FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Ano ba ang legal na work hours sa Philippines?

I understand na 8 hours talaga ang usual work hours ng isang working person and beyond that ay overtime na. Pero bakit kaya yung friend ko na nagwowork sa isang private owned business eh 10am to 8pm straight yun without breaks from Monday to Saturday tapos ang sweldo lang sa kanya mga around 7k lang? When I said no breaks as in no breaks, puwede lang sila kumain kung kelan sila available and hindi sila puwede lumabas. Pinapadalhan na sila ng lunch ng owner nung business.

Fair ba ang ganitong klase ng patakaran? Ano masasabi ng Department of Labor sa ganitong case? Kayo po ano opinyon niyo?

Comments

• scottstorchscottstorch omnipotent PExer
    10 hours for only 7k? Your friend should quit his/her job. Pero kung kasambahay yan or parang bantay sa shop ganyan talaga ang kadalasang sistema or mas malaki pa.
    I learned from the news that someone is proposing a bill to change the 8 hours a day, M-F to 10 hours a day, M-Th to increase "productivity" daw and to cut the daily expenses of the employees eg. fare, food.
    I'm not sure if it's advantageous or not for both employees and employers.
  • xBigoteAtBalbasxxBigoteAtBalbasx I only believe in science. PExer
    suggestion lang batas sa pinas he he
  • Carlos_BCarlos_B Member PExer
    ang problema, payag ang workers kahit ano pa work hours, gipit naman kasi, mamimili pa ba ng work hours?
  • lockexlockex Member PExer
    Ang problema, andami mareklamo, ayaw nalang magtrabaho! Tsk.

Fair, next.
  • MaccieForeverMaccieForever Member ✭✭✭
    Do you know that taxi drivers work 24 hours straight shifts?
    Andami kong nasakyang taxi na hilong-hilo ang driver sa antok at muntik muntikan na kami mabangga
  • Max_BuwayaMax_Buwaya Member ✭✭✭
    hindi kaya ganito ang trabaho nung barkada mo? aba'y dapat lang sya magreklamo :glee:
  • scottstorchscottstorch omnipotent PExer
    ^ Ayos na trabaho yan Max*okay*. Hotel critic?
    ---
    Mag-rereklamo ka ba sa P7,000 na sahod sa 10 hrs/day pag inofferan
    ka ng "Private" company? :naughty:
  • Max_BuwayaMax_Buwaya Member ✭✭✭
    ^ pag matrona scott, butaw lang yang P7,000 :lol:
  • VOSVOS VOSSing Mo PExer
    lockex wrote: »
    Ang problema, andami mareklamo, ayaw nalang magtrabaho! Tsk.

Fair, next.

nagtatrabaho nga siya at hindi siya nagreklamo. tinatanong lang kung tama iyon.

intindihin mo muna binabasa mo bago ka mag reply. :p :lol:
  • Alfonso209Alfonso209 more than just a face PExer
    mission_KJ wrote: »
    I understand na 8 hours talaga ang usual work hours ng isang working person and beyond that ay overtime na. Pero bakit kaya yung friend ko na nagwowork sa isang private owned business eh 10am to 8pm straight yun without breaks from Monday to Saturday tapos ang sweldo lang sa kanya mga around 7k lang? When I said no breaks as in no breaks, puwede lang sila kumain kung kelan sila available and hindi sila puwede lumabas. Pinapadalhan na sila ng lunch ng owner nung business.

Fair ba ang ganitong klase ng patakaran? Ano masasabi ng Department of Labor sa ganitong case? Kayo po ano opinyon niyo?

Totoo ba to? Sabihin mo pumunta siya sa DOLE, dun niya i-consult yan.
  • spring_moonspring_moon Member PExer
    Minimum wage in NCR for non-agriculture work is Php426.00.

DOLE has a website and you will find the Labor Code there (http://www.dole.gov.ph/). See some provisions below on working hours:

Hours of Work in the Philippines

Normal hours of work in the Philippines
    The normal hours of work of any employee shall not exceed eight hours a day. Hours worked shall include all time during which an employee is required to be on duty or to be at a prescribed workplace and all time during which an employee is suffered or permitted to work. Rest periods of short duration during working hours shall be counted as hours worked.

Meal periods
    Subject to such regulations as the Secretary of Labor may prescribe, it shall be the duty of every employer to give his employees not less than 60 minutes time-off for their regular meals.

Night shift differential
    Every employee shall be paid a night shift differential of not less than 10% of his regular wage for each hour of work performed between ten o’clock in the evening and six o’clock in the morning.

Overtime work
    Work may be performed beyond eight hours a day provided that the employee is paid for the overtime work, an additional compensation equivalent to his regular wage plus at least 25% thereof. Work performed beyond eight hours on a holiday or rest day shall be paid an additional compensation equivalent to the rate of the first eight hours on a holiday or rest day plus at least 30% thereof.
  • kapitan jiegohkapitan jiegoh Male Machismo-so PExer
    @TS,

regular working hours per day in philippines is 8 hours, pwede din accumulate yung 48 hours a week in 4 - 5 days para pahinga ng 2 days....

minimum wage kasi depende yan, meron din naman kasi ang DOLE na wage brackets for small scale industries, agricultural workers eh iba din ang wage bracket. kaya alamin muna ng friend mo kung saan naka bracket yung company na pinapasukan nya
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop I Am WHIP ✭✭✭
    depende kasi. if you have less than x number of employess di ka na kasama sa minimum wage law. lol. its a loophole used by convenience stores.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file