COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

[MERGED] Taking Care of My Teeth (The General Dentistry Thread)

jackjack Cebu Blogger PExer
isa, dalawa, tatlo? ilan ba... :) ilan ba dapat..di ko alam eh ...hehehe

How often do you brush your teeth?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• IraIra Member PExer
    er...any dentist on board? Personally I brush my teeth at least 5x a day, and especially after I've eaten food, no matter how little the amount(unless I'm out having dinner). I would guess that you should brush your teeth once you wake up, after every meal/merienda, and before going to sleep, to keep plaques from accumulating.

[This message has been edited by Ira (edited 11-22-1999).]
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    Yikes, Ira! It's bad to brush your teeth TOO MUCH! Something in the toothpaste 'melts' away the enamel of the teeth if you brush too much.

I brush my teeth twice a day, sometimes three. I used to brush it thrice a day daily, but after I was told it's bad to brush too much, I now do it twice a day.
  • airaaira Member PExer
    jack: hmmm, depends how often you kiss :), dont ask me kung before or after the kiss, tho...
  • jackjack Cebu Blogger PExer
    well ako... once, twice or thrice a DAY but definitely not 5.

ira: grabe pala ang compulsion mo in cleaning your teeth.

aira: so, hoften do you kiss?

caramba: really? oh well, may excuse na ako not to brush my teeth often :)
  • dikay57dikay57 Member PExer
    my dentist told me that too much fluoride, from toothpastes, can be harmful to your teeth. i brush my teeth three times a day.
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Too much ba? hehe...I like the freshly-brushed-teeth taste eh. :)
  • NewtoNNewtoN RE-MEMBER PExer
    'kala ko ba forum ni Doc Ira 'to...nabaligtad na yata...hehe :)

'kung sa bagay..dentistry na ang pinag-uusapan dito..hindi na sakop ng medicine...
  • IraIra Member PExer
    LOL...I do not know anything about dentistry, definitely! I see my dentist annually (I know, it's supposed to be 2x a year), and that's one time too many pa in my opinion. I have had dentist phobia ever since my braces period, and the less seen and known about them the better for me. ;)
  • ChiQuiChiQui Member PExer
    I brush my teeth after every major meal.. which is breakfast, morning snack, lunch, merienda, dinner, midnight snack, bedtime snack... :) Just kidding...
  • CyCy Registered User PExer
    me twice a day...

[email protected] ey you know what minsan kung sino pa yung hindi mahilig magtoothbrush sila pa yung may konti ang sira ang ipin. weird noh?
  • oscarwarezoscarwarez Member PExer
    after breakfast...after lunch...and before going to sleep :)
    would there be any scientifically or medically proven effect of brushing too much???
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Rita_rits, you there?
  • WangieWangie Member PExer
    i brush thrice a day. when i wake up, after lunch and before bedtime.

that's what my dentist told me when i was 10.
  • Misa HayaseMisa Hayase Member PExer
    Twice a day ok na. It's very important to brush before going to bed at night...kasi mas acidic ang saliva sa gabi...
    doc Ira, sobra na yata ang 5 times daily! Toothpaste contains lots of abrasives which can wear out the enamel pag overzealous ang brushing =).
  • IraIra Member PExer
    Addicted lang ata ako siguro sa lasa ng toothpaste. Look at my very nice grin! -->; :D
  • RöttenMindRöttenMind Member PExer
    shocks! dapat ba nagbabrush ng teeth?!?!?! ;)

me, depende, madalas lalo na nung me braces pa ko..

pero ngayong ala na, nde nah! ;)

siguro thrice, or twice lang... kakapagod eh! and tipid ako eh!
  • doinkdoink Member PExer
    3 times, ilan ba dapat?
  • jackjack Cebu Blogger PExer
    when i went to bohol, i forgot to bring my toothbrush...is it okay not to brush your teeth for 48 hours? hehehe
  • RöttenMindRöttenMind Member PExer
    jack, k lang yun, sanay na kami sayo! ;)
  • wAgKaNgMaKuLiTwAgKaNgMaKuLiT Unregistered PExer

hde ba nakakasira din ang sobrang fluoride sa ngipin?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file