Home PEx Sports UAAP - Basketball

Rookies / Recruitment Talk for Season 75

Season 74 is over. Let the speculation for Season 75 begin!

:D *okay* :D

Comments

• 1958mb180d1958mb180d PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Dlsu-mark tallo
  • ADMU will get two new rookies in Von Pesumal and Gwyne Capacio. They're not really rookies but would have started in other teams this year had they not chosen to ride the pine in ADMU :P
  • strandedstrangerstrandedstranger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nico, albeit not a true rookie which makes my post a bit off-topic, is already eligible to play next season and is an able addition to the Blue Eagle roster.
  • Star bullpup (and jr finals MVP) Raphael Atangan still has a year to go. The 2 Ralphs, Tansingco and Busa, could well be recruitment material as well (though undersized).

Xavier star Jeron Teng seems to be a lock for UST.

Jason Ligad (St Jude Catholic School but I heard he transferred to Chiang Kai Shek) is eligible, I think.

Jerie Pingoy was recruited as early as high school from Cebu and is considered one of the, if not, the best high school point guard in the country. People are saying he could well be the next Johnny A. Not sure if he's already a senior since he transferred May 2010 from Cebu.

Van Abatayo will probably stay in Mendiola.

Gino Jumao-as will probably get to finally debut as a Tamaraw.

Any other prospects?
  • I thought teng already gave his nod to DLSU?
  • I literally just got a text message after posting that Jeron Teng might end up in Ateneo, after all.

I thought he was a lock for UST? I wonder if it's due to Jeric and Kevin Ferrer hogging all the minutes.

Btw, is John Marty Pearce (CESAFI jrs MVP) playing UAAP ball?
    I read in Gameface that Jeron is 50-50 Ateneo-La Salle. The only thing supposedly going against him going to Ateneo is that he does not want to be in the same team with Kiefer Ravena but with the internal problems in La Salle he might just end up donning the Ateneo colors.

Para kay Jeron, bro masarap manalo.
  • Jeron Teng may be better off in UST because Jeric will be graduating in two years. It will be sooner for Jeron to take over the starting and starring SG role as opposed if he played in either Ateneo or DLSU. In Ateneo, he will be a back up for four years (or possibly five if Ateneo gets a SG better than him). Or he could play as an undersized SF. In DLSU, he will be shuffling with a lot of guards (Tampus, Dela Paz, Revilla, Vosotros) because DLSU is a guard oriented team.

But if he wants to win instead of playing a lot of minutes, Ateneo is the real deal for him.
  • Sana mag UST si Jeron!
  • ^ and of all 475 people who liked the status, kief, VP and Gab are the names "randomly" chosen by facebook? hmmmm.....
    ^Although 475 seemed a dubious number, the names that appeared are not randomly chosen. It's usually the mutual friends.

For example, Jeshel and Jeron Teng assuming the picture is legitimate, have Kiefer Ravena, Von Pessumal and Gab as their mutual friends.,

What interests me, is despite the number of likes, why aren't there any comments? I mean it is such a popular post hence comments should be expected. And why is the font a bit different?
  • maybe he's already using timeline. lol!
  • pampi1010pampi1010 Orthos Paidion PEx Expert 🎖️
    ^Maybe not true.
    Jeron is frequently asked in the web about his plans, and he has repeatedly denied claims that he has already chosen a college.

He wont create such a stir. The kid knows where he stands (and that's not on The Hill yet haha).

And 475 is just unrealistic. Christ Tiu wont even get that likes overnight.

Too, he doesn't update his FB regularly. If he's going to put anything like that, he'd twit it. (Haha close?)
    Also assuming it was posted yesterday and removed perhaps this mornong or afternoon:

a. How come none of the 472 likes posted the said image a few hours upon posting?

b. Since you claim it was posted yesterday, 10/2/2011, how come the picture showed the date as opposed to the usual, "Yesterday at XX:XX"?

c. How come you had the chance to make a screen-cap when the said comment is deleted as of the time of you editted your post? You may have saved it in your PC yesterday or this morning but what stopped you from posting such juicy information right after you made screen-cap of it?

d. 470++ likes in a matter of hours? Not even Chris Tiu could do that, unless he is he Steven Gerrard?
    pampi1010 wrote: »
    ^Maybe not true.
    Jeron is frequently asked in the web about his plans, and he has repeatedly denied claims that he has already chosen a college.

He wont create such a stir. The kid knows where he stands (and that's not on The Hill yet haha).

And 475 is just unrealistic. Christ Tiu wont even get that likes overnight.

Too, he doesn't update his FB regularly. If he's going to put anything like that, he'd twit it. (Haha close?)

Christ FTW. You stole this from my mouth hahahahahhaha.
    Jeshel naman eh, mas matanda ka sa min, pero lakas mong mang trip.
    Double post!
    Double Teng! :)
  • i'll believe the 470+ likes if its from alodia. lol!
  • seems like Jeron wants to win more than being an instant star or starter. But I doubt his chances of getting pro if he goes to Ateneo because he'll be constantly playing behind Kiefer Ravena. But, who knows? Allein Maliksi, a constant back up player for Dylan Ababou, made it into pro basketball and was drafted in the first round ahead of Ababou himself.
  • callboyakocallboyako Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Verbl Kint wrote: »
    Btw, is John Marty Pearce (CESAFI jrs MVP) playing UAAP ball?

he's now with adamson