Is there still hope for the once mighty DLSU Green Archers?

Hi guys!

I am one of those who have the highest respect for DLSU. As most of you may well know, my wife and my in-laws are Lasallians and talking about anything and everything La Salle is an ordinary thing for us.

This year has been pretty bad for DLSU. Having a line-up with such talented kids but ending short of a Final Four appearance is definitely painful for DLSU supporters. Such disaster, the second in just a span of two or three years, has caused some DLSU fans to openly call for change up to point that some of them even created a Facebook fan page just to have me coach the Green Archers.

In my opinion, there is still hope for the once mighty DLSU Green Archers. Lasallians are great people. They know how to rise up to the occasion and beat the odds. I dunno with you guys but I would love to know what your opinion on this is.

Thanks! Enjoy your Sunday! Please do not forget to support our team, B-Meg, on the PBA!

Comments

• Jockey_TiyanJockey_Tiyan Member PExer
    Meron naman hope ang kaso, may hung hang kasi sa loob ng administration ng DLSU sports, tapos yung Damaso version pa ng DLSU pinagpipilitan ibalik si Franz Pumaren, kasi yung lang daw ang puwede magbigay ng korona sa DLSU, ngek ngek ngek...

Dami dami magagaling na coaches eh, dapat di pinagaaksayan ng panahon yan si Franz, parang Dindo din yan eh.
  • Well they have Tallo and Jeron Teng na.

If the new coach still screws this one up, ewan ko na.
  • strandedstrangerstrandedstranger Gab Scardragon
    There is but not in the near future. Siguro after our decade-peat. LOLJK.
  • cuchcuch do i make you horny, baby? ✭✭✭
    walang trabaho si phil jackson at si larry brown, baka pwede sila, para the archers will play the "right way" mwahahahahahaha!
  • PExMan_00PExMan_00 Bamned PExer
    lockout din sa nba, baka may pwedeng mag-enroll muna ng first 2 terms ng 2012 SY, kung aabot hanggang next year :D
  • fernando_hierrofernando_hierro Member ✭✭✭✭
    may chance, but it will be hard to catch up with ADMU
    easy sell kasi sa mga high school star players ang ADMU
    tanungin lang na, "gusto mo ba maging champion?", "gusto mo ba ma handle ng best coach sa college, norman black?"
    kaya sa ADMU na dalhin ng mga parents star player na anak nila
  • bluewingbluewing Dream Boy PExer
    hope?

wala na siguro.
  • Mike C EnriquezMike C Enriquez Imbestigador PExer
    With Gee Abanilla as head coach? It's unlikely.

Coach Gee, let's face it is another stand in for Coach Franz. The guy is practically a clone. Same system, same offense and same full court press. Don't be surprised if it's still Manong Derek running the practices and seated behind the bench giving coaching instructions during season 75.

Why is another Pumaren disciple at the head of the MBT? Di ba talaga kayang tanggalin ni Boss ECJ ang mga Pumaren? If ECJ were truly running the show, si Coach Jong na ang naka-upo.

Another wasted opportunity my fellow La Sallians. We'll be pressing again next year and wasting Van Opstal, Paredes, Torres, Andrada and Gotladera's talents because the ball will always be in Revilla and Vosotros's hands.

Pass? na ang style Pumaren, tignan niyo Shopinas sa PBA, kulelat at walang panalo. Expect the same from Franz clone Abanilla.
  • terioterio Member PExer
    Meron naman hope ang kaso, may hung hang kasi sa loob ng administration ng DLSU sports, tapos yung Damaso version pa ng DLSU pinagpipilitan ibalik si Franz Pumaren, kasi yung lang daw ang puwede magbigay ng korona sa DLSU, ngek ngek ngek...

Dami dami magagaling na coaches eh, dapat di pinagaaksayan ng panahon yan si Franz, parang Dindo din yan eh.

I have a high esteem for coach Franz. A coach who has given us a number of championships in the past deserves our highest respect and honor. It does not matter wether some say that his coaching style is "obsolete or passe'" still we salute him and we owe him a debt of gratitude. To mock him and his style of coaching is the height of ingratitude for the followers of DLSU. I do not expect you a non La Sallian to understand this.
  • LasadistaLasadista Member PExer
    Gee is the poor man's version of Franz.

Too bad, DLSU lost this golden opportunity to right its course.

It's basically back to the Pumaren era under a coach with a different surname.

Oh well........... sayang na sayang. 5th place next year will be an over-achievement.
    Lasadista wrote: »

Oh well........... sayang na sayang. 5th place next year will be an over-achievement.

Tsk tsk tsk, hindi pa nag uumpisa niyayari na.
  • maroonmartianmaroonmartian Member ✭✭✭✭
    Let's just say Franz had established a good basketball program. But other teams (Ateneo, Adamson, FEU etc and maybe NU) have found that program's weakness. In our local parlance, basang basa na.Tingin ko naman may gustong baguhin si Franz. Its by bringing Torres and VanO to add size (maliit dati ang team for speed) to their frontline.

Swerte nga kayo 5-9 malungkot kayo kami kahit ONE WIN happy na kami.
    Let's just say Franz had established a good basketball program. But other teams (Ateneo, Adamson, FEU etc and maybe NU) have found that program's weakness. In our local parlance, basang basa na.Tingin ko naman may gustong baguhin si Franz. Its by bringing Torres and VanO to add size (maliit dati ang team for speed) to their frontline.

Swerte nga kayo 5-9 malungkot kayo kami kahit ONE WIN happy na kami.

Kaya nga maski La Sallian ako, gusto ko naman magchampion ulit kayo. Matagal tagal na din ang huling championship nyo. Panahon pa ni Paras.
  • aaroncmaaroncm 6-3-1 PExer
    Dapat siguro para medyo mabago ang La Salle under Coach Gee eh gamitin niya ang style "Yeng Guiao" sa UAAP. para maiba naman ang brand ng laro sa UAAP. yung "rugged and physical" but not dirty style of game.

Batang Red Bull boys ang dating ba. ;)

medyo corny na panoorin ang UAAP kasi masyado ng scientific ang laro ng mga bata. dapat medyo balik natin ang larong kalye slash Yeng Guiao style.

Gawin niyang consultant si Yeng Guaio para mabilis matuto ang mga player ng La Salle. :lol:
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    aaroncm wrote: »
    Dapat siguro para medyo mabago ang La Salle under Coach Gee eh gamitin niya ang style "Yeng Guiao" sa UAAP. para maiba naman ang brand ng laro sa UAAP. yung "rugged and physical" but not dirty style of game.

Batang Red Bull boys ang dating ba. ;)

medyo corny na panoorin ang UAAP kasi masyado ng scientific ang laro ng mga bata. dapat medyo balik natin ang larong kalye slash Yeng Guiao style.

Gawin niyang consultant si Yeng Guaio para mabilis matuto ang mga player ng La Salle. :lol:

i guess you havent been watching a lot of NU, UST, and UE(under Lawrence Chongson) games the past few years.

if you really think about it, Ateneo lang naman ang meron purely scientific type of play and system. the way they break down and pick apart their opponents is like watching a professional team. while all the other teams in the UAAP even though meron nga sila "plays" every once in a while nagiging "larong buko" din, dinadaan sa pabilisan ng takbo at pataasan ng talon" eg. Terrence Romeo :lol:
  • RuckuS wrote: »
    i guess you havent been watching a lot of NU, UST, and UE(under Lawrence Chongson) games the past few years.

if you really think about it, Ateneo lang naman ang meron purely scientific type of play and system. the way they break down and pick apart their opponents is like watching a professional team. while all the other teams in the UAAP even though meron nga sila "plays" every once in a while nagiging "larong buko" din, dinadaan sa pabilisan ng takbo at pataasan ng talon" eg. Terrence Romeo :lol:

WOW!!! Ang galing talaga ng Ateneo!!! Siguradong 5-peat na yan. Paglabanan na lang natin yung 2nd place;)
  • Lasadista wrote: »

I'm hoping my team will "over-achieve" next year by placing 5th. Maybe we should all follow mimic their cheer: "Win or lose, it's the school we choose!!!";)
  • There is but not in the near future. Siguro after our decade-peat. LOLJK.

DECADE PEAT!!!;) "Whom the gods wish to destroy, they make proud."
  • Steely_DamnedSteely_Damned do it again... PExer
    ^^ whom the UAAP gods wish to destroy, they first make deluded.
  • magkaibang magkaiba ang systema ni Franz at Gee, Si Franz rely too much on full court press and isolation plays, as for Gee, more of a half court defense and offense... sobrang magkaiba talaga, sa big men development palang, masmaganda ang training program ni Gee, eh yung kay franz, mga big men kung tumira parang mga nasa age 2 to 3 yrs old, toddler shots nga. hihihihihi!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file