SG - Ren Ren (Dlsu)
    SF - Ryan (Admu)
    PF - Toss-up sa akin between Edmund (Ust) and Nonoy (for defense alone)
    C - Dennis Espino (Ust)

Sa tingin ko Ust > Admu > Dlsu
  • Verbl KintVerbl Kint The Usual Suspect PExer
    Looking at purely their most dominant years in college:

PG - Mike Cortez
    SG - Renren Ritualo / Kiefer Ravena (potential?)
    SF - Ryan Buenafe
    PF - Estong Ballesteros
    C - Rabeh Al-Hussaini
  • JesuitJesuit Member PExer
    Dominant dito yung 4-peat ng UST e
  • cuchcuch do i make you horny, baby? ✭✭✭
    ust did it with homegrown talent, no fil-ams, no bigtime recruits, no perks given by loaded alumni, no bigtime coaches, no state of the art training facilities,just pure school spirit/pride and one hell of a no nonsense, mo'fo coach.....
  • fossilFuelfossilFuel Black Gold, Black White! PExer
    Highlight of UST's 4-Peat was a sweep that started it all. I still remember the motorcade from espanya to cubao :)
  • Lispy_OB_WanLispy_OB_Wan Member ✭✭
    cuch wrote: »
    one hell of a no nonsense, mo'fo coach.....

well if the coach is factored in, then

NB > Pumaren > Aric

Aric was old school like jaworski and Pido now. Lacking in the x's and o's but schooled with hard knocks (read: experience). In this day and age, system is better.

That changes the equation, I'd go with

Admu > Ust > Dlsu

'cuz man for man, Ateneo I think has the least. But they've weathered all 4 seasons with a solid system.
  • leowenstienleowenstien Member PExer
    bakit wala UE? eh *** nga unang nag 4 peat ..
  • azgauthazgauth Dreamweaver PExer
    UE did their peat (its 7-peat actually) before the entry of the last 2 of the Final 8 UAAP teams (which is ADMU and DLSU)
  • pugarpugar Member PExer
    TS idea is I don't know if he's out of his mind.

'Which champion team will win in a fatal 3-way? no dq? no holds barred? hell in a cell? royal rumble? "

i think he is. hehe
  • maroonmartianmaroonmartian Member ✭✭✭
    ^ useless comparison because we know these teams dominated their respective eras because they have the best tactics then. but honestly I will choose Ateneo FOR NOW. Fatherly, calm coach (unlike yung Aric at Franz na nagmumura ng players) leading to players trusting their coach and each other. Furthermore, with that confidence, they got to develop their skills. Look at Ateneo's Golla, Gonzaga and those bench players who played a major role in a team. UNLESS a team will beat Ateneo's tactics, they will crush UST and DLSU in their heydays.

Dinosaurs na mga iyan sa basketball! Let's evolve to better tactics.
  • Nico101Nico101 The KING PExer
    When the Ateneo Blue Eagles Srs. basketball team left Areneta Coliseum that date, there was no parade, no endorsement deals for sneakers or soda pop, or breakfast cereal. Just a locker to be cleaned out, and a ride home to Loyola Campus. But what they didn't know, was that their lives had been changed forever because they had been part of something great. And greatness, no matter how brief, stays with a man. Every athlete dreams of a second chance, these men lived it.

*okay**okay**okay**okay*
  • TitanOneTitanOne '[titan]ONE Big Fight' PExer
    Ok, first and foremost.. you left out the following:

SG - Siot Tanquincen (Remember, he and Bal David formed one of the most feared backcourts in UAAP History)

C - Mark Telan

IMO.. For now, the UST and DLSU squads are far ahead of their careers to be compared with ADMU..

The UST and DLSU teams have already went on and became PBA-superstars..

Maybe we should ask this question after another 10 years or so.. Most of the people from ADMU have yet to prove anything in the pro ranks.. This comparison comes too soon.
  • azgauthazgauth Dreamweaver PExer
    ^ are they (Siot and Bal) of the same era? I think Siot's older than Bal. I might be wrong though...
  • cuchcuch do i make you horny, baby? ✭✭✭
    azgauth wrote: »
    ^ are they (Siot and Bal) of the same era? I think Siot's older than Bal. I might be wrong though...

bal was siot's back-up, when siot graduated bal took over, when aric needed stability and game control, si siot ang babad, kung scoring at fast paced game si bal ang lalaro.

ang malupit si henry ong, parang si steve kerr, sa 3 pt. line lang tumatambay naghihintay lang ng pasa, most of the time buenas ang tira!
  • roundtablepizzaroundtablepizza Member ✭✭✭✭
    UST four peat team is undeniably the best among the three.
  • maroonmartianmaroonmartian Member ✭✭✭
    ^ But I have to commend UST. May mga years na wala sila sa Final 4 pero unlike some teams, they manage to came back a year later. That is maybe an indication of their solid basketball system. Yung panahon na wala sa Final 4, medyo pangit siguro mga players nila (like in 2005). But when good players come they could be a force like in 2006.
  • PExkyPExky Member ✭✭
    Be cautious with your choice of words, folks, specially when your opinion is leaning towards other than Ateneo as the best. This is tantamount to blasphemy from an Atenean’s point of view. :lol:
  • paralusiparalusi Member PExer
    TitanOne wrote: »

x x x

C - Mark Telan

i don't think telan ever won a title with dlsu. iirc, siya yung laging biktima ng ust nung four-peat (four-ward, sabi ni coach aric) nila.
  • rouge_aiglerouge_aigle Member PExer

SG - Siot Tanquincen (Remember, he and Bal David formed one of the most feared backcourts in UAAP History)

C - Mark Telan

IMO.. For now, the UST and DLSU squads are far ahead of their careers to be compared with ADMU..

The UST and DLSU teams have already went on and became PBA-superstars..

Maybe we should ask this question after another 10 years or so.. Most of the people from ADMU have yet to prove anything in the pro ranks.. This comparison comes too soon.

Why should their pro careers be relevant to a discussion on who would win a fatal 3-way given that the question formulated by tigerman was:

"Which champion team will win in a fatal 3-way? no dq? no holds barred? hell in a cell? royal rumble?"

The question theorizes which team will win ON THE ASSUMPTION that they played at the same time. What the UST and DLSU players did afterwards, frankly, is irrelevant to the question.
  • tigermantigerman Former chief snare PExer

C - Mark Telan

Siot only played in the 1993 sweep team while Telan as pointed out by atty. paralusi didn't win a title for DLSU.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file