Home PEx Sports UAAP - Basketball

History will repeat itself DLSU-ADMU 2012...

xlistxlist PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
10 years ago(1998-2001) nag 4peat dlsu. on their way to a 5peat, natalo sila ng admu(salamat mike cortez)....

today, admu na ang may 4 straight titles...eto ang tanong, mapigilan kaya ng dlsu maka 5-peat ang ateneo? who knows :rotflmao: (sino kaya ang pasasalamatan ng la salle :lol: )

Comments

• strandedstrangerstrandedstranger PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Nah.

For one, Ateneo comes in again as title favorites. Unless there would be any seismic shock/ scandal during the off-season that would shake the team loose, Ateneo has the fivepeat a lock.

I don't think next year's recruitment class would have a lot of say on next season's competition as much as this year's recruitment haul did when Ateneo bannered heavy names in Kiefer Ravena and Greg Slaughter.

Even if Greg decides to go pro, Eram would be ripe to be Nonoy Baclao's second-coming with Chua possibly being steady at the paint.

Although Coach Norman Black would like to enjoy this first and take it one year at a time, I am more concerned about getting a good big man ripe for Season 76 when 2008 recruitment class (sans Ryan) bids farewell. I'm pretty sure our coaching staff and recruiters have something cooking plus a title under our belt will send waves to prospects.

Sarap kaya manalo.

Ang Sarap Maging Atenista.
  • xlist wrote: »
    10 years ago(1998-2001) nag 4peat dlsu. on their way to a 5peat, natalo sila ng admu(salamat mike cortez)....

today, admu na ang may 4 straight titles...eto ang tanong, mapigilan kaya ng dlsu maka 5-peat ang ateneo? who knows :rotflmao: (sino kaya ang pasasalamatan ng la salle :lol: )

lol the admu team that stopped the DLSU 5 peat was composed of vets, not to mention one of the strongest teams in admu history. It had like 7 players in the roster who played in the PBA, so them beating DLSU wasn't that far-fetched.

The DLSU team will be starting from scratch next year. New coach, new system and some more new players. They might make some noise but unless their coach turns out to be Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich I don't think they will win season 75.
  • Lispy_OB_WanLispy_OB_Wan PEx Rookie ⭐
    and for it to be a complete rework, dlsu should have tried to avert the 4-peat this year, like what Admu tried to do. Honestly, di ko nakikitang F4 man ang dlsu for the next 2 years, much less finalist.
  • That's such a diss to Adamson, Feu, Ust and NU who have a much better chance of reaching the finals next year.
  • Until all line-ups are final and complete, no one can really foresee how season 75 will play out.
  • Lakas talaga ng Ateneo, kahit sabihin pa nating HINDI sila nag-ooverall champion pero ano ba talaga ang pinapanood ng buong sambayanan diba basketball? Kaya nga kahit overall champion kami every year(UST) mas gusto ko magchampion sa UAAP ang UST. Pero proud din naman ako na overall champion kami eh, pero mas gusto ko ang championship sa basketball. :D
  • terioterio PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    La Salle vs Ateneo sa finals on 2012 ? Masaya ang Binondo group pag nagkataon.
  • kung hindi ADAMSON ang magchahampion next season.. mag5-peat nalang ang ateneo...hahaha

:dance::dance::dance:
  • Grabe naman pangarap ng dlsu/dlsu fan,kakagulat. :)

Para sa kin, happy na ako maka-final four next year ang UST,tapos bahala na si batman kung makaswerteng finals. :D
  • ^ I'm happy for our overall sports program. If they're happy with just a basketball trophy then give them that.

However, DLSU's chances on breaking their rivals -peat is highly unlikely. Just like what others said, the only teams which can derail the -peat are ours since we'll be having the most intact core (which gave them some headaches in their last semis match) coupled with some addition and key returnees, and perhaps NU (if they can play better team basketball...) Correct me if I'm wrong but I just don't see AdU, FEU and DLSU being up to the task...

Nice one Pao! :) I think Ateneo is stronger next year. Who cares baka swertihin ang ibang team next year. :)

I doubt it. Apples and oranges. Ateneo and La Salle were practically even matched then. Malas lang talaga ang Ateneo during the first half of the tournament and just made up for it when it mattered most. Right now, La Salle unfortunately is a shell of its former self so comparing what happened in 2002 is a bit of a stretch.
  • cairoegyptcairoegypt PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    UST will play the role of ADAMSON 74 in 75. NU will be the FEU next year. ADMU will still be ADMU. :lol::lol::lol:

CINDERELLA stories will not happen anymore.

ONE BIG FIVE!!!
  • TTmTTm PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    no............
  • Cinderella? Wala pa Ateneo nyan. Never was a general champion in both divisions. Outside Norman Black, Ateneo's UAAP record is as dark as the Mariana Trench abyss. Good thing they have Samoa in an ocean of, well, mediocrity in sports.

READING COMPREHENSION FAIL!
    :bop: :bop: :bop:
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    terio wrote: »
    La Salle vs Ateneo sa finals on 2012 ? Masaya ang Binondo group pag nagkataon.

di nga sila makaabot ng Final4, Championship na agad iniisip.

maghanap muna kayo ng bagong coach. :lol:
  • PExkyPExky PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Bakit ang mga tao dito... always on the move to put DLSU down? Takot ba kayo? :lol:
  • Di po kami takot sa 6th place finish nyo. Hehe peeezzz :D
  • Although La Salle got Jeron Teng for Season 75, I don't think they'll be able to fight back that fast coming from a frustrating season 74. First reason, hindi gaanong magagaling ang back up players unlike Ateneo.

Not being biased, but I guess it will be Ateneo vs. UST next season. Both teams have good line up. Ateneo has Slaughter, Ravena and to add were Gonzaga and Golla who bloomed at the latter part of the recently-concluded season 74. UST has Abdul, Fortuna, Teng + Ferrer, Camus and Bautista (he'll be back).

Expect Tigers next season to be a top seed. Agree with the post above, UST will play the role of Adamson. But I guess the game will be more unpredictable next season. *okay* NU will also be a big team.
  • Kayong mga taga La Salle ang matakot. Di lang sa basketball kayo nalagpasan ng mga Taga-UST. Ang rinig ko pati sa academics nalagpasan na daw kayo. Ayaan niyo wala naman tatalo sa kayabangan niyo eh..... kayo ang No.1 diyan parati!